+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Easy Riding

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

Default Easy Riding

Well I just saw Easy Rider again; this time at the cinema.
    I've wanted to get a bike and tour across America ever since i read Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and this just brought it back to the forefront of my imagination. I'm thinking a 6 month road trip with a tent and enough money for fuel and food.

So any of you done anything like this? A lot of you are American and i'm guessing a fair few of you have or have had bikes. Any suggestions on geography or cycles? Is it even possible to realistically do this kind of trip anymore?

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: Easy Riding

holy shit i love that book,awesome story/philoosphy......

i've been on many triple digit ,"rod runs"but that's with old bet to shit ratrods,not bikes,although i'm sure there were some bikes in the bigger runs.......highly recomend it...it's a very self-wahtever expereince..

Damn, i can't type for shit today.......

oh.by the way, i'd say go with a old Triumph,like '68 with some speed goodness,cuz those motors need a bit more pep.....those are my fav. bikes...

and a local...umm.....who care, once you just get out on the road it doesn't really matter......i've done most of the east.....nvery noce ,but weather can be a bitch......

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

ive wanted to do this for a while to but i dont have a motorbike, i have gone on alot of roadtrips by car and seen some awesome places like the rocky mountains, the grand canyon, and you also meet cool people at roadside dinner's. the only thing that could stop you is the gas prices nowadays.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

if i ever get a motorcycle and a motorcycle gang im im taking a coast to coast trip

I have not done this on a motorcycle but it is really interesting to see all the ways people are both different and the same across America.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by 23*
    Is it even possible to realistically do this kind of trip anymore?

Of course it is possible and realistic. Bike culture all across America is as strong as it ever was, and has a interesting and unique sub culture as fun as anywhere world wide. The days of the sterotypical "outlaw biker" has become much more of an accepted way of living. I say ""Go for it""

+ Reply to Thread