+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pope John Paul II makes a Miraculous Recovery...

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Default Pope John Paul II makes a Miraculous Recovery...

... April Fool. he's still circling the drain.

of course, the masses are out praying. why? do they imagine god is going to change its mind? "oh, look. the apes don't want me to kill that Karol Wojtyla. guess i was wrong. hah! and i thought i was infallible."

and if god does change whatever it uses for a mind - do these people imagine John Paul George Ringo II is going to be magically restored to health? no; if god doesn't kill him, he's going to recover as a Schiavesque zombie pope. staggering around the square moaning for brains. what an example to set for the children.

haven't any of these people seen "Pet Sematery"? think about it.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Pope John Paul II makes a Miraculous Recovery...

im praying he makes it or at least dies peacefully any guy that can forgive a guy who tried to kill him is ok in my book

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    im praying he makes it or at least dies peacefully any guy that can forgive a guy who tried to kill him is ok in my book

that's an admirable sentiment. i look forward to describing it to the rabid gang of violent anti-abortionists who are protesting at a local hospital.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I also have respect for the guy. He was a Holocaust survivor.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I have a lot of respect for this particular Pope. I hope he goes painlessly. He's live a remarkable life.

OEC

Pope's electrocardiogram flat: report

The Great Mystery.

TICAN CITY (Reuters) - Italian media gave contradictory reports about Pope John Paul's vital signs on Friday, first saying his heart and brain activity had stopped and then reporting this was not true.
    Reuters Slideshow: Pope John Paul II

There was no official comment from the Vatican.

The first reports, picked up by the state broadcaster RAI, said his electrocardiogram had gone flat. The ADNkronos news agency said monitoring showed his brain activity had halted.

But Sky Italia television later quoted Vatican sources saying both his brain and heart were still functioning.

*conspiracy sirens go off*

Yeah, I just read that in AIM news, his conditions have worsened.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

What if the bishop came out to the balcony, told the crowd the pope was dead, then after a few minutes of crying and wailing, he yells out: APRIL FOOLS! And then the pope comes out and break dances. That would be sweet! A pope with a sense of humor...

Omg, that would be such a cruel joke. But, I like it.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    What if the bishop came out to the balcony, told the crowd the pope was dead, then after a few minutes of crying and wailing, he yells out: APRIL FOOLS! And then the pope comes out and break dances. That would be sweet! A pope with a sense of humor...
    that'd be fuckin great,haha,dammit it hurt to laugh like that..ha

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Hope he goes in peace...he's one of the few popes I can respect and his own background and past is nothing short of astounding...he tried to do a lot in the church and while the priest scandals of recent years were not handled well (his health was clearly a factor) his prime years were one of interesting times and non-traditional outings...very interesting man...hope the next guy is just as good though he'll have big shoes to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Hope he goes in peace...he's one of the few popes I can respect and his own background and past is nothing short of astounding...he tried to do a lot in the church and while the priest scandals of recent years were not handled well (his health was clearly a factor) his prime years were one of interesting times and non-traditional outings...very interesting man...hope the next guy is just as good though he'll have big shoes to fill.
    A lot of people may be unaware of the Pope's actual stance on death. He sees it as a natural process of life that should not be feared. His only stance on end of life issues relates to food and hydration. He sees natural death as a choice. Before losing consciousness, he requested that he not be taken back to the hospital. The Pope's moral courage in facing communism and fascism make him a man for the ages. I don't belong to any organized religion. I don't believe as Catholics do. I will never forget this Pope.

(Stance on the death process paraphrased from Cardinals and Archbishops interviewed on 4/1/2005)

OEC

'He is a very wicked man...'

(Genesis P. Orridge)

I admit in no way approval to the Catholic Church; the only good thing about the holy cross is, it looks good if turned upside down, as a tattoo on your foot-soles and can be used as a sex toy (which looks even better!)...
    Unfortunalely, Mother Theresa never found out..
    Did they make a great point in forgiving their enemies?
    No, s/he just obeyed the rules; did s/he do anything remarkable in the questions of contraception, abortion, gender positions, HIV?
    Answer: Yes, they helped HIV a lot to spread out, and when a 9 year old girl in Guatemala got pregnant because she was *****, they excluded the whole family because they allowed abortion...

T.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Compared to other popes............. this one has been a lot more respectable..... it was that church in Guatemala that kicked the family out, not the pope. It's impossible for him to answer for every fucking priest that abuses power. He was the first pope to visit Israel, even apologized on behalf of the church for how Jews were treated during the Holocaust.

So since you like the cross upside down.............. do you worship St Peter?

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    Compared to other popes............. this one has been a lot more respectable..... it was that church in Guatemala that kicked the family out, not the pope. It's impossible for him to answer for every fucking priest that abuses power. He was the first pope to visit Israel, even apologized on behalf of the church for how Jews were treated during the Holocaust.

So since you like the cross upside down.............. do you worship St Peter?
    Clearly NO; only art for art's sake..and satanic BEAUTY! The idea derives from Joris Karl Huysman's in 'La-Bas' (who himself turned to Catholicism towards the end - doesn't alter the fact, that he was a great writer).
    The church in Guatemala acted in accordance with the pope's restrictives, no?
    But it doesn't have to be a 9 year old child there - any woman suffering from repressive, male-dominated and malevolent systems would do, whether Islamic, Jewish, Christian, Hindu or Bhuddhist (or Fake-Satanist).
    Regarding Israel: MORE shame so on the former popes - I have no need for any kind of superfather or their corrupt, hyppocrite, abusive institution.
    By the way, Mel Gibson's 'Passion' (widely regarded as antisemitic)
    got a by this one. An old sick man has died - not a 'champion of freedom'. People should go to the sick old living men in hospitals, if they want to practise altruism, not to Catholic masses.
    I don't hated the man, but what he claimed to embody (I was babtised a Catholic but left age 14) - which is more or less the same, thinking about transsubstantiation..

Hail Satan

ska°l!

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I myself am Agnostic, I know one thing humanity is nieve and it is going to catch up with us one day. Were foolish and insecure. I had admiriation for the ope becasue of his conviction to his faith, how many are willing to stand up for what believe? right or wrong, lose friends or make enemies or make allies? not many. As for the sexuality of the church that is something of a stigma for the Catholic church in the modern world. It's unwilling to bend on that one, and with the way the world is the MUST. Overall we lost a person who took on some big bullies and gave slavation and hope to those that had none especially in Poland, and if it wasn't for that attitude and desire, the same would not have Happened in Ukraine. Yes the Church has to update it's mandate, but no system is not phalable, everything I know is corrupt to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    I myself am Agnostic, I know one thing humanity is nieve and it is going to catch up with us one day. Were foolish and insecure. I had admiriation for the ope becasue of his conviction to his faith, how many are willing to stand up for what believe? right or wrong, lose friends or make enemies or make allies? not many. As for the sexuality of the church that is something of a stigma for the Catholic church in the modern world. It's unwilling to bend on that one, and with the way the world is the MUST. Overall we lost a person who took on some big bullies and gave slavation and hope to those that had none especially in Poland, and if it wasn't for that attitude and desire, the same would not have Happened in Ukraine. Yes the Church has to update it's mandate, but no system is not phalable, everything I know is corrupt to some extent.

OEC

I believe he was one of them creepy guys who always have to talk about drinking blood...?

Funky hat, though

+ Reply to Thread