+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can you find love in a bar/club?

Mother Superior

Default Can you find love in a bar/club?

I was talking to a friend today and she was telling me about how rough the dating scene was here in Detroit. We had a debate, she said "you can't find love in a bar". I had to laugh because I really have to disagree, just because a person frequents a bar or club doesn't make them not relationship material. You can't put it all under one judgement, in my opinion. I personally have never met anyone for anything serious in a club/bar , that's true but it doesn't mean it can't happen.

Default Re: Can you find love in a bar/club?

Even if you cant you sure can have fun trying . I have met many I Mistress and Master for a night of play in bars and clubs
    swan

Ichigo's Avatar Senior Member

I think it's hard to get a relationship going with someone you meet at a bar, at least for me.

chaosfeary's Avatar Senior Member

I'll let you know when I get around to trying.

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

the trick is you never go to a bar or club to look for love. if you find love then great, if not your not going to be disapointed. you should go with the intentions of getting drunk, dancing, or hanging ot with frends. if you see someone you think is cute go introduce yourself and talk to them. love will come naturally wether in a bar/club or at a liquer store. it doesnt mater where you are.
    the only thing you need to consider is most people dont go to a bar or club to find love they are most likely looking for sex/one night stand.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

yes, I met Mace in a bar and we are getting married. Weve been together a year;]

there is a prove... you can if you are wright person for it.... unless you're going to bar or club that plays country music

I've found it lots of times

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Ok, first off, I am from the Detroit area (born and raised) and so is my wife. Whom, by the way, I met in a bar. And April 13 will be our nine year anniversary. So is dating hard? yes. Can you find love in a bar? YES.

You go to a bar to learn to forget about a love -- and the next day you go there to remember to forget..after a while, you'll get more and more drinks on the house...

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    I was talking to a friend today and she was telling me about how rough the dating scene was here in Detroit. We had a debate, she said "you can't find love in a bar". I had to laugh because I really have to disagree, just because a person frequents a bar or club doesn't make them not relationship material. You can't put it all under one judgement, in my opinion. I personally have never met anyone for anything serious in a club/bar , that's true but it doesn't mean it can't happen.
    That's what my script is about!!! hah!!! The answer is YES!!!!

I've thought about this lately, as I am newly single.
    I think most of the people I meet at bars and clubs aren't my type, but I am there and so obviously there are exceptions!
    When I am in a relationship however, I tend to want to spend more time at home hanging out (but I still like to go out!)
    My last boyfriend for example remained more interested in going to bars than spending time alone with me.
    Its really hit or miss.
    I will probably meet my next beau through mutual friends, or maybe at shows (local bands and such).

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

hm, can you participate in social situations without drinking? can you stop being bitches for the liqour industry? I guess the answer to those are no. I was hanging out with some people and they were like ah man, what am I going to do? I have to drive so how can I drink? I don't want to drive after I've been drinking, and they went on for about ten minutes on this train of thought when I said " um. here's a crazy idea. why don't you just not drink alchohol today?" and they looked at me like I was insane, and then ignored me and continued to stipulate on how they were going to get through the day, sicne it's impossible for people to do anything social without drinking alchohol. fucking tools. wow what a great relationship you have, now just think what it would be like to meet someone when your ability to think and function isn't impaired> naw. fuck it. let's all get wasted instead.

Me agian, actually you can find love in a bar. I met a verry long term Mistress in one and although we are no longer together my tome with her was the best of my young life.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

I just say, finding love in a bar or club is a pipe dream on a slow burn.

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

some people do my boyfriend did i havent but shhhh dont tell him that i might yet i suppose what is love anyway cause i sure dont understand

l know people married for years that have..(although I don't like them)...but don't give up..it's always unexpected how we meet special folks..

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

i think you can find or stumble upon love /lust anywhere...but its the quality of the people that flood the bar scene that leaves alot to be mentioned

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

you can find almost anything you want at a bar and if the bar doesn't have what you want then why are you there? as for finding love, absolutely

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by devil13
    the trick is you never go to a bar or club to look for love. if you find love then great, if not your not going to be disapointed. you should go with the intentions of getting drunk, dancing, or hanging ot with frends. if you see someone you think is cute go introduce yourself and talk to them. love will come naturally wether in a bar/club or at a liquer store. it doesnt mater where you are.
    the only thing you need to consider is most people dont go to a bar or club to find love they are most likely looking for sex/one night stand.

couldnt have said it better

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I think you can find love anywhere. I don't think a bar is a better or worse locale for perfection or disaster than your local coffee shop or Burger King or introduction through friends or interactive web site. If it is the right person, it is the right person. If it is the wrong person, the best intentions won't make them the right one.

"You don't meet nice girls in coffee shops..."
    - Tom Waits

Hehe... in response to Amelia's post....
    Last edited by tinstar; 04-11-2005 at 11:05 AM. Reason: added something

Sure you do. I met my current girl in a coffee shop and where still kinda together. Oh, ya never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    I think you can find love anywhere. I don't think a bar is a better or worse locale for perfection or disaster than your local coffee shop or Burger King or introduction through friends or interactive web site. If it is the right person, it is the right person. If it is the wrong person, the best intentions won't make them the right one.
    But Amelia, can you find love at STARBUCKS??????

Don't fall in love with broke, drug addict club boys!!! Don't do it!! Don't do it!!! Don't even go there!!! Walk out the door...

I am talking to myself here....

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

ohh but theyre just so damn good looking though.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

you can find love there but you can't sustain it...
    all to often i find the people be it significant others or just friendships in general don't survive very well(or don't go past superficial) unless you have more to it then clubs and big parties... while in boston alot of my friends would have dinners and or movie nights during the week to get that intimate time to go along with the clubbing and partying on the weekends

Quote Originally Posted by devil13
    ohh but theyre just so damn good looking though.
    I know, I know, but they will take all your money, and break your heart. The last one just about killed me....

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by skully
    you can find love there but you can't sustain it...
    See previous post of mine.. Happy Anniversary to me and the misses. April 13th makes nine years and still going strong.

So much for not being able to sustaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    if it is the right person, it is the right person
    So very true.. thx.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I think you hit it right on skully.

btw, congradulations evilbink.

I can find love in a bar with a ether soaked rag and a gag-ball.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    See previous post of mine.. Happy Anniversary to me and the misses. April 13th makes nine years and still going strong.

So much for not being able to sustaining it.

So very true.. thx.

sorry for the misunderstanding:

i meant you can't sustain it in the club alone... i've seen it all to often where people meet at a bar or club but they don't do to much else...their whole life is that bar or club then eventually they break up.. i was just saying that yes it is possible to meet someone and have alot of fun their but the key to staying together (besides the usual communication understanding and working together stuff) is to move beyond just going to the club together spice things up a bit. go to movies plays to the park home movie night etc etc... the same with friends... i've know some really cool people at clubs that always say hi and we have fun hanging out and such but if we don't occasionaly do things outside the club we never really cement the friendship .. god forbid i don't go to the club in a few weeks even a month(which happens alot during finals) next thing you know i am building the clubfriendship up from scratch again...

+ Reply to Thread