+ Reply to Thread

Thread: question abt Sin City

Default question abt Sin City

I don't want to give away the plot for people who didn't see it..
    So don't read this for spoilers..
    but for people who did..I saw it last night..so was the whole thing a hallucination (or like most of it)- since at the end we see characters that were supposedly killed off earlier.?
    thanks

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: question abt Sin City

no its like pulp fiction its showing a bunch of different stories that take place at the same time only it only shows one story at a time. Its a basic nonlinear storyline.

Kidthorazin is right, but they did it this way to tie all the characters together somehow. They split up the first story (with the cop) between the beginning and the end to show the passing of time that was needed for his story.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

i haven't seen it yet... ....

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

nope not a hallucination......... that'd be a pretty detailed hallucination if it was

Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisagod
    nope not a hallucination......... that'd be a pretty detailed hallucination if it was
    but earlier on M Rourke says he isn't sure if it's real..since he implies he's schizo..
    and so why do we see Rourke and the serial killer kid at the end..unless it really was nonl-linear.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i havent seen it and i dont plan on seeing it

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    i havent seen it and i dont plan on seeing it

yea, i would actually like to see it,but i'd bet money i won't end up going,it took me like year to see even the first killbill.........

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    yea, i would actually like to see it,but i'd bet money i won't end up going,it took me like year to see even the first killbill.........
    same here i still havent seen the seacond kill bill i hate movie theatres and i avoid them at all costs, i always wait for the dvd. i got a prety bitchin home theatre set up anyways

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by chloee
    but earlier on M Rourke says he isn't sure if it's real..since he implies he's schizo..
    and so why do we see Rourke and the serial killer kid at the end..unless it really was nonl-linear.
    yeah it was non-linear the think with that big dude was to add depth to the story i think in the comic it went more into that but i havent read that one in a while

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by Me, before the movie came out
    I don't know about sin city.. how can you make all those stories into one movie?
    for one thing the character of Nancy who's played by Jessica Alba is a minor character in all of the stories, nonetheless we see her as an adult in Marv's storyline from the very first Sin City comics (which was just called Sin City, and which I would assume the bulk of the movie is based on).
    In another story called That Yellow Bastard, which must also be depicted in the movie as it contains the character's of the Yellow Bastard and Detective Harrtigan ( played by bruce willis in the movie) from that storyline; the character of nancy is a little kid... so how does that work out in a movie? it works on the comics because each storyline is more or less independant from the other one's, and it's really only the minor characters and events that connect them. In a movie you'd have to show it all at one time, showing That Yellow Bastard story for the first hour, then saying "15 years later" and then the following stories, which would be stupid. or you'd have to jump around back and forth between the stories which would be confusing.
    Umm. hope that clears up the confusion.. or maybe it only makes you more confused and cofirms the confusion that I predicted.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

To put it simpy:

The timeline is NOT in order.

+ Reply to Thread