+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who's into crafts?

Default Who's into crafts?

I am sure a lot of people here sew...
    I am very into resin casting, sewing, collages, and making little pictures with old LP covers, broken jewelry, and other thrift store finds.
    Right now I am making a project based on a design by my friend Ben. It's a tabletop with a pizza laquered into it (under a layer of resin)
    I don't think I can post photos yet, but I would love to see your photos or descriptions of items you make.

Default Re: Who's into crafts?

to steal our ideas?

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

i do plastic canvas, sewing and learning how to stencil.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Not sure I would call it crafts, but I make a lot of glass, jewelry and leather pieces. As for pics, there is a decent gallery of my glass on my web site. Anyone interested can check it out.

www.awindowintoimagination.com

Thats awesome!
    Crafts was the only word I could think of to encompass "making stuff"

I draw and write...and I glean joy from coding. :[

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

right now i'm working on a sculpture of a heroin addict getting crucified.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i enjoy knitting i dont normaly tell people this but since im probably never gona meet any of you its ok

I Draw, Paint, Sing, Sculpt, Build Stuff, and Lots of other Persuits.

I make chainmail when i'm not feeling bored. nothing much interesting - a couple of slightly skew-wiff coifs, trying to work out how to do a gauntlet to cause minimum obstruction to the digits. thinking of maybe trying something more ornamental with lower guage wire. silver would be nice, if it wasn't so ridiculously expensive.

Oh, and i write. and have been published. pseudonym, naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    i enjoy knitting i dont normaly tell people this but since im probably never gona meet any of you its ok
    My mother owns a yarn shop and would string you up (or cut off your head in honourable execution if you prefer) for saying that. BE PROUD! TELL EVERYONE!

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Azekiel

My mother owns a yarn shop and would string you up (or cut off your head in honourable execution if you prefer) for saying that. BE PROUD! TELL EVERYONE!
    i love it but i still feel weird being a guy thats why i keep it in the closet

I Love to Sew, but I forgot how.

knitting is cool, a lot of people are into it but I never got too into it, I would end up with knitted stuff everywhere.
    sometimes there's cool craft ideas on getcrafty.com, also those little crafts in the Gothic Lolita Bibles, has anyone seen? Usually home decor stuff!

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    i love it but i still feel weird being a guy thats why i keep it in the closet
    Well don't be shy or ashamed, come out of the closet. We all knew it anyways. LOL

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i tried knitting once but i suck at it oh well im much better at carpentry im gonna try to build my own guitar over the summer.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

UM. well lets see here....

i've been a carpender since i was old enough to pick up a hammer.......

i build Guitars/have built them for many local musicans,for many years now.

i build didjes wich is actually harder than just about anything,been building them well for about 2 years.

i'm pretty good with metal to, been a rodder just about forever too,built many rods...too many to remember or list......

i really wanted to get into glass blowing ,and tried it a few times but didn't have the time or funds to continue

......my favorite,most happy place in the world in in my wood shop......

does that answer your question ....

ohh,anf "KidThor" when you build that stick,feel free to ask,'cuz it's a bitch,haha....

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Not sure I would call it crafts, but I make a lot of glass, jewelry and leather pieces. As for pics, there is a decent gallery of my glass on my web site. Anyone interested can check it out.

www.awindowintoimagination.com
    I checked your work.... it's stunning. My mom work exactly with same thing... plus painting and other creative stuff.... I like it

message me if you would like to see some of her work

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    ohh,anf "KidThor" when you build that stick,feel free to ask,'cuz it's a bitch,haha....
    the only thing i think id have a problem with is the neck so i think ill probably just buy one from warmoth the first time i try it other than that ive done enough work fixing my current guitar to handle the electronics and whatnot adn im just gonna make a solid body im not gonna fool with making an archtop and laminating it

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    the only thing i think id have a problem with is the neck so i think ill probably just buy one from warmoth the first time i try it other than that ive done enough work fixing my current guitar to handle the electronics and whatnot adn im just gonna make a solid body im not gonna fool with making an archtop and laminating it
    what kind of wood?.....how about doing a top?(ie' flamed maple or the like),it's even more of a bitch ,but fuck is it sexy......

warmoth is great but they are waaayy fucking expensive.....everybody shit's about necks,but there not that bad.....it's mainly the fretboard and that you just have to be really carfull.......

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I build cars, motorcycles, costumes, sculptures, model kits, miniatures, and all kinds of random things...

what kind of wood?.....how about doing a top?(ie' flamed maple or the like),it's even more of a bitch ,but fuck is it sexy......

warmoth is great but they are waaayy fucking expensive.....everybody shit's about necks,but there not that bad.....it's mainly the fretboard and that you just have to be really carfull.......

Im probably going to use maple for the body and i dont know about a top my grandfather (who is an expert carpenter) said he would help me out in doing some sort of elaborate inlayed top plus hell probably help me with the other stuff since i use his workshop.

Im probably going to use maple for the body and i dont know about a top my grandfather (who is an expert carpenter) said he would help me out in doing some sort of elaborate inlayed top plus hell probably help me with the other stuff since i use his workshop.

haha, that funny, my grandfather taught me carpendry whe i was a kid i used to spend the whole summer 4 days a week with him,when i was like 4 to 14......

i quess that shows alot about that generation,huh..... ..

by the way, i like using mohogany for bodies,nice general wood, maple can be a bitch to shape, and i'm wierd , i don't really make plans, i'm more like a wood sculpurer that turn put a body,hahaha....

but i've gotten kinda addicted to doing tops,it'really isn't that bad,just a lotta glue/time/sanding/clamps and more clamps.........and the result is Beutiful,i hate to paint guitars solid, i kinda make it not wood anymore,less of an instrument,to me.........

haha, that funny, my grandfather taught me carpendry whe i was a kid i used to spend the whole summer 4 days a week with him,when i was like 4 to 14......

i quess that shows alot about that generation,huh..... ..

by the way, i like using mohogany for bodies,nice general wood, maple can be a bitch to shape, and i'm wierd , i don't really make plans, i'm more like a wood sculpurer that turn put a body,hahaha....

but i've gotten kinda addicted to doing tops,it'really isn't that bad,just a lotta glue/time/sanding/clamps and more clamps.........and the result is Beutiful,i hate to paint guitars solid, i kinda make it not wood anymore,less of an instrument,to me.........
    and the reason i dont want to use a top is because i want to use marble inlays (because that would be badass) and have to make a really thick heavy top to support that which would make the guitaur a bit too heavy for my taste plus the marble would alereadt make it pretty heavy

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

i'm pretty good with metal to, been a rodder just about forever too,built many rods...too many to remember or list.
    yea me too. Im a welder/ fabricator. been working on a few Mopars latelly.

Quote Originally Posted by devil13
    yea me too. Im a welder/ fabricator. been working on a few Mopars latelly.
    i love my ass an ol' 331 with about 6 damn stroms on it, tossed in a rusted ass '28sedan .... ......

sound of that ,open headered,makes me nut myself......

and the reason i dont want to use a top is because i want to use marble inlays (because that would be badass) and have to make a really thick heavy top to support that which would make the guitaur a bit too heavy for my taste plus the marble would alereadt make it pretty heavy

believe it or not , i met a guy that chiped a body out of a slab of lovely green marble,it weighed like 15 or so pounds....

i've looked for a picture for about 10min.....to no avail.....i'll find it sometime......it was fucking amazing i thought it was a joke until i saw it .....and picked the heavy basterd up.......i doubt he plays it(show piece?i'd bet)........

believe it or not , i met a guy that chiped a body out of a slab of lovely green marble,it weighed like 15 or so pounds....

i've looked for a picture for about 10min.....to no avail.....i'll find it sometime......it was fucking amazing i thought it was a joke until i saw it .....and picked the heavy basterd up.......i doubt he plays it(show piece?i'd bet)........
    wow thats fuckin awesome dont think it would sound very good though but like you said its probably a showpeice

tree sculptures.... small ones for hobby.... sorry don't have pictures wright now....

anybody ever bilt a catapult? I have some intrest in seiging gear. I think it may come in handy...

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    anybody ever bilt a catapult? I have some intrest in seiging gear. I think it may come in handy...

an old roomate of mine built a Trebushe`(i have no idead how to spell that)

it took a few weekd to build ans a few months to get it to fire forward,ha,but it was prett cool...i think it was like 15-20' at the top of the arm.....

it didn't lok hard at all to build,only thing they struggled on was the release,hence the firing problems.....

Damniel's Avatar Senior Member

I study graphic design, so i get to do a lot of crafts and drawings, whith a bunch of diferent maretials, and sometimes i canīt find the material i need so i have to improvise, besides that i sometimes modify some of my clothes, do a lot of house improvement and i like anythign it has to do with all of the avobe...

Ive built a ballista as a class project its bassically a iang crossbow that shoots 5 ft long bolts

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Who hasn't?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    Who hasn't?
    yea really, trebushes are almost a kids science project......

they really aren't hard at all, of course with greater size comes greater skill..........

Hey people, what about kinetic sculpture, i've always wanted to do that, i made a few but there very hard.....

by the way, a kenatic sculpture is one of those CRAZYILY complex mechanisms with the balls and levera and all of those......the end result is something really simple.........someplay music......i love 'em...

yeah I want one of those.

yeah I want one of those.

http://www.woodthatworks.com/IM_pages/IM_Portfolio.html

there was a room size one at AMSE a crazy meuseum i stayed at all teh time as a kid.......stood there for houd looking at that mother.....took like 10 min for one cycle.......

I'm going to make one to do my posts for me
    naw that would be too hard. who invented that?

I'm going to make one to do my posts for me
    http://www.brucegray.com/htmlfolder/...heb2movie.html

check out the videothis one is real small and simple,but make some noise....look at that price!!

i've got to make some of these..$$$..

alot of people make them , i think it started with a cartoon drawer that wanted to make one of his funny comic inventions.....i think it made his toast for him.....

when I used to play mousetrap i never actaully played the game, i'd always just srping the trap

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

i decoupage, scrapbook, collage and sew..i also love refinishing antiques and im kinda just getting into quilting...also.. my daughter and myself make novelty purses, clothing etc...

+ Reply to Thread