+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who's into crafts?

Default Re: Who's into crafts?

I do stained glass, sew, mosaics, paint, write, machine metal, weld, and maybe a few more. My wife also does most of those but better and some others.. We build our lives around art and hope to make a living out of it someday. There was a time we made clothes, jewlery, and some other things and traveled on phish tour. We made more than enough for food, gas, hotel, and catch the show. Now days we have moved on and trying to get into the fine art world and maybe make enough to pay rent etc. She has been in many art shows and starting to become a reconized artist. Not enough for her to go full time yet but getting there.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

With all the talented folks here...the boards could throw one hell of an arts and crafts fair...of SPOOKY DOOM!!!!!

On a serious note...take pictures of the stuff you guys craft...it'd make a good thread...a lil gallery of sorts.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

i am working on wood carving(more ingraving rather then whittling) but school time leaves me limited... although i have a very high artistic nature my bigest problem is i can never be as exact as i envision... so as i finsih school i will just get into cnc programming and leave the art in the design side and let the tech build the product... (which i know some people don't dig but i still feel satisfied by it for me it is just seeing the finished product rather then how i accomplished it)

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    With all the talented folks here...the boards could throw one hell of an arts and crafts fair...of SPOOKY DOOM!!!!!

On a serious note...take pictures of the stuff you guys craft...it'd make a good thread...a lil gallery of sorts.
    Good idea on both counts

There is this cool craft fair they did last year in DC called Crafty Bastards.. hopefulyl I can sell some stuff at that if they do it again next fall

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Not sure I would call it crafts, but I make a lot of glass, jewelry and leather pieces. As for pics, there is a decent gallery of my glass on my web site. Anyone interested can check it out.

www.awindowintoimagination.com
    Sterling work on those windows, they look wicked!

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire

i could knit a sweater of doom

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

wow people who make neat shit, all I made is a bondage bedsheet out of chainmail ,

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

sometimes i sew crazy clothes, or add creative touches to clothes i buy. i used to make candy bracelets when i was hardcore into raving hehe... but yah id consider myself pretty crafty, now that i think about it im always doing crafty things...

+ Reply to Thread