+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gothic & Lolita Bible

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Gothic & Lolita Bible

Any fans of this Japanese Fashion Mag? I've always loved it from a design perspective since the outfits always looked like hyper cool costumes more than actual outfits people would wear other than to some sort of club event. They are quite amazing in terms of the detail the outfits go into...wouldn't call it so much daring as created to within an inch of stylized perfection. I keep em on my shelf for character design inpirations...but have yet to see anyone really try to emulate it here in the states...though I could be off given my club days are in hibernation at the moment.

For those who have seen the mag...what are your thoughts and impressions on it? Over-produced? too stylized? dead on?

Default Re: Gothic & Lolita Bible

any links or pics?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Just google the name.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

My girlfriend (who you guys know as Ichigo) is huge a fan she has a bunch of the mags and a few gothic lolita outfits im shure shed love to tell you all about it next time she signs on. and yes i like the mag too it has some very pretty photos.

BTW shes wears the outfits all the time and even to clubs sometimes. Ill ask her to post pics. I have some but i wont post them without her permission.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Really now? Excellent. Oddly enough she's what caused me to post this topic in the first place...her avatar kept reminding me about the mag.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    My girlfriend (who you guys know as Ichigo) is huge a fan she has a bunch of the mags and a few gothic lolita outfits im shure shed love to tell you all about it next time she signs on. and yes i like the mag too it has some very pretty photos.

BTW shes wears the outfits all the time and even to clubs sometimes. Ill ask her to post pics. I have some but i wont post them without her permission.
    well,hot damn,haha, i didn't know that,how cool.......

i'd like to see those ,i don't really know much about it.......

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

for anyone who wants to see what the fashion heres a link to Atelier Boz which is one of the Japaneese companies who makes gothic lolita clothing http://www.boz.ne.jp/ (this site is partly in Japanese but has lots of pictures)

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

wow, that's pretty damn sexy, in some way i can't quite describe,haha....

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Beautiful clothes...love the lines on it.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Some people can't pull the look off very well. But those who can are awesome. The style is unique and slick, and I admit a fasination with it.

Ichigo's Avatar Senior Member

www.avantgauche.co.uk has lots of scans from the gothic lolita bibles, as well as links to clothing stores that sell G&L stuff from Western and Japanese countries.

Oh, and here's two pictures of me dressed gothic lolita:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v288/f...nt=elegant.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v288/f...t=17165621.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    www.avantgauche.co.uk has lots of scans from the gothic lolita bibles, as well as links to clothing stores that sell G&L stuff from Western and Japanese countries.

Oh, and here's two pictures of me dressed gothic lolita:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v288/f...nt=elegant.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v288/f...t=17165621.jpg
    Quite Yummy Pics of you. :rryumy

I love these, I have about four of them that I got at Atomic Books

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I love the J-Rock mags. The Gothic Lolita stuff looks cute, but I'm kinda into the older rock'n type stuff.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Kidthorazine is a lucky guy. You can certainly pull off the look, and very well. Thx for the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Kidthorazine is a lucky guy. You can certainly pull off the look, and very well. Thx for the pics.
    Thank you

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

seems a tad silly to me. but then again I wear kids clothes, so I guess I don't have much of a fashion sense.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Absolutely the best mag ever! Every time I go down to Little Tokyo I spend like $30 on back issues. Granted I'm not all that fluent in the written Japanese but the clothing patterns are way nifty and th emake up tips are pretty self explainatory. That and the chicks are hot.
    K

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Absolutely the best mag ever! Every time I go down to Little Tokyo I spend like $30 on back issues. Granted I'm not all that fluent in the written Japanese but the clothing patterns are way nifty and th emake up tips are pretty self explainatory. That and the chicks are hot.
    K
    Yeah I find that I can pick up on a lot of things without knowing the language. Plus, there's always the random words in English.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

K
    What places are you getting the back issues at? Most places I'm running into want $20 each.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    What places are you getting the back issues at? Most places I'm running into want $20 each.
    A book store in Little Tokyo in the shopping center on third street. They're like $18 a pop so I guess I spend more like $40 on 'em. I can't wait till Saturday, my first trip in months!
    K
    K

Hula Hoop Supervisor

A book store in Little Tokyo in the shopping center on third street. They're like $18 a pop so I guess I spend more like $40 on 'em. I can't wait till Saturday, my first trip in months!
    K
    K
    Ah ok, I know it. That's where I head to buy a few hard to find items...main place I get my Manga too. Though the prime reason I go there is for food, oddly enough I'll be there myself this weekend for lunch and to see if the local Anime shop has anything cool.

erm does anyone no where i could buy/get an issue shipped to england? i love EGL, and there is a fantastic article on www.morbidoutlook.com under fashion

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by ashtray_heart
    erm does anyone no where i could buy/get an issue shipped to england? i love EGL, and there is a fantastic article on www.morbidoutlook.com under fashion
    Usually people get them either at Japanese bookstores and shops that heavily import things...or...through various sites. Just do a google search and see what sites you find that carry them. It's a bit of pain I know but the good news is you WILL find one...just a matter of doing the leg work.

Projectthomas's Avatar Junior Member

Do you guys know about Harajuku station and how all the little Goths and cosplayers of Japan go there to be seen. If you read Gothic & Lolita Bible alot of the pictures are taken there. But I want to know if anyone knows about an American version of Harajuku station. I mean the only places I’ve seen that come close to Harajuku are the malls, anyone with a hot topic anyway, and the goth night club I go to from time to time. So I’m wondering if I’m not looking hard enough or do we as Americans just not have one. And if we don’t why and where would be a good place for one, and would anyone go. I mean it would be kinda cool to have place where the little American goth kids could show off. Any ideas, thoughts, options.

Later
    T

I wish i had some of those! i used to go to this site that hav 1-9 scanned online. it shouldnt be too hard to find but i dont think its updated anymore.you know, i dont think any american designers have really done it right.I really need to learn Japanese.and get my sewing machine fixed.

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

My friend had a whole shelf full of those thhings, they were so pretty. I want to be as pretty as Mana some day ><

Projectthomas's Avatar Junior Member

Mana may be the cutes man ever. Having sex wtih him wouldn't even make me gay, that's how cute he is.

scabre's Avatar Senior Member
    oh.. im from leeds, (up north in the uk to be precise!)

i have all the scans on my comp.. i like it.
    i have a lot of lolita gear tho! im a huggggge fan

+ Reply to Thread