+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has anyone tried out one of these yet? (Gun Question)

Dark Z's Avatar Anime or Guns? Hmmm......

Default Has anyone tried out one of these yet? (Gun Question)

I know that there seems to be some decent gun fans here, and I was just wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to try out one of these?

It's Bushmaster's Carbon 15 Type 21S Pistol. Basicly it's an M-16 reciever with no stock, and a 7 inch barrel. And it shoots the full 5.56mm rifle round.

The big question I have is: If anyone's tried it, what's the recoil like? I know the full M-16 (ar-15) has hardly any recoil, but those have all the additional weight to help by adding inertia to the gun.

(They're semi-auto only, and civilian-legal in most states)

(Oh yeah, and they have one without the front grip for that "Han Solo's Blaster" look)

Actually, Now I also want to know if these things can handle tracer rounds. It would be awesome to see glowing tracers coming out of that second one.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: Has anyone tried out one of these yet? (Gun Question)

Nope i cant say i really want too either but i can imagine a small gun shooting a cartidge like that woiuld probably kick quite a bit id rather shoot a desert eagle or somehing. and the one without the front grip looks really unbalaced and really hard to shoot.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

hm...this is probably a stupid question but what is tracer ammo for? I just watched platoon again so i know what it looks like. Is it just so you can see where you are firing, in which case why would you be firing at something you couldn't see in the first place? I'm sure this is really obvious but hey, i dont know much about guns.

Platoon was cool though!

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by 23*
    hm...this is probably a stupid question but what is tracer ammo for? I just watched platoon again so i know what it looks like. Is it just so you can see where you are firing, in which case why would you be firing at something you couldn't see in the first place? I'm sure this is really obvious but hey, i dont know much about guns.

Platoon was cool though!
    tracers are soo you can see your path of fire it helps ensure your accuracy. You really need it if you are firing a fully automatic weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by 23*

Platoon was cool though!
    tracers are usually used in high-rate-of-fire machineguns like the SAW, M-2, or the 20MM Chaingun. they allow you to adjust your fire as necessary as optical sights don't usually allow for long distance curvature of the earth and wind resistance.

But in a rifle, they are primarily used for three reasons

1. Training Purposes
    2. Directing fire upon a single target

and

3 (my reason)...... Because they look cool at night (In jurisdictions where tracers aren't illegal to shoot off)

Pretty fierce. It looks like it would kick quite a bit.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i know what i want for christmas

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Had the opportunity to burn a mag (30) of .223 and it felt like nothing. No recoil to speak of with the compensator on the barrel. Have not shot any 5.56 threw it, so I can't give you any report on that. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Had the opportunity to burn a mag (30) of .223 and it felt like nothing. No recoil to speak of with the compensator on the barrel. Have not shot any 5.56 threw it, so I can't give you any report on that. sorry.
    Excellent.

(there isn't really any difference between .223 remington and Mil-spec 5.56... well... it's easier to find Military surplus "Specialty ammo" when searching under 5.56, but it's the same calliber, and usually the same amount of grains.)

+ Reply to Thread