+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Acid Pro 5.0?......

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Acid Pro 5.0?......

well, i've been trying the home recording stuff for a while(thanks in part to Kid Thor.and many other non-BBers)..basically becuse i can't afford studio time anymore,and haven't been able to for awhile.....

i just got a copy of Acid Pro 5.0.....it's a bit confusing ,espeacially since i'm about as good with computers as your resident Pinguin,ha!...

does anybody here use it,have used it ,had a friend use it ,...anything,any tips or reviews ,whatever..........

Default Re: Acid Pro 5.0?......

ohh, and i've found a copy of Cubase that's like 2 gig, that seems A WHOLE lot more than mine?........

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

acid....hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by 23*
    acid....hmmm...
    we're on the same wavelenth..eh,haha........

I got another Reason to live... (third version) 3cd's kinda big for net, but msg me anyway if you have good connection

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    I got another Reason to live... (third version) 3cd's kinda big for net, but msg me anyway if you have good connection

yea i think that's what i'm downloading right now,S. cubase 3.0,dvdrip,or something like that it's aa bit over 2gig.....

ohh,and the message stuff isn't working......

well... that's cubase...
    "this is Reason 3.0" as I said another reason to live

try to find that too

well... that's cubase...
    "this is Reason 3.0" as I said another reason to live

try to find that too
    ohh,that's what the program's called,well shit.......

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Well I sure didn't think this thread was gonna be about music. Damn.

Honestly all i want is a program that will let me put like ,um....say 5 different files together to play one song ,maybe a few effects.....
    it's gotta record of the pc(ofcourse)

and i have to get my drum programing in it somehow,unless it's got a drum machine......

ANY SUGGESTIONS?......

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Well I sure didn't think this thread was gonna be about music. Damn.
    yea,yea.......well that acid is making a come back soo whait a bit longer,shit i'm gonna cry when it makes it way down here.....

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    Honestly all i want is a program that will let me put like ,um....say 5 different files together to play one song ,maybe a few effects.....
    it's gotta record of the pc(ofcourse)

and i have to get my drum programing in it somehow,unless it's got a drum machine......

ANY SUGGESTIONS?......
    that's acid if you allready have done samples.... cubase is more professional... but acid can make it done almost in same quality... depends on you.... try Ableton Live... sequencer and every other VST instrument that you load into....

my suggestion.... acid for you...

that's acid if you allready have done samples.... cubase is more professional... but acid can make it done almost in same quality... depends on you.... try Ableton Live... sequencer and every other VST instrument that you load into....

my suggestion.... acid for you...

yea ,i got the Full version of Acid 5.0,but i have NO idea how to use it...

your saying i can record on it ,add multiple sound files to make one track(think a stacked thing of files,but all are one track)........

so far it seems to be a beat thing......

god created F1 !

god created F1 !
    huh?........

F1 on keyboard........ press F1 for help.... then learn

you -><- me "learn bastard, learnnnnn"

Quote Originally Posted by Olix
    F1 on keyboard........ press F1 for help.... then learn

you -><- me "learn bastard, learnnnnn"

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat

i'm about as good with computers as your resident Pinguin,ha!...

haha ,yea i've been reading......,damn computer lingo...........

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

I dont like Acid I say use cubase its a lot easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    I dont like Acid I say use cubase its a lot easier to use.
    yea it's kind a bitch,i could never get that copy from you working,i got another and it was pretty bad too.....i'm just doin' some drumm programming now,i'm about drained from the PC shit today.....

i wen tthrough acid 5.0 for the last couple hours and still haven't figered it out.......

i got a copy of Cubase sx3.0 downloading now,it's like 2 gig,waaayy bigger than that other one?..........Figure i might as well try it.....

wierd that one i sent you the link too is the one i use and after i unzipped everything i didnt have a problem making it work

it kept saying i need this file,blah,blah......every time,with every one...?......

maybe i just fucked up,but i did get all the Craking and code/key stuff with the Acid.....who knows.....

I thought acid is a loop mixing program? Select a couple sampled loops and put them together, adjust the timing, make cool beats. I played with it ages ago, lots of fun and even made some good music. the Program should come with a whole collection of samples.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

There was this wicked demo on an old mac addict disk I had it was called EZ pro I think I will go back and check. I really liked it becasue you had numerous options to write songs. for instance you could use a threat board for bass and guitar and also you could write it in sheet music if you undertsand that stuff, you could also control beats per bar and bpm's as well. some of the sounds were awesome but others were a real let down. I loved how i could take gun shots and turn them into drum beats. I like haevy electric industrial stuff like Terrofakt Error and CC, KMFDM. I could take helicopter blades and arrange them to create notes and beats and rythms. It was alot of fun I was way behind in mac technology for along time and am cuaght up a little. I dunno if there is an update for Mac 10.2 or 10.3. I also dunno if the have it for PC. another ewason I liked it is I play bass so I could write bass lines and the say how would it sound as gun shots? people clapping? swords clashing? I don't really like standard instruments for this stuff, isn't industrial mean industrial sounds? I only ever got to use the demo but what the demo offered was overwhelming. I will go through mymac addict cd's and see who made it and what not for you.

oh yeah thats pretty much what your supposed to do with it Sonys multitrack studio is called Sound Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    oh yeah thats pretty much what your supposed to do with it Sonys multitrack studio is called Sound Forge
    not realy.... that more sounds like some kind of Tracker to me....

you guys should try Sibellius (or sibeLius) professional program for composition... new version got a whole 2GB of samples with all orchestra instruments put together... guy that did (and is still working) The Simpsones music used that one for composition
    well... try it if you ever plan to study music school

Honestly.. Acid is a pretty horrible program unless you are downloading loops. It's pretty easy to use but only to really make techno style musick. I use a lot of Native Instruments (Absynth 1 & 2, Reaktor, Vokator etc) and Sonar 3. With sonar (cakewalk product) its essentially the same thing as acid..but a LOT better. It wont distort your loops (if thats what you use) it supports live recordings and has editing software with it. A good place to go for some ideas of better musick software is the hitsquad website

yeah i like sonar a bit better (i have like every recording and loop program known to man on my comp except reason because i cant get it to work) Native Instruments makes good stuff but i need to get a new MIDI controller

what about Ableton live + reason + FL studio + many others VSTi that you can name, and all that ReWired in Nuendo 3.... that's software studio setup I use for my music.... anyone else fancy this kind of style... software but cheap

what about Ableton live + reason + FL studio + many others VSTi that you can name, and all that ReWired in Nuendo 3.... that's software studio setup I use for my music.... anyone else fancy this kind of style... software but cheap
    fuck... I feel like a geek now....

I use fruity loops+cubase+a crapload of VST plugins including a bunch of really good native instruments ones and sometimes i use sonar

+ Reply to Thread