+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What are some of your childhood fears?

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default What are some of your childhood fears?

I'm not sure if theres already a topic of this somewhere...so sorry if there is.

When I was around 9 I thought there was a man outside my window with a bomb, and that he was getting ready to detonate it. So I hid under my covers, and slept with the light on.

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

Default Re: What are some of your childhood fears?

allways had a fear of someone breaking through the bathroom window while I was on the toilet

After a brief, but intense, visit to an insane hillbilly church I was terrified of angels for a while.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

My brother told me that grandpa would eat me if I was bad. Everytime we went to my grandparents house I would scream bloody murder and my mom just though I was nutz.

SPIDERS

I was afraid of really old wrinkly people...They looked like the walking dead to me...I hated going to my Great Grandmas house...She was 95 and extremly wrinkly and looked dead when she slept...

I was afraid of dark but never from ghost's. I actualy wanted to meet one so I could talk to it, ask him how is it to be one and stuff.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

oh man i was afraid of everything haha. i used to sleep with my covers over my head because i didn't want to see any ghosts...i would jump onto my bed when getting into bed at night so that nobody could grab my ankles from under the bed... i was scared aliens would come and abduct me... i was scared that if my window was opened that a ghost would appear like i had seen in one of those "unsolved mysteries" shows....i always had to check my closet and shut it...i had to sleep with a light on...mirrors used to scare me because i thought bloody mary was going to come out of them...

OMG writing this list, i was a paranoid freak child! haha i still sleep with my light on....

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

dogs, skunks, and the foxes that live at the end of my bed where the blankets go over the edge and underneath the mattress

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Vampires in the closet. Go figure.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by bre.star
    i was scared aliens would come and abduct me...
    I was scared of that too, but I used to love watching shows about UFO's and what not. And when I went to bed, I was scared that they would do that... so I slept with my light on.

I was never scared of anything coming out of my closet, because I've never had one.

i always used to think there was a murderer in my bedroom, and if i hid under the covers for long enough he wouldnt notice me...i used to lay there petrified for hours

Hula Hoop Supervisor

The undead coming to take my nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    The undead coming to take my nintendo.

Spiders(still a hefty one), beedy-eyed Jim Henson puppets (ooh, and Fragles, any1 remember those guys?), Ventriliquist Dummies. You..

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

i was scared of a tall guy with a big axe and an insane grin who used to pop up in my dreams from time to time, but then i decided he was there to keep the bad things away and he had to look extra scary to scare them.

i used to love fraggle rock when i was a kid, but hardly remember it now. i also loved Vicky the Viking but noone else remembers it :'(

When I was little, I had the same recurring dream for months. I wrote it down in a cute journal that I found today. It was apparently a scary dream. Something about sharks in a swimming pool, running from someone you can't see, sticking my feet in a pot of sand while a hand comes out of it to grab me, and then running on traintracks to get away from a train which eventually hits me anyway into a brick wall.

Scary stuff.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    that thing scared the shit out of me when I was a kid.
    I would watch horror movies when I was about 6. I remember seeing the shining and having nightmares about it for years.

That fucking voodoo doll from Trilogy of terror scared the shit out of me when I watched it at a friend's house after school. It was on TV, and I was so freaked out about it. But when I look at it now, it's so totally stupid. But to me, at the time, it was scary shit. Damn little voodoo doll with a knife coming at you from under the couch and shit...

I was never really scared of anything but I would always dream of lying on the beach paralysed from the neck down but fully aware and looking around. The tide would slowly come in. Almost to slowly to notice, first I would feel the cold touch of the water. The water would just rise and rise until.... Drowning wasn't scary it was the anticipation.

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

I was always afraid the vent pipe on our hotwater tank was going to fall off and the house was going to blow up, thanx to what my father told me... Now I know the house would never have blown up but, we could have died from CO2 poisoning... lol, go figure...

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

zombies. still are scare dof them too. I know now its not the concept of the dead coming back to life to eat the lving that scares me about them...it's the subliminal concept of forced conformity. you cant run form it, youll never win against it, you cant hide forever and it will eventually take you with it. thats wqhy Im dedicating the whole right side of my body to nothing but zombie flash I'll be gradually drawing out and getting inked./right hand path-fear./left hand path-power. Ill shut up now. lol

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    That fucking voodoo doll from Trilogy of terror scared the shit out of me when I watched it at a friend's house after school. It was on TV, and I was so freaked out about it. But when I look at it now, it's so totally stupid. But to me, at the time, it was scary shit. Damn little voodoo doll with a knife coming at you from under the couch and shit...
    the tarman from return of the living dead does that to me

oh yeah, and i was scared of the boiler - it had this bright red padded lagging that i though would eat me when i was asleep...

Believe it or not, the only movies to have any lingering effects on me were Arachnaphobia (to further reinforce why I hate spiders), and Ernest Scared Stupid. The idea of rolling over in bed, and staring into the pitiless eyes of a child-eating troll probably cracked something in my head. I still get creeped out some nights.

aw man, i love spiders. the only creatures i'm actually phobic about are wasps. i love bees (used to make my own honey )and scorpions and snakes and lizards, but wasps freak me right out. i scream and run like a child.

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

Drowning. Considering I almost drowned twice...it scares me.
    A did a past life regression once and the medium said my last life I died by drowning..so that would make sense.

Ahh look what I found. you can buy it HERE

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Drowning. I was born in San Diego and spent a lot of summers in Hawaii at my Grandparent's house. One day I was taken by the undertow while bodysurfing the Bonsai Pipeline. For just a few seconds, I thought it was over. Finally, I was somehow able to push up to the surface (had been carried a good 100 yards) The Pearl Harbor memorial and attempts to conceptualize flying over the Pacific Ocean would cause the same fear. To some extent, I got over it when I reached the surface at Pipeline.

OEC

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Quote Originally Posted by devil13
    If I bought that, I'd be scared it would come to life.

I was afraid of The Blob (watched the movie), poltergeists (from the movies), people breaking into the house, having a heart attack (because my 4th grade teacher told me kids could have heart attacks), tornados, giant spiders (still scared of 'em) and of monsters under my bed...

Quote Originally Posted by devil13

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Runs and hides)

Quote Originally Posted by pagan
    I would always dream of lying on the beach paralysed from the neck down but fully aware and looking around. The tide would slowly come in. Almost to slowly to notice, first I would feel the cold touch of the water. The water would just rise and rise until.... Drowning wasn't scary it was the anticipation.
    that was in creepshow. If you can hold your breath for a long time.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

I'm totally afraid of being in water that I can't see the bottom of...

when I was little my dad took me in a boat across a lake that used to be a town...there were steeples of churches and tops of houses sticking out....for some reson I got the idea that they flooded the town while there were people living in it, and I was afraid they were gonna reach out and get me....I guess it traumatized me, cause still to this day its the scariest thing ever

+ Reply to Thread