+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oz fans riot over Jada

and your little dog too

Default Oz fans riot over Jada

from the sun

By SIMON ROTHSTEIN
    Sun Online

OZZY OSBOURNE has upset heavy metal fans by adding Jada Pinkett Smith's band Wicked Wisdom to the line-up for the 2005 Ozzfest.

The pop/rock group, said to a favourite of Ozzy's wife Sharon, have been announced for the second stage of the touring music festival - prompting fans to deluge the Ozzfest website with hate mail.

One upset devotee wrote "RIP Ozzfest" after hearing the news, while another threatened that Will Smith’s wife's group would be "pelted by every loose object on the Ozzfest grounds".

Another, even more sinister, message warned: "This is going to cause a f**king riot. Bring your steel-toed boots!"

Ozzfest 2005 kicks off in Mansfield, Massachusetts, on 15 July, and features Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Rob Zombie and Velvet Revolver.

Wicked Wisdom have previously supported Britney Spears and Papa Roach.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: Oz fans riot over Jada

fuck ozzfest,anyways.......they haven't been anything but media driven shit bands for years.........

i guess ozzfest is gonna get jiggy wit it

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

wow... and remember kids in not just the second stage anymore its the Hot Topic second stage at least according to the website but im still going to see BLS, Maiden, and Black Sabbath. Actually i kind of like Rob Zombie too but his show might not have as much cool shit because hes only doing second stage asnd that Wicked Wisdom band is playing real early in the morning from what it looks like so ill still be parking

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

the only plus side to going last year was ozzy called in sick and i got to see rob halferd (after playing a kick ass set with priest) come up and sing with sabbath... that was insanely kool probably never happen again experience.

That sucks... Although she get treated like shit and play in front of an empty stage I imagine she'll get the message.
    I'm still going though, I love festivals and there are way too few of them worth seeing these days that tour through my area.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Man Fuck ozzfest with a rusty nail!! This is truly a new fucking low.

hey they had crazy train one year

Nuada_Airgetlam's Avatar Just A Wolf

well hey sometimes you make mistakes.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

"Wicked Wisdom have previously supported Britney Spears and Papa Roach"

And they are wondering WHY the fans are pissed? What's next...adding Franz Ferdinand?

Can't say I'm a huge Ozzfest fan but one always runs a danger of royally fucking things up when you mix bands into a venue like this that have a history of being less than appealing to your target crowd.

Though on the other end...let em play...if they suck then boo them...if they don't...well then what do you lose out on? Fans need to be a bit more in control of how they react to news like this...it's what makes venues like this get old fast when organizers fear they have to "stay within the lines".

Catch 22 almost eh?

Nuada_Airgetlam's Avatar Just A Wolf

^what he said.

+ Reply to Thread