+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In The Stereo

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default In The Stereo

So what's everyone listening to at the moment? Any good recommendations? Any dissapointments? Anything currently stuck in your head that you gotta bang your head against the wall to find a moments peace?

Default Re: In The Stereo

Well right now where I am at in my house we have a 50 disc changer but the radio is on and I am currently listening to Howard Stern. Not sure what I have in the cd changer upstairs but in the cd changer in my room I currently have 5 discs in and they are Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Nas, Sade, and a group that I am associated with

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Tom Waits-Night Hawks at the Diner......awesome cd my fav. waits cd

Tom Waits-the Heart of Saturday Night....it'll grow on you real quick....not as good as ^^

Rock City Morgue-Dead Man's Song....awesome dark themed punk rock,there really good....

the song of the same name^ was stuck in my head for a good week ,and i loved it......

CHIMAIRA!

Last weekend I bought the CD by Clockcleaner, as well as the new Kylesa record.
    My friend (McCarthyism records) just put out a great new 7" by Flowers In The Attic.
    I don't think anyone here is into the stuff I like.

Oooh also this weekend Eyehategod, Triac and Flowers In The Attic are playing. I'm stoked

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Old School Coal Chamber

Always listening to Skinny Puppy..
    just bought tribute to sisters or mercy
    black tape for a blue girl scarecrow 5 song single
    :wumpscut: wreath of barbs & embryodead

my friend just rented that play-boy mansion game for xbox..they have industrial musick on there to listen to!

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

right now im listening to this compilation boxed set called No Thanks: the 70s punk rebellion its quite baddass.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Yard Trauma... i couldnt reach my Damned CD and Damn im lazy right now.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

John Lee Hooker-The best of friends.........

it's his new alblum with all his best colabo.s in it....it's great.......

Blues,BABY,Blues........

Infected Mushroom & Otep...(mix cd)

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I'm trying to kill off my TV in the background as I work (I can't stand dead silence) so I've kept the following in rotation...a few I added just today.

Gorillaz - Demon Days - Not too bad of a sophomore effort. It's a much more low key and darker album then the last one. I'm a fan of nearly all the artists involved with this fun project and hope it's a sign of things to come. The band members (animated ones in this case) also have a diffrent look them...like the album it's low key...but noticeable. Well worth the wait.

System of A Down - Mezmerize - I've never been a big fan by any means but the single off it was catchy and the album is pretty damned entertaining. It's the kind of album KMFDM could learn from after their laughable WWIII (politicaly charged albums should not make you laugh till you pee, it did have catchy tunes though).

Black Eyed Peas - Monkey Business - Fucking brilliant. It has a sense of humor hip hop, pop, and nearly every other genre they touch on has forgotten. It makes you smile and is easy to dive in and enjoy. One track that reminds one of the old skool hip hop tracks that were part silly and part slick is My Humps...wish more artists had fun like this group does. If you're a fan...it's like a hyper mix of the last two albums infused with some more over the top flavor. It's a joy to the ears...very surprised about it.

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Shahen-Shah - The legendary qawwali singer may be an aquired taste for some but of all his albums this one has the best feel. It's hard not to be hypnotized by it's arrangements, sounds, and intesity. Sure I understand zero of the words but damned if the opening 11:04 long track is not infectious. I've bought other albums of his since then...but this is the one I keep coming back too. Worth checking out if you're in the marker for something diffrent.

A friend of mine sent me Robert Plant's "Another Tribe" off of his new album Mighty Rearranger and damned if it's not really really good. I still have yet to listen to the entire album since this song sort of has me by the throat at the moment. It's been another surprise that I was not expecting even after the buzz that this album was generating...I tend to ignore that kind of stuff out of fear of dissapointment. If you're a fan you probably already have the album but if you've been wondering if he has anything left in him after all these years...well...it seems he does. Worth listening too.

There's other tracks in my current playlist but that's the majority of it...I'll change it up next week but for now I'm quite content.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

seeing as I gave up almost all my cds back when i was gonna get married...I have so little to chose from so I mostly listen to nin...right now playing the new album....got the dvd version of it so i can play it in the dvd player and watch the hand that feeds video too. pimp!

Escalot's Avatar Member
    Third star to the left, and on til morning...

Mezmerize, most notably Old School Hollywood... so glad we get to hear more of Malakian...

Dead Kennedy's, and, of course, Jack Off Jill...

Anyone here going to see SOAD this week? - If so, i hate you, you lucky, lucky bastards

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

been listening to alot of celtic music lately for some reason, the rankin family and irish decendants

got mari's wedding stuck in my head

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Arch Enemy - Stigmata. I fuckin' love this CD. Its great.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Kittie, Children Of Bodom, and alittle Rasputina

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Ble Meanies--Full Throtle
    Chromeo--Shes In Control
    Deathcab For Cutie--Transatlantism

those are the 3 cds in my stereo im feeling like expanding my musical tastes lately lol

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Right now I'm listening to SmoothBeats.com on Shoutcast/WinAmp:

...Why every Indian wanna be the chief?
    Feed a man 'til he full and he still want beef
    Give me grief, try to tief off my piece
    Why for you to increase, I must decrease?
    If I treat you kindly, does it mean that I'm weak?
    You hear me speak and think I won't take it to the streets
    I know enough cats that don't turn the other cheek...

(Although, they just switched over to their 'In The Lab' show, which is way too chil for my taste.)

tonight will be slipknot's subliminal verses disc one and two. goll, I love circuit city! they have all these special edition cd's for like 14 bucks and don't even act like they know it! pimp! wish they had some lords though.

Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Shahen-Shah - The legendary qawwali singer may be an aquired taste for some but of all his albums this one has the best feel. It's hard not to be hypnotized by it's arrangements, sounds, and intesity. Sure I understand zero of the words but damned if the opening 11:04 long track is not infectious. I've bought other albums of his since then...but this is the one I keep coming back too. Worth checking out if you're in the marker for something diffrent.

actually this is quite useful to me, i appreciate your opinion. I have been interested in him ever since the track off Natural Born Killers (I know its kind of an inappropriate introduction) and his work with Peter Gabriel but i've been undecided as to which CD to buy....i guess i'll check this one out.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Not an innapropriate way at all really. I think most of us were introduced to him from that soundtrack. I'd long forgotten that track and ran into him again while doing searches on world music. I wanted something diffrent and that's what I got. His other albums get higher praise than the one I mentioned but to me it has two beautiful tracks that simply stunning. The opening track has him using his voice in such a mesmerizing way you kinda just fall into the track...I love that feeling.

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Escalot
    Mezmerize, most notably Old School Hollywood... so glad we get to hear more of Malakian...

Dead Kennedy's, and, of course, Jack Off Jill...

Anyone here going to see SOAD this week? - If so, i hate you, you lucky, lucky bastards

was meant to be at afestival this weekend my tickets havent come throgh yet though getting pissed off and annoyed rigt now no one buy off lastmiunte.com ever you have been warned

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Right now.. BalSagoth

but I was thinking of making a mix cd with sonic youth, husker du, and good clean fun.

marilyn manson or the clash's london calling....I cant decide. in one of those moods tonight. could go either way

I've been listening to the Scissor Sisters a lot lately.

I love their cover of take your momma out! that video trips me the fuck out.

+ Reply to Thread