+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is a Good Price for Tattoos?

Default What is a Good Price for Tattoos?

I want to get Tattoos eventually, but I was wondering what a good price would be for a tattoos, what types of ink,styles ,etc.

Any suggestions?

Please keep in mind that it will probably be a while before I actually get a Tatoo though.

The main reasons being:

A:Money
    B:Not sure what tatoos I want yet.
    C:Not sure where I want to get the Tattoos Tatooed onto.

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

Default Re: What is a Good Price for Tattoos?

I'm not sure, since I've got 90% of my tats when I was drunk, I can't even remember if I paid for them. I felt like posting, anyway

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Never go bargin hunting for tattoo's.

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

Once you decide on a design, since it is going to be your first, wait a year to be certain you truly want it. Depending upon the size, most tattoo artist charge roughly $50/hour of work recquired with a $40 minimum (around here at least). Ask to see a portfolio of previous work just to make sure they are not a fuck up.

First of all, don't focus on price. This thing is going to be on your body forever, so you want it to be quality work. Find an artist whoose work you admire. Search the shops in your area and look at the artist portfolios. Don't feel embarrassed to ask a lot of questions.
    I took three years to get my tattoo. Don't rush it and don't settle for something that isn't going to be exactly what you want.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Well, when I got my tattoo I knew what I was going to get 2 years before I actually got it. Then I asked around, quality-wise. When I got an overwhelming response for the person, I called and asked her questions about the procedure, pricing, size, sterility, etc. Finally, I just went and did it, and I still like it, 4 years later. Now I am mulling over another design, and have a nice parlor/studio in mind as well.

Don't rush it. Unless you're completely spontaneous, you make great decisions while drunk, and/or could care less what you end up with when you're sober, don't do it if you're inebriated.

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

Design your own or have someone design what you want. Don't get it out of a book. Make it original. Plus if you walk into the place to ask questions and they make you feel stupid, leave, they're idiots and they're going to mess up your ink. I have three currently but plan on starting a sleeve soon.

Also the tattoo artist I have dealt with the price goes up with the more intricate the inking you have done....Plain colors not too bad but when you get into shading the price goes up a lil...If you finally find one you like and are confident you will be happy with it for the rest of your life...Get outline done first...Then decide on shading and coloring...Play with it and make it look like you want ...Dont settle for anything....

Tattoos are art just like any other..Make a statement with your tat...be original..

If you truly want to be original commision an artist to come up with a good pic...Thats what I did with my first tat...And after all its still my most favorite....

This was the base drawing...The guy that did my ink work did some more shading so it looks a little different...
    The guy that does my tats learned the art in prison and has perfected it now that he is out...He does exelent work...
    What do you think about my tat??

wait until you find something that really speaks to you and save up for good work

Quote Originally Posted by -=Asmodeus=-
    If you truly want to be original commision an artist to come up with a good pic...Thats what I did with my first tat...And after all its still my most favorite....

This was the base drawing...The guy that did my ink work did some more shading so it looks a little different...
    The guy that does my tats learned the art in prison and has perfected it now that he is out...He does exelent work...
    What do you think about my tat??
    That is Way Awesome!

+ Reply to Thread