+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which is better?

Default Which is better?

Doctors, Lawyers, or Phramacists?

Which Career Is More Fun, And Profitable?

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Default Re: Which is better?

Doctors ( practicing medicine still can't get it right )
    Lawyers ( cant trust them to know right from wrong untill someone buys their opinion)
    Pharamacists ( over worked pill pushers who don't like to share )

my choice...Indian Chief

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

i had a friend that was /is a phama. ...we met on a ride,and i was like "holy shit,man your my pharmacist!!..."

turns out he's got like 3 rods,and a few dumb looking bikes,but he's a cool guy.........

he gets paid....ALOT....he runs his own separate pharmacy IN the hospital..so everybody obviosly goes to him....(did i mention he's a smart buisness man,haha)......

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

it's kinda different over here because of the NHS, but i used to work at a chemists and i remember the locums got paid shitloads, and my boss opened a couple of different practices and sent his kids to private schools. so there is money in it.

if you're a chemist you don't have to worry about being woken up/forced to work in the middle of the night too. that's gotta be an advantage.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

also you dont need to go to college for nearly as long to be a pharmacist

Quote Originally Posted by vixta
    it's kinda different over here because of the NHS, but i used to work at a chemists and i remember the locums got paid shitloads, and my boss opened a couple of different practices and sent his kids to private schools. so there is money in it.

if you're a chemist you don't have to worry about being woken up/forced to work in the middle of the night too. that's gotta be an advantage.
    Well My Major is Currently Pharmacy, sort of. I was asking, since I wanted to make sure about that.

Btw Vixta, I havent talked to you in Months! I missed you alot!

Btw, is that room mate offer still available, after I get money for a passport and ticket?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    also you dont need to go to college for nearly as long to be a pharmacist
    Dunno about you but that worries me.

plus the advantages of learning all those drug mixing techniques - you'd have some pretty impressive homebrew by the end of your course.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Well My Major is Currently Pharmacy, sort of. I was asking, since I wanted to make sure about that.

Btw Vixta, I havent talked to you in Months! I missed you alot!

Btw, is that room mate offer still available, after I get money for a passport and ticket?

lol - of course buddy. missed you too. you would be sharing with me, my husband and my sporadically randy cat, but we've always got room

but yeah, if you fancy a break from the pharmacology pop down

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Dunno about you but that worries me.
    well being a pharmacist doesnt require as much knowledge as a doctor or a lawyer really since all pharmacists do is recomend OTC drugs, mix a few things, and count pills into bottles.

Quite a few of my friends are doctors and seem to find it rewarding. None of them are anything approaching poor.

I am a lawyer, and several of my friends are as well. Very few of them are happy with the profession, and I am currently working in a non-legal field (although I am still licensed, and still do pro bono work.)

Pharmacists I don't know much about, except to say that if they decline to prescribe birth control or other medications for personal moral reasons, they should be immediately dismissed, and preferably driven from the premises with a series of strong kicks to the backside.

Quote Originally Posted by vixta
    lol - of course buddy. missed you too. you would be sharing with me, my husband and my sporadically randy cat, but we've always got room

but yeah, if you fancy a break from the pharmacology pop down
    My E-Mail Address of Me is: BrightStarNova@Yahoo.Com.

I'll go with pharmac..asdfhajsdgf.... like lawyer you'll have huge competition... like doctor you'll end crazy in some way

Dude......you should become a Nun.......

a whale doctor/nun/graphic arts designer/pharma./..slash../.....Quick!! dolphin talk"click..clickk...quack?...clicky clickity... click..click!!!!....."..........

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    Dude......you should become a Nun.......

a whale doctor/nun/graphic arts designer/pharma./..slash../.....Quick!! dolphin talk"click..clickk...quack?...clicky clickity... click..click!!!!....."..........

Btw, I can adjust the College Major if I want, since I am taking the garbage stuff like Math and English Classes before the main classes, to get them out of the way.

I missed a single field trip to a museum this previous symester in art class, and that brought down My grade to a D, from an B+ !

I think it had more to do with the fact that I was friends with the other Art Professor on Campus, and that they have some sort of rivalry/feud, though the professor that was My teacher didnt like Me anyway, since I didnt want to make all the paintings in Cubist style for that symester.

The Photography Class was My fault for letting light into the dark room, and also the store guy's fault for not getting a new plastic tank to develop the film in, when I needed that, since the dontated tanks were garbage to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar

sorry....temporary...lapse in Drunkin' control of physical/mental whatever,ect.ect.ect.ect......

hahahahahaha!....

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Well, my dad's a pharmacist and you *do* have to go through internship and stuff like that. And it's *hard* stuff, lots of chemistry. If you *love* chemistry (organic chem, physical chem, lab research, etc.) AND you're good at it, pharmacy won't be a problem.

I just met a doctor (a neurosurgeon) and he's taking the academic road to a PhD on top of an MD, so he will have been in school for about 15 years. Being a doctor takes years, with medical school, internship, residency. A lot of doctors say it's rewarding. It depends on what you are willing to give up in order to devote that much time to schooling. So you do have to weigh the end results vs. the immediate.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    well being a pharmacist doesnt require as much knowledge as a doctor or a lawyer really since all pharmacists do is recomend OTC drugs, mix a few things, and count pills into bottles.
    That's not true. You have to know a hell of a lot about drug interactions, say if someone's taking one drug you have to know what other drugs are safe to take. And there are a lot of prescription medicines out there that you have to know about. And that's just one thing. You have to know how to *make* medicine too. You have to know, given the chemical name of a drug, what it looks like, what it reacts with, what you can make with it, etc. Hard stuff! All of this takes an intimate approach to chemistry. It might not take as much time as a doctor, but it doesn't mean it's easy.

Quote Originally Posted by gonesavage
    That's not true. You have to know a hell of a lot about drug interactions, say if someone's taking one drug you have to know what other drugs are safe to take. And there are a lot of prescription medicines out there that you have to know about. And that's just one thing. You have to know how to *make* medicine too. You have to know, given the chemical name of a drug, what it looks like, what it reacts with, what you can make with it, etc. Hard stuff! All of this takes an intimate approach to chemistry. It might not take as much time as a doctor, but it doesn't mean it's easy.
    well said. the amount of times we'd send someone back to their doctor because the prescription wouldn't be a good idea with current meds.

+ Reply to Thread