+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on facial piercings.

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Your thoughts on facial piercings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Ummm, what irony! You now sound like the exact same people you are bitching about. Its sad when someone cannot do to their body as they please, and still be an attractive person inside and out. I give a shit less about opinions on my 60% covered body (with a new addition on the other side of my head), so your opinion ranks with the rank. Ive struggled hard as a tattooed and pierced woman as far as trying to help people understand Im still the same person, regardless of how I look. I dont get people like you.

PS...that 'fake beauti-mark' is called a Marilyn. And thanks, Id prefer be rated against a cenobyte, than you;]
    thank you for saying all that. my bast friend thinks i'm nuts for havin 1 tattoo and two piercings in my face. i'd have alot more done if i had the money.

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

It always makes me a little sad when i see a community built on freedom and individuality start to judge who may be part of it, and who may not. I like that this place is welcoming to all folks. I personally don't give a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut what your personal reasons are to mod, or not to mod. It's your body to do with as you please - and it is not for me to judge whether your reasons for your choices are valid or not.

Just my 2 cents.

~Histrionica~

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

hmm my thoughts.... (of course im late on this thread, im new)
    Facial piercings are awesome, but sadly i have none...i still am in custody of parents... and my dad is against individuality. heh. isn't my dad cool ...i kid...

I think people should be able to do what they want with their body reguardless if I like what they have done or not. It's not my place to judge someone else... Mods don't change who you are, just your appearance.. I know someone who recently got a tattoo, and a few with facial piercings... they haven't changed a bit. It's like getting a new bracelet.. you wear it because you like it.

Though.. the craziest piercing I've seen was once on someone I used to know.. she has 3 piercings on that little piece of flesh under her tongue. She did them herself with a large safety pin. O_o

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis
    I've sent you the pics throgh the e-mail addy that you posted here. thanks Forrest!
    Sorry it took a bit. Here you go: Cutie pix of Genesis!

Wow. That was worth the wait. She's a lovely girly Forrest.

~Histrionica~

a friend of mine got his septim pierced and then got it caught on a mt dew can tab.........it was kinda funny....

Genesis that lip ring is so hot on you!!!!!!!!!

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

well There is nothing more codl the an eybrow piercing in minus 40 degree Canadains winters..perma Icrecream headache. I remember when I wanted my nosed pierced in highscholl I had to travel far and wide to find a place that did it, now every tatto parlor does it. I think they can be cool but at times I wonder what the reason is When I wanted my nosed pierced it was becuase I was alreayd an outcast it made no differenc and I just wanted it. No spiritual or any other reason maybe except at the time I prayed my father and mother would collapse in shock. DO what makes you happy, it's more rare now not to be pierced then is.....I dunno I find Alot of people I would love to talk to pass me up becasue I have no piercings now...I like tattoos though and I love doing the artwork for them....damn addictive they are!!!!piercings I can go without...tattoos I can't either getting them or drawing up design for other people

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

ps- Jax, you are a such a beautiful person. I've always admired your body mods.

Thanks and you hit the nail on the head. I really wish that people who claim to be a part of a subculture actually support it instead of bring it down. Too bad I cant post pics, Im in a picture posting mood;p

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Damniel
    I've seen your web page, i liked your eyes and your tat's and you do have the body to fit the looks... AND you are right about what you said.

Thanks;] I consider it just another form of art. Only this art Im more dedicated to than 'normal' art, and its rude to tell someone they look like *insert rudeness here*. Who cares? I dont. But I will continue to educate people and show people that Im not an ugly person, inside or out.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna
    thank you for saying all that. my bast friend thinks i'm nuts for havin 1 tattoo and two piercings in my face. i'd have alot more done if i had the money.

It will all come in time. Ive been working on my body for over 6 years. But you know, waiting is well worth it, it makes you appriciate you have it all the more!

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Histrionica
    It always makes me a little sad when i see a community built on freedom and individuality start to judge who may be part of it, and who may not. I like that this place is welcoming to all folks. I personally don't give a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut what your personal reasons are to mod, or not to mod. It's your body to do with as you please - and it is not for me to judge whether your reasons for your choices are valid or not.

Just my 2 cents.

~Histrionica~

Thank you! I really dont see the 'modded' people telling people who arent that they arent attractive enough to be a part of what is based on beliefs. A subculture is just that, the way you think and adopt new ideas. Its sad it comes down to how attractive you think one is, to include them in the group.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Thanks and you hit the nail on the head. I really wish that people who claim to be a part of a subculture actually support it instead of bring it down. Too bad I cant post pics, Im in a picture posting mood;p
    You are over 25 posts and can post pix now. Or do you need some place to host the images?

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    You are over 25 posts and can post pix now. Or do you need some place to host the images?
    Oh cool;] I didnt read the forum FAQ very closely. But then again, Im a basket case. I just wanted to post a yummy picture of just how much I love piercings! Lol.

Oh cool;] I didnt read the forum FAQ very closely. But then again, Im a basket case. I just wanted to post a yummy picture of just how much I love piercings! Lol.

As you know what I think, but Ill say it again: You Are Hot!

Did that hurt being hung from the hooks though?

I love Piercings, but Im not sure what type to get yet. I am also worried about people walking up to me and ripping out the piercings.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    As you know what I think, but Ill say it again: You Are Hot!

Did that hurt being hung from the hooks though?
    Erm, just a little;p Its more intense and gives you one hell of an adrenaline rush!

Thanks for the pics Jax. I love suspension pics, and you look great!

~Histrionica~

Genesis's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Thank you!! =)

Genesis's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by tatdownthere
    Genesis that lip ring is so hot on you!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks, after all I do aim to please

Genesis's Avatar Member

Jax! Great pic! I love to watch suspensions. I really admire those that can take them selves to another level of enlightenment. I have several close friends that put on shows... a group of my friends that were called Transcend were actually on Ripley believe it or not.

Gothickitty's Avatar Meow, Listen to me Purrrr

I love Facial piercings. I think they are sexy. I have a :
    14G Center CBR (lip)
    14G center horizontal Curved Barbell (lip)
    2 14G Purple Dumbell Curved Barbells (Eyebrow)

My BF has
    2 Side 12G Spiked Circular Barbells (Lip)
    10G Center CBR
    14G 1inch Black Spike Labret

I am thinking of chnaging my brow piercing to a spiral barbell. If I don't do that I may do a spiral in my ear. Right now I have a piercer staying at my house until him and his GF find thier own place and he is giving us free piercings. I am going to get an industrial that goes thru an orbital. My Bf just got his nipples pierced and is thinking of getting his septum done too.

AEstud's Avatar Member

I think they are very cool and if I could, I'd get one on my eyebrow

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Jax! Great pic! I love to watch suspensions. I really admire those that can take them selves to another level of enlightenment. I have several close friends that put on shows... a group of my friends that were called Transcend were actually on Ripley believe it or not.
    Thanks! I just did a one hook in the back suspension for my bday, I was sad Forrest and Amelia didnt make it to take some pics, but Ill post them as soon as I get them! I used to be a part of Life Suspended, whove also been on Ripleys, but theyve gotten a little too 'cool' for me. So I do private suspensions and shows with people who arent too 'cool' for everyone else;p

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Gothickitty
    I love Facial piercings. I think they are sexy. I have a :
    14G Center CBR (lip)
    14G center horizontal Curved Barbell (lip)
    2 14G Purple Dumbell Curved Barbells (Eyebrow)

My BF has
    2 Side 12G Spiked Circular Barbells (Lip)
    10G Center CBR
    14G 1inch Black Spike Labret

I am thinking of chnaging my brow piercing to a spiral barbell. If I don't do that I may do a spiral in my ear. Right now I have a piercer staying at my house until him and his GF find thier own place and he is giving us free piercings. I am going to get an industrial that goes thru an orbital. My Bf just got his nipples pierced and is thinking of getting his septum done too.

Call me dumb, but back in the day of piercing when I started, an orbital was any piercing with one piece of jewelry going through two different holes, forming a sphere. Please explain what an orbital is now, because an industrial would have been considered an orbital way back when.

Gothickitty's Avatar Meow, Listen to me Purrrr

Call me dumb, but back in the day of piercing when I started, an orbital was any piercing with one piece of jewelry going through two different holes, forming a sphere. Please explain what an orbital is now, because an industrial would have been considered an orbital way back when.
    An "industrial" is two or more piercings connected by a single piece of jewelry.
    While most industrials are a straight bar connecting two helix piercings, perhaps 15 degrees off horizontal, they are also often done vertically (sometimes more than one, becoming an ear cage) or through piercings other than the helix, such as rook to helix piercing or conch piercings.

An "orbital" is two piercings connected by a ring.
    Similar to an industrial, an orbital is two piercings connected by a single ring.

Hope this helps.

Genesis's Avatar Member

I think that depending on where you live would depend no the verbiage for piercings... for instance when I got the "rank" *hehehe* beauty mark we called it a Monroe and Jax calls it a Marilyn. See? Same idea. The for instance what I would call an industrial would be and ear piercing that was done towards the upper part of the ear going from one side of the cartilage to the to the other side with one long barbell, set deeper into the ear. Make sense? At the same time I know of an orbital to be as Jax explained it. Funny stuff really.

I heard both terms used in dc. by any other name, Jax and Genesis are 2 faverite Blue Bloods!!

I only have 3 lip, and a nostril, as far as facial ...but pierceing quickly becomes an addiction so I should have more facial shortly

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Gothickitty
    An "industrial" is two or more piercings connected by a single piece of jewelry.
    While most industrials are a straight bar connecting two helix piercings, perhaps 15 degrees off horizontal, they are also often done vertically (sometimes more than one, becoming an ear cage) or through piercings other than the helix, such as rook to helix piercing or conch piercings.

An "orbital" is two piercings connected by a ring.
    Similar to an industrial, an orbital is two piercings connected by a single ring.

Hope this helps.

Lol, thanks. The industry is changing, Ive heard new names for piercings nowadays. I tend to stick to piercing and termonology for it the way I learned, less confusing for me;p

Lucius's Avatar Member

all piercings are hot!

:melts: I fuckin' love Genesis... oh my word... What a wonderful day today is gonna be now.. mmmm mmmm

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack

Quote Originally Posted by Szandora
    :melts: I fuckin' love Genesis... oh my word... What a wonderful day today is gonna be now.. mmmm mmmm
    She Strongly Resembles A Best Friend Who Moved Away.

MansonChick69's Avatar Junior Member

I think all piercings are sexy! I have my tongue done, my navel, two in each ear, and my nose.

i love piercings, but too many facial piercings can start to become a turn-off for me... right now i only have my nostril done, but all my facial piercings i have had at different times (septum, lip, monroe and now nostril)... some people can pull off multiple facial piercings while others cant... i guess it just depends on the person... right now, i only have 4- navel, nostril, outer labia and hood.... thinking about getting my septum redone though

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i got into piercings around the time i started high school. id been exposed to it thro the book "modern primitives". it was a big deal when i came into school one day w my left ear pierced. i got alot of crap for it. this was about when it became okay for guys to have earrings. in my small town, it was still unusual. i was trying to express my individuality and was a rebellious teen. a year or two later, when like all the guys had earrings, i went and gave myself one on my right ear. it was still seen as being a "gay thing" then, so i got crap again. i added a few more earrings throughout high school. went out and got my nipples pierced for my 18th bday-it was a present from my girlfriend i waited until i graduated to get any facial piercings done. my nose ring was done the same day. but i really didnt get into until i went off to college. i had another nose ring, more ear cartilage ones including both traguses, my tongue, and upper and lower navels done by the end of my freshman year. i later got a lip piercing and my septum done. i have 4 visible facial piercings now. which is the limit for me personally.
    i have a piercing fetish. i find them to be extremely attractive, usually. as long as their tastefully done. when it comes to "too many" i think i do have a limit of somewhere around 4 or 5. i like them to accentuate the face, not hide it.
    ive run into many ppl who find them unattractive in general. the only real trouble ive ever had w my piercings is that living in a small town, it was impossible to find work it was much easier in cities like boston or worcester. id often still get turned away from jobs because of my "outlandish" appearance. now im seeing more places that allow facial piercings on employees. i love that! i always comment about them in a positive way. i got sick of being asked "didnt that hurt?" by ppl long ago. its refreshing to get into a conversation w those who have them. like when im getting coffee or filling a script at the pharmacy. i dont mind that it got "trendy" for awhile. alot of ppls minds were opened to new things as a result!
    but anyways, i also wanted to say that i love the pics of ppl w piercings here on blueblood. im thinking particularly of jax and genesis here

Raven's Avatar Junior Member

Peircings are about the hottest thing someone can do to theirselves. That an attire tight latex. Black, of course. Heh. I don't know. my eyebrow is all I have done now. I had to take my tounge ring out, unfortunately. But in all actuallity, it's hot as hell.

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

Havnt gotten a Facial Peircing yet, still working on stretching out my ears, then I am going back to tattoos for a while then maybe the side of my lip. I can only get one thing done at a time because taking care of two things is just too hard. I have a hard time remembering to feed myself!
    I love facial pircings though! My GF has had 2 lip peircings, eyebrow, tongue.

I Like facial piercings in moderation also. I definitely think that piercings can accent an already beautiful face, But they can also take away form it if there are too many.

+ Reply to Thread