+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on facial piercings.

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

Default Your thoughts on facial piercings.

Hey all, I recently got my labret pierced (only my 8th body piercing) and was wondering what everyones opinion is about facial piercings. Are they a turn-on or a turn-off to you and what is the most extreme facial piercing you have or have ever seen.

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Your thoughts on facial piercings.

i love them. i only have two right now but i love the way they feel. i feel naked without my brow-bar. and i have my lip pierced. i hve lots of earrings too.
    the most exreme was this guy with his lip pierced through the lip not just under. he said it hurt alot.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I think facial piercings are sort of most extreme from a quantity perspective. I like them when artfully arranged.

I like them up to a point...Too many and its just a turn off...

I have seen a lot of really pretty women but they looked like pincussions...

In my opinion you can go to far..

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Just like anything in fashion, if you can get away with it, great! I have only bodily scars for body art, but piercings are certainly appealing to me, in excess, in multiple places. But, I wonder about the dangers with intimacy and needing to get used to forewarning people.

Preach's Avatar Member

I think they're nice, but they're nothing for me... It's just too dangerous, have you ever seen what happens when you punch someone who has a septum-piercing? Theres not much nose left

Quote Originally Posted by Preach
    I think they're nice, but they're nothing for me... It's just too dangerous, have you ever seen what happens when you punch someone who has a septum-piercing? Theres not much nose left
    Do you get in a lot of fist fights, you naughty boy?

They Rock!

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

I like facial piercings on a minimal, balanced scale (5 or less). Extreme for me would be quantity and size... those people that have what looks like 50 large piercings at once on their faces always make me wonder what their faces would look like if they took their piercings out.

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

Sexay Sexay Sexay...

Genesis's Avatar Member

I love piercings in general. I like kissing lip piercings. It's kind of different kissing a guy with his entire bottom lip pierced. I love all of Rachel Face's facial piercings too. She can totally pull off all that she has and not too many can.
    I really miss having facial piercings. I've have my septum done twice and a monroe at one point too.I have been thinking about getting my lower lip pierced right in the center... not too sure if my job will permit it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis
    I love piercings in general. I like kissing lip piercings. It's kind of different kissing a guy with his entire bottom lip pierced. I love all of Rachel Face's facial piercings too. She can totally pull off all that she has and not too many can.
    I really miss having facial piercings. I've have my septum done twice and a monroe at one point too.I have been thinking about getting my lower lip pierced right in the center... not too sure if my job will permit it though.
    Is there a subtle way you can hint around whether they would mind metal in your lip

Genesis's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by memorydream
    But, I wonder about the dangers with intimacy and needing to get used to forewarning people.
    Uhm yah... I know personally that people that aren't used to piercings totally need to be schooled on how to treat them. I haven't had any issues with my facial piercings, but I have had issues with people thinking that my labia piercings are chew toys or that the piercings were ment to yank and pull on. Now I'm into all of that stuff, but *not* when it comes to the labia after all piercings can rip out!

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis
    Uhm yah... I know personally that people that aren't used to piercings totally need to be schooled on how to treat them. I haven't had any issues with my facial piercings, but I have had issues with people thinking that my labia piercings are chew toys or that the piercings were ment to yank and pull on. Now I'm into all of that stuff, but *not* when it comes to the labia after all piercings can rip out!
    oh i know! How can normally intelligent reasaonable people be so insane when they get to mods below the belt???????? by the way you are incredibly beautiful

Preach's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Do you get in a lot of fist fights, you naughty boy?
    Well, i'm doing security on Hardcore- and Metal-Shows, and there are very often some "arguments" between me and some "Fans" that visit those shows

Genesis's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Is there a subtle way you can hint around whether they would mind metal in your lip
    We had a company meeting on Sunday and I pulled both owners aside and asked if it would be ok to have facial piercings. They both agreed that we work in a creative enough field to where it would be ok.
    SO! I'm going to get a 10 gauge center lower lip piercing this saturday!!! Then I am going to get my septum redone at a small 14 or 16 gauge with a nice little hoop. YAY!! I miss getting pierced!!

Mother Superior

Body modification is an interesting way to decorate yourself. I don't have any piercings except one hole in each ear, they were done when I was 2 days old, it's a cultural thing.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

I think facial peircings are hot. The only facial peircing I've had was my lip and I took it out because it didn't look good...I don't think I have the face for facial peircings, but I think they are way hot on a lot of people

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Depends on the face... some people have the face for it, some don't. the most extreme peircing I've ever seen was on a girl I worked with , that little peice of flesh that attatches your upper lip to your gums, she had a lil ring through it. I was so intrigued, I asked to kiss her just to see what it would be like to kiss some one with a peircing there. According to her it didn't hurt at all, I'll have to take her word for it. I, myself, only have two holes in each ear, more because I'm terrified of needles than anything, and because I don't think I have the face for it...
    K

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

I've been told I have the face for piercings........ I just don't have the money. But I think they look fucking fantastic in moderation.

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

I used to have two in my lip, but took them out for getting a job and because the left one got infected. I didn't get the job, so I reopened the center one at least, because it closed in the meantime, and I was too poor for a studio.
    Back in time, when I got my lip done, I also let them pierce my tongue. I love the feeling, but I also broke two of teeth already ,)
    The only other visibile piercing in my face, beside my ears, is my nostril, which I did myself too.

Piercings are a total turn on, i currently have a total of 24, i have 5 in left ear, 4 in the right ear, nape, birdge, both nostrials, 2 septums, tougne, 3 bottom lip, 2 in right nipple. 1 in left nipple, 2 frenums. if its something you want go for it, fuck what everyone says when they judge you.

What do you think of this idea: Before you spend the money and go through with getting the piercing, get some type of jewel type of stud, etc.

Super-Glue that onto where you are thinking of getting the actual piercing, and try that for a few days to weeks, or you could just do that instead, sind that will eventually flake off in about 28 days or so, unless the glue wears out before you shed skin cells.

Some people I talked to about that said that they liked that idea.

Foxbird's Avatar Member

I tend to come at it from an aesthetic perspective. Does the piercing complement your face? Does it draw attention to a nice feature that you happen to have? For example, I've always found brow rings to be more attractive on women and fine-featured men because of a thinner, more defined eyebrow and ridge that bisects the ring.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

I like 'em in moderation only.
    It disgusts me to see a person with more metal in their visage than a hardware store.

KristynNicole's Avatar Member

I have a monroe and I love it, it's a really tiny stud but Ive seen some chicks with big balls (no pun intended) on their lips.

I love them, but I prefer patterns.

ScarMeBeautiful's Avatar Senior Member

I think they are gorgeous and attractive.

But I'm not a fan of stretched piercings. They gross me out..

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

i have my lip done twice and i used to have my eyebrow done

excess piercings like horrible on people in general so do huge chunky studs/rings............i have always kept my piercings small and never had more than a few and no ones complained yet

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna
    i love them. i only have two right now but i love the way they feel. i feel naked without my brow-bar. and i have my lip pierced. i hve lots of earrings too.
    the most exreme was this guy with his lip pierced through the lip not just under. he said it hurt alot.
    Its called a vertical lip, and it doesnt hurt at all. I got two done at one time.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

If anyones seen me on Barely Evil, theyd see Im a fan of piercings...which is why Im a piercer;p

Right now I have 16 piercings, 24 at one time. They include 1/2 inch lobes, 0g flats, 2 ears, bridge, 6g septum, labret, 2 vertical lips, 10g nipples, and a hood.

I took my tongue ones out (had 4), and split my tongue instead. Much better IMO and it fits my personality.

Genesis's Avatar Member

I did it. I am the new owner of a lower, middle lip piercing at a small 14 gauge (stretching up to 10 maybe 8) and for the third time a septum piercing at a small 14 gauge that will remain the same size. *yay*
    I don't think that I post pic yet... but I could e-mail them to Amelia or Forrest for them to post. That is if they would like to do that for me

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Sure, I'll post a pic for you if you want. No problem.

pircing and tatoos are way too "cool" nowadays. i rememeber when someone had a tattoo they were actually frownd upon, they were the domain of prisoners,sailors and the underbelly of sociaty, but now i can walk around work and theres less people WITHOUT them. and almost all of them are dragons. really badly drawn dragons.

as for facial, i know beauti is suppose to be in the eye of the beholder, but those fake beuti-spot ones are rank, anything else is ok, as long as you dont go ott, unless of course you going for the cenobite look......

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Quote Originally Posted by Neverborn
    pircing and tatoos are way too "cool" nowadays. i rememeber when someone had a tattoo they were actually frownd upon, they were the domain of prisoners,sailors and the underbelly of sociaty, but now i can walk around work and theres less people WITHOUT them.
    I think that just might be the reason I don't have any. Right up there with being terrified of needles. That and I like to think of myself as a classic beauty a la 1940's black and white film godess, none of them had tattoos. I will admit to having two holes in each ear. The first pair was done on my sixth b-day and the second ones were done when my brother got his ear peirced. He was scared and wanted some one to go first. I volunt-ear-ed. (okay, bad pun but i'm in fucked up mood today.) I do declare that's enough outta me.
    K

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    I think that just might be the reason I don't have any. Right up there with being terrified of needles. That and I like to think of myself as a classic beauty a la 1940's black and white film godess, none of them had tattoos. I will admit to having two holes in each ear. The first pair was done on my sixth b-day and the second ones were done when my brother got his ear peirced. He was scared and wanted some one to go first. I volunt-ear-ed. (okay, bad pun but i'm in fucked up mood today.) I do declare that's enough outta me.
    K
    You are a classic beauty indeed.

My mother always told me that if i wanted any body modifications, that i should wait for 2 years. If i still wanted it; then i'd probably be happy with the decision to get it done. It's proven to be good advice for me.

~Histrionica~

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Neverborn
    pircing and tatoos are way too "cool" nowadays. i rememeber when someone had a tattoo they were actually frownd upon, they were the domain of prisoners,sailors and the underbelly of sociaty, but now i can walk around work and theres less people WITHOUT them. and almost all of them are dragons. really badly drawn dragons.

as for facial, i know beauti is suppose to be in the eye of the beholder, but those fake beuti-spot ones are rank, anything else is ok, as long as you dont go ott, unless of course you going for the cenobite look......

Ummm, what irony! You now sound like the exact same people you are bitching about. Its sad when someone cannot do to their body as they please, and still be an attractive person inside and out. I give a shit less about opinions on my 60% covered body (with a new addition on the other side of my head), so your opinion ranks with the rank. Ive struggled hard as a tattooed and pierced woman as far as trying to help people understand Im still the same person, regardless of how I look. I dont get people like you.

PS...that 'fake beauti-mark' is called a Marilyn. And thanks, Id prefer be rated against a cenobyte, than you;]

Genesis's Avatar Member

Neverborn-
    I can not believe that being in a subculture that you could try and bring down the very people that support you and your identity. I have had numerous piercings and one being what you perceive as rank. To each their own when it comes to opinions.
    Please leave your insults to private messaging or e-mail.
    I don't want this to turn into a flame war of any sorts.
    If you feel the need to discuss on this further you may reply to my personal e-mail at: genesislavey@hotmail.com.

ps- Jax, you are a such a beautiful person. I've always admired your body mods.

Genesis's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Sure, I'll post a pic for you if you want. No problem.
    I've sent you the pics throgh the e-mail addy that you posted here. thanks Forrest!

Damniel's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Ummm, what irony! You now sound like the exact same people you are bitching about. Its sad when someone cannot do to their body as they please, and still be an attractive person inside and out. I give a shit less about opinions on my 60% covered body (with a new addition on the other side of my head), so your opinion ranks with the rank. Ive struggled hard as a tattooed and pierced woman as far as trying to help people understand Im still the same person, regardless of how I look. I dont get people like you.

PS...that 'fake beauti-mark' is called a Marilyn. And thanks, Id prefer be rated against a cenobyte, than you;]
    I've seen your web page, i liked your eyes and your tat's and you do have the body to fit the looks... AND you are right about what you said.

+ Reply to Thread