+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your Agent Called, You Got The Part...

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Your Agent Called, You Got The Part...

So my movie thing is coming along really well, pretty STRESSFUL though, I keep getting higher up and higher up, right now I have my TWO FAVE directors in the world reading it, it took me MONTHS to get their contact info, and get their agents to OK it. etc... I keep getting new and better people involved, but then of course, some people pass, some are a little abrasive, but it keeps getting bigger.

I even have a couple of finance companies, a SWISS BANK dalling, so money is always a good thing...

I have noticed though, that my friends who are involved in low budget films are really getting SO MEAN and JEALOUS!! AH! I just can't talk to them anymore, and they are really negative and keep giving me the wrong advice, so I just take it all with a grain of salt.

Then I keep asking for advice on these film message boards and get these really obnoxious people that keep trying to boss me around. Very scary!! But I guess you get that on any message board..

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: Your Agent Called, You Got The Part...

hows Johny doin' .........

Congrats,you more than derserve it........

No I didn't get Johnny, but to tell you the truth, I don't think he would be the best one for this role. It is too romantic. But I have about five other hot English hunks to keep me happy!!!! Heh! Heh!!

Congrats!

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Congratulations! Best of luck to yah!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Congrats darlin, best of luck to ya!

Damniel's Avatar Senior Member

Hey... congratulations... i was wondering how was it all working out.... good to know it's tourinig out well... good luck...

You should tell those bitch-ass "friends" of yours to stop player-hating.

I'd be like 'Don't hate the player baby, hate the mother-fucking game'

SNAP!!

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

congradulations!!!! <3

oh dammit, i cant seduce johnny with u :-( *tear* :-p

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Your kicking ass and taking numbers.. keep it going.

Big Congrats

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Good to hear you are doing well with this endevor. Keep going and you'll do well.

Go you... !

Well thank you! It's fun when things are going well. Today the Swiss Bank e-mailed and said that it looks "interesting" and they are reading the script. It's always good to be nice to Swiss Banks!!! They have money from all over the world. You know, there is LOTS of money out there... Lots of it...

Oh, and I am learning all these film biz terms like "genre", and "get on board with the project", so now when I talk to agents on my cell phone, I sound as if I know what I am talking about...I think... Or I just PRETEND that I know what I am talking about.

So all day I basically talk to agents. They are actually not as mean as you would think. Most of them have been pretty nice. Sometimes I talk to producers, and directors. I just try to tell them what is going on, and try to be polite and informative. Once in a while you get someone with attitude, and I just move on, life is too short.

But this director producer team that is interested now, I won't say their names because it will show up on Google, etc. but even if he tries to pass on the script, I will just beg him to let me re-write it until he likes it. I mean, I can't let him pass on it. He just HAS to direct this.. He is perfect, so is the producer. The producer is SO charming. He actually called me from the set, personally from England... He was SO charming. I mean, they just can't pass on the script. They would be perfect. They are working on this HUGE film right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bre.star
    congradulations!!!! <3

oh dammit, i cant seduce johnny with u :-( *tear* :-p

I know, I am SO sorry.. I really tried. It is really hard to get Johnny Depp right now, he is like the biggest star in the world. He has this army of agents around him. I tried everything...

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    So my movie thing is coming along really well, pretty STRESSFUL though, I keep getting higher up and higher up, right now I have my TWO FAVE directors in the world reading it, it took me MONTHS to get their contact info, and get their agents to OK it. etc... I keep getting new and better people involved, but then of course, some people pass, some are a little abrasive, but it keeps getting bigger.

I even have a couple of finance companies, a SWISS BANK dalling, so money is always a good thing...

I have noticed though, that my friends who are involved in low budget films are really getting SO MEAN and JEALOUS!! AH! I just can't talk to them anymore, and they are really negative and keep giving me the wrong advice, so I just take it all with a grain of salt.

Then I keep asking for advice on these film message boards and get these really obnoxious people that keep trying to boss me around. Very scary!! But I guess you get that on any message board..
    Be sure the Swiss pay you in dollars, the Euro is gonna go down the shitter with the EU.
    My talking cat and I can play all the parts

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    Be sure the Swiss pay you in dollars, the Euro is gonna go down the shitter with the EU.
    My talking cat and I can play all the parts

OEC
    Actually I have a really good part for your talking cat!! He can be Murdoch, the mysterious and sinister advisor who appears and re-appears in dreams!! No, seriously I think he should be a cat!!!

I am not sure how film financing works, but I am pretty sure that they are not just going to hand me the money!!

Actually I have a really good part for your talking cat!! He can be Murdoch, the mysterious and sinister advisor who appears and re-appears in dreams!! No, seriously I think he should be a cat!!!

I am not sure how film financing works, but I am pretty sure that they are not just going to hand me the money!!
    That would work. I was thinking of the talking cat in Master and The Margarita (Satan's sidekick) He was narcicisstic but all knowing.

OEC

That would work. I was thinking of the talking cat in Master and The Margarita (Satan's sidekick) He was narcicisstic but all knowing.

OEC
    And don't forget the Chesire Cat in Alice in Wonderland!! Have a little more opium darling... Those were the days, when opium was legal and you could just write poetry and stories about mushrooms and cats and going through the looking glass...

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Any of you remember the cat in the movie "Go"?

That was funny as hell...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    Any of you remember the cat in the movie "Go"?

That was funny as hell...
    Was that animated? Never saw that one... What about Cat in the Hat, kind of a creepy film.. Too many false eyelashes for a cat!

WEll pretty good week so far, nobody passed!!! The two major actresses have e-mailed wanting the current script, the finance company is being really nice, the English producer (who is REALLY charming and who works with the BIGSHOT director) e-mailed and was charming again, but hasn't read the script.

But just so they CAN't PASS I told him that I know that the script needs work, and I am willing to re-write it until he is happy with it.

This is the producer/director team that I want, they just CANNOT pass on this. I won't let them... But he is being pretty charming, so I am being charming too, so maybe this can work... Charm can work... It's a charming film...

I don't see a cat... Did you see a cat? Where's the cat? Here kitty kitty ...

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

lol i see no kitty either, but good luck with your endeavor and congratulations on how far you've come with it

Quote Originally Posted by badkittyamy
    lol i see no kitty either, but good luck with your endeavor and congratulations on how far you've come with it
    Here's the kitty, it's BAD kitty! Thank you for your support!!! It's a little scary sometimes, but it's exciting!

OK I am probably not supposed to say this, but did you sell your Porsche? Don't sell it!!! Did you know that Trent Reznor had a silver Porsche but he sold it because people make fun of him too much. Oh, it must be tough being a rockstar...

Yep, sold it.
    The new ride is sweet though.

And the cat in that movie is just a regular cat, but the guy is on drugs,
    and imagines the cat is talking to him telepathicaly. It's pretty funny.

And don't forget the Chesire Cat in Alice in Wonderland!! Have a little more opium darling... Those were the days, when opium was legal and you could just write poetry and stories about mushrooms and cats and going through the looking glass...
    You still can .... when *they* aren't looking

OEC

You still can .... when *they* aren't looking

OEC
    The best writers were on opiates, don't you think? When you read them, you sort of get this contact high...

Anyway, so today I got ANOTHER FINANCE COMPANY!! That means I have a Swiss Bank, a British Finance Company, and today just got the finance company that did "Phantom of the Opera" (60 million dollar budget)!!! Mhwah! hah! Hah!!!!

OH, and also yesterday CAA called about this bigshot actress, and I DIDN't EVEN CARE because I already have bigshot actresses. But this is a real milestone because CAA has NEVER called back. NEVER. But I really have some major bigshots here. I won't name them because this website shows up on Google, so don't want to jinx it!! But anyway, the bigshot actress is interested and they told me to contact them when I have the financing.

CAA is this HUGE agency in the USA, all the major stars just about are on CAA. It has taken six monthes to get anyone to actually call. Most of the stuff I send them either gets thrown away or sent back unopened, or with the usual form nasty note. So I think this is a sign of success here, the fact that they actually called and spoke to me, a mere pion with no agent and no lawyer!!

It seems as if the bigger I get, the more successful the project becomes. The small people are the ones that are saying "no", and the big people are saying "yes". SO I say, go for the big people. It's working. This film wants to be a big film. IT doesn't want to be a low budget little film that flops.

All my friends who make low budget flop films, (and I mean, REALLY flops, like never even got to DVD or video), they all tell me that I am thinking too big, and that I should be small like them, and make a small low budget film... Well, I don't think so... no....

I am asking for $25 Million dollar budget, and these finance people don't even flinch. I bet you 25 Million dollars I get it!!! I can't even get paid $50.00 for a Nuns show, but I bet I can get 25 Million dollars for this film. Maybe I can get more if I get a major studio. Can't get a major, YET... I will have to sweet talk this producer a bit more... He could get it to a major studio...

But $25 Million is not that much if you take into account how much the salaries of superstars are. Even with this budget, we will probably have to get the stars to take a pay cut. Or maybe I can get more money. $40 Million!! That would be better. Then I can pay for that Vivienne Westwood gown that I wear to the Academy Awards.

This has been a great week. Nobody passed, just total bigshots saying "YES". Just what I like. Oh, and one of my actresses is on the cover of Vogue this month. My favorite. Her agent also e-mailed this week. Boy, this is fun when it goes well.

Yep, sold it.
    The new ride is sweet though.

And the cat in that movie is just a regular cat, but the guy is on drugs,
    and imagines the cat is talking to him telepathicaly. It's pretty funny.
    What did you get instead of the Porsche? A Rolls Royce? Jaguar? Aston Martin?

Anyway, so today I got ANOTHER FINANCE COMPANY!! That means I have a Swiss Bank, a British Finance Company, and today just got the finance company that did "Phantom of the Opera" (60 million dollar budget)!!! Mhwah! hah! Hah!!!!
    Speaking of Phantom of the Opera...I saw that while in New York. It was gorgeous. I was sad that it ended.

Quote Originally Posted by cheinara wraithwalker
    Speaking of Phantom of the Opera...I saw that while in New York. It was gorgeous. I was sad that it ended.

You saw the play, Phantom of the Opera? Isn't it the BEST!! That is the best Broadway Show, I want to see it again!!! They made a movie of it too, but I think it is better as a play, something about it! Love the music too, I have the CD with Sarah Brightman as Cristine. I didn't really like the Cristine in the movie version.

*bows at your feet* my favourite version of the cd is with the original canadian cast, it was what i listened to as a kid and i don't know if that made me biased but i think it's the best, my friend who is an opera singer herself loved it. I didn't like the movie so much because the singing was only moderately good imo. the canadian cast stars colm wilkinson and rebecca caine

Quote Originally Posted by badkittyamy
    *bows at your feet* my favourite version of the cd is with the original canadian cast, it was what i listened to as a kid and i don't know if that made me biased but i think it's the best, my friend who is an opera singer herself loved it. I didn't like the movie so much because the singing was only moderately good imo. the canadian cast stars colm wilkinson and rebecca caine
    Wow, I didn't even know that you could buy that version, I have never even heard it. I should check that out. I know, I thought the singing was only OK in the film, there is actually a really sour note that Cristine hits during "Think of Me", and i can't believe they left it in!! Every time I hear that part I just can't beleive that Andrew left that sour note out!!! I liked Gerard Butler as The Phantom, but the Cristine, god, what a terrible actress. She makes these silly faces and it sort of ruins it. She reminds me of the actress in "Show Girls", she is that bad...

well it's really old, i'm not joking when i said i listened to it as i kid. I could always give you a copy somehow i'm sure if you can't find it. The cd used to be my uncle chris' own and then they left it at the house when they moved so now it is mine *insert evil laughter here* they shall never have it back

You saw the play, Phantom of the Opera? Isn't it the BEST!! That is the best Broadway Show, I want to see it again!!! They made a movie of it too, but I think it is better as a play, something about it! Love the music too, I have the CD with Sarah Brightman as Cristine. I didn't really like the Cristine in the movie version.
    Yeah, it was wonderful. Seriously something I will never forget. The music and the acting was incredible, and someday I'll take my girls to see it.

The best writers were on opiates, don't you think? When you read them, you sort of get this contact high...

OH, and also yesterday CAA called about this bigshot actress, and I DIDN't EVEN CARE because I already have bigshot actresses. But this is a real milestone because CAA has NEVER called back. NEVER. But I really have some major bigshots here. I won't name them because this website shows up on Google, so don't want to jinx it!! But anyway, the bigshot actress is interested and they told me to contact them when I have the financing.

CAA is this HUGE agency in the USA, all the major stars just about are on CAA. It has taken six monthes to get anyone to actually call. Most of the stuff I send them either gets thrown away or sent back unopened, or with the usual form nasty note. So I think this is a sign of success here, the fact that they actually called and spoke to me, a mere pion with no agent and no lawyer!!

It seems as if the bigger I get, the more successful the project becomes. The small people are the ones that are saying "no", and the big people are saying "yes". SO I say, go for the big people. It's working. This film wants to be a big film. IT doesn't want to be a low budget little film that flops.

All my friends who make low budget flop films, (and I mean, REALLY flops, like never even got to DVD or video), they all tell me that I am thinking too big, and that I should be small like them, and make a small low budget film... Well, I don't think so... no....

I am asking for $25 Million dollar budget, and these finance people don't even flinch. I bet you 25 Million dollars I get it!!! I can't even get paid $50.00 for a Nuns show, but I bet I can get 25 Million dollars for this film. Maybe I can get more if I get a major studio. Can't get a major, YET... I will have to sweet talk this producer a bit more... He could get it to a major studio...

But $25 Million is not that much if you take into account how much the salaries of superstars are. Even with this budget, we will probably have to get the stars to take a pay cut. Or maybe I can get more money. $40 Million!! That would be better. Then I can pay for that Vivienne Westwood gown that I wear to the Academy Awards.

This has been a great week. Nobody passed, just total bigshots saying "YES". Just what I like. Oh, and one of my actresses is on the cover of Vogue this month. My favorite. Her agent also e-mailed this week. Boy, this is fun when it goes well.
    You don't get paid $50 for shows?? Anyways, obviously you want to go with the biggest payout you can get. You don't necessarily need the biggest stars though imo. You can just as easily make them. People are tired of the mediocrity our generation has put out. There are better actors in theater than Affleck, Lopez etc on their best days.

Writing is all about getting into a zone. Some folks just have it naturally.

OEC

You don't get paid $50 for shows?? Anyways, obviously you want to go with the biggest payout you can get. You don't necessarily need the biggest stars though imo. You can just as easily make them. People are tired of the mediocrity our generation has put out. There are better actors in theater than Affleck, Lopez etc on their best days.

Writing is all about getting into a zone. Some folks just have it naturally.

OEC

I actually have to PAY to play in The Nuns. Each show costs about $500.00 with making nice flyers, photos, maillings, paying the performers, rehearsals, recordings, making live performance CD's, traveling expenses. I spent most of my inheritance on The Nuns... I mean TONS of money...

But don't worry, BENNIFER is not in my movie!!!! THere are some good superstars out there! And I got them!! HAH! Just got another one on Friday!!! Another CAA superstar... It took me six months to crack the CAA e-mail code.... I really should be a detective...

+ Reply to Thread