+ Reply to Thread

Thread: know what hurts?

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default know what hurts?

the toher day at work-I was by myself (yet again) and had the task of moving 100 some odd heavy ass boxes manually from one side of the warehouse to the other.(most of our stuff is either furniture or artwork so we dont have a lift.)
    while I was in the middle of moving boxes, I lost grip on an oak table top that weighed a little over 50lbs and it was heading straight to the floor pretty fast. I tryed to catch it but couldnt and it landed smack dab in the middle of my foot.
    I tryed to keep on working after it but then my foot wiggled when i lifte dit up so I ran out back to smoke a square and take my boot off. the force of the hit of the box didnt break any bones (from what i can tell) but was strong enough to hemmoraghe my foot.

luckily these are my off days so i have time to rest it.
    I thought the time when iaccidentally stepped square onto a carpenter nail was painful but this....this fucking hurt. anyone else wanna share/

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Default Re: know what hurts?

"Never try to catch a falling soldering iron if it is still hot"

Not that I have ever done that before (yeah right)

ouch. true story: this girl i knew in high school actually answered the iron when the phone rang while she was ironing her shirts.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    the toher day at work-I was by myself (yet again) and had the task of moving 100 some odd heavy ass boxes manually from one side of the warehouse to the other.(most of our stuff is either furniture or artwork so we dont have a lift.)
    while I was in the middle of moving boxes, I lost grip on an oak table top that weighed a little over 50lbs and it was heading straight to the floor pretty fast. I tryed to catch it but couldnt and it landed smack dab in the middle of my foot.
    I tryed to keep on working after it but then my foot wiggled when i lifte dit up so I ran out back to smoke a square and take my boot off. the force of the hit of the box didnt break any bones (from what i can tell) but was strong enough to hemmoraghe my foot.

luckily these are my off days so i have time to rest it.
    I thought the time when iaccidentally stepped square onto a carpenter nail was painful but this....this fucking hurt. anyone else wanna share/
    You could always have in amputated!! You could get one of those plastic feet! A prosthetic foot!!!!

Well it couldn't be worse than waking up from surgery in extreme pain and being unable to breathe for about two days... Oh, and putting you in a room next to a dying lady with about 10 fat nurses sitting around that will not help you get out of your hospital bed, will not help you go to the bathroom, and will not unplug your tubes, and will not even get out of the way when you try to stumble past them to the loo....

Oh, and having the nightnurse get mad because you are in so much pain that you are pressing the pain pump too many times, so she cuts off your morphine so you are in a lot more pain.

And then the next day the doctor coming in and saying "You are going to die"...

So what's a foot? What's a toe? No problem...

You should get that shit checked out bro, If your bleeding internally pretty bad you could be fucking yourself up.

I cut part of my thumb off with an xato blade. That hurt super bad. It was a gusher as well. They sewed it back on. (At least it was'nt my pussy-finger. Just Kidding.)

I was on a trampoline and took a backward step without looking. Caught my foot on one of the springs, fell back onto the ground (which, at the time, seemed a ways away), and ripped my foot open on the edge of the spring.

I could see my muscle move!

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

When I was 5 I wanted to be superman so I turn this little tykes slide that my family had, and I got to the top of it, and I jumped off in hopes that I'd fly... and I landed face first. I had to be taken to the ER for stitches on my upper lip. I still have a bump from where it happened.

yeh I was joking with my girl the other day that I thought a peg leg would be kinda sexy. lol. it should be fine. i've been run over, drowned, electrocuted, poisoned and hung....this is just another one to add to the list. lol Im like a mach truck.....but I think mistress jenn takes the cake on the pain richter. what happened?

Exarch's Avatar Junior Member

Managed to break both ankles, when my unit was out on manuvers. I was tasked as the automatic rifleman for the platoon, which for those who might not know means I had a machine gun and a metric ass-ton of amuniton for the weapon hit a gopher hole, and me and about 100lbs of gear when ass-end over tea-kettle cracking both ankles. Yeah me! being in the army I decide, sure I can walk on it... bad idea, sometimes that army mentality sure sneaks up on you.

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

getting thrown offa horse onto an unpaved road, getting a foot push from a dolphin at 20 mph with skinned knees. Yeah ow i skinned my knees and was still raw when I decided that getting a footpush at 20 mph would be a good idea, open wounds + salt water = joy

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

animals hate you.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i steped on a rusty nail once, and i think i mentioned the time i got run over by a car when i was 13

nails fucking hurt. I did that once. stomped on it too wihtout even knowing it was there. bled like a pig.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

I stepped on a rusty nail at the age of 5. I was eating some good ol' american cheese at the time.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

7 years ago I completly busted my right knee and spilt the patela open, damn thing never did get repaired and to this day still haunts.

+ Reply to Thread