+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hel00000

Default Hel00000

undefinedHi just thought i would introduce myself and so on,im Emma from Australia so HI!!
    umms thats all i guess
    bye byes

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Default Re: Hel00000

Hello, and nice to meet you.

I saw your drink of choice of drink of choice was Absinthe. Is that just the store bought brand (it may still be illegal here, anyone know about that?) or do they have the real Polish Vodka with Wormwood stuff? I study vices and true crime sorts of things. I know sepulchritude.com has a bunch about where to get recipes and general education about it.

Its store bought here its just been legalised and no longer has a psychoactive drug but its still made with wormwood.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Emmaleth Rose
    Its store bought here its just been legalised and no longer has a psychoactive drug but its still made with wormwood.
    That possible?

In the states it's illegal for bars and stores to sell it (not that it stops some places) but oddly enough you can import the stuff without much hassle...only real problem is the shipping...it's pretty steep.

Hi , Nice to meet you.

I have been told that Australia Rocks!
    Is that true?

Yeah Australia is ok i would rather be somewhere else though its too hot here.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Why not just go further south to Antarctica?

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    That possible?

In the states it's illegal for bars and stores to sell it (not that it stops some places) but oddly enough you can import the stuff without much hassle...only real problem is the shipping...it's pretty steep.
    Most of the bars that sell it are actually serving Absente. It is a derivitive of the original absenthe, but it is not the same thing. Absente is weaker and it doesn't include wormwood. As far as I know, Absenthe, is still illegal in the U.S.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Giulianna
    Most of the bars that sell it are actually serving Absente. It is a derivitive of the original absenthe, but it is not the same thing. Absente is weaker and it doesn't include wormwood. As far as I know, Absenthe, is still illegal in the U.S.
    No it's the real deal...it's just not on the menu. How the current situation is I wouldn't know since it's been a long while since I've wanted to step into any bar. But about 4 years back I never had much trouble getting it. Paid a pretty penny though for it.

As far as it being illegal in the U.S. quite untrue...you won't find it in liqour stores on the shelf but you can order it. An uncle of mine is fond of it and has orderd various brands throughout the years and had friends ship it over from europe. It's not cheap to buy it direct and shipping is a pain...but you can score it if you want it.

What IS illegal is selling it openly...it's a bit of a catch-22 really. The good ole internet has made buying it even easier in recent years...so if YOU want it...then their is nothing stopping you really.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

I think half my paternal relatives are living in Sydney. But I've never been to Australia. I'll switch places with you for a month.

That would be lovely

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    No it's the real deal...it's just not on the menu. How the current situation is I wouldn't know since it's been a long while since I've wanted to step into any bar. But about 4 years back I never had much trouble getting it. Paid a pretty penny though for it.

As far as it being illegal in the U.S. quite untrue...you won't find it in liqour stores on the shelf but you can order it. An uncle of mine is fond of it and has orderd various brands throughout the years and had friends ship it over from europe. It's not cheap to buy it direct and shipping is a pain...but you can score it if you want it.

What IS illegal is selling it openly...it's a bit of a catch-22 really. The good ole internet has made buying it even easier in recent years...so if YOU want it...then their is nothing stopping you really.
    Thanks for the tip. I would actually like to try the real thing. I'll see what I can come up with on the Internet.

+ Reply to Thread