+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ? Fasting ?

Default ? Fasting ?

Has anybody done an intentional 1 to 3 day juice fast?. I can't find much helpful info on-line. I want to quit smoking cigs the end of this month since I have a week of vacation and thought I'd detox at the same time. Any help would be appreciated.

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

Default Re: ? Fasting ?

i've fasted but that was for religious reasons, I've never had a problem but i find V8 best kind of thing to use during the time

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

How long did you fast for?
    I don't really anticipate problems I just want a better understanding of it since I've never done it before.
    (Everybody I've found on-line wants to sell me a book of a juicer)

Quote Originally Posted by suicidal_tendencies
    Thanks that was truly helpfull. I've been looking to buy a membership to 'ana' support group.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

I once went for three days on nothing more than Monster Drinks. I don't think it was very healthy, but they kept me going the whole time.

The next meal I had after that I puked right up, and couldn't keep anything down for another 12 hrs.

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

if you want to clean out your system its beter to just eat healthy and drink lots of water at least 8 glasses a day. also take vitamins. thats what Im doing right now but Im just doing it to get in shape and get that 6 pack abs. been doing it for the last month and I still smoke but I have noticed a change in the way it tastes and the way it feels. I have been thinking about quiting soon.

think what you want. you asked for help, if you didnt want it you shouldnt have asked

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

v8 and niacin for 2 days...you could eat cake off of your insides

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

I went a whole weke on nothing but sugar....man! the dream I had! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    Has anybody done an intentional 1 to 3 day juice fast?. I can't find much helpful info on-line. I want to quit smoking cigs the end of this month since I have a week of vacation and thought I'd detox at the same time. Any help would be appreciated.
    I fast once a week just as a detox.....Friday after lunch through to Saturday lunch. I hated it initially BUT boy has it made a difference mentally and physically?????????? Plenty of water and vitamins etc. Why are you considering it? Just curious!

First I am not a doctor and have nothing that looks like medical training, talking to a doctor about fasting is not a bad idea.

That being said, if you are going to be having nothing but juice you are likely going to be dehydrated so get a lot of water. Also, be prepared to ease off the fasting. If you go straight from juice only to a chili dog, well the results can be explosive. I honestly cant recomend a type of fasting that takes in that much fiber and has not substance to it. It seems a bit too... locamotive to me. Also I don't recomend drastic changes to the diet when you are trying to quit smoking. I would recomend something a little less drastic for a detox if you so you don't get the double barrel of stress while quitting. Adding fruits and vegitables to any diet is a good thing, and you will be wanting things to chew on if you are not smoking.

Like I said, I am no doctor but I survived 80s metaphysics and most fastig avoided large quantities of high fiber drinks while fasting. There is a fine line between fasting and purging after all.

suicidal_tendencies, are you on PASS?

Bloody. Sorry for the additional posting, I can't edit now for some reason.
    Anyway, to the topic at hand.
    http://www.freedomyou.com/
    Info and stuff, if your'e interested.
    Peace.

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

i read an article on it as a form of detox an weight loss and i considered it spoke with my mum who gave me some medical reason why it was completely unhealthy i forget the reasons
    so ive been drinking lots more water and a smoothie for breakfast and that seems to working quite well saying that i havent been able to afford a drink in about two weeks damn im so sober

purplepixie's Avatar Senior Member

oh righht 1-3 days i was thinking more on the terms of a longer time just ignore me i never read stuff properly 1-3 days would proberly be fine cant see why a couple of days would do any damage guessin youll be damn hungry though this article that i read said something about no longer feelinmg the need to eat after like 4 days

Quote Originally Posted by devil13
    if you want to clean out your system its beter to just eat healthy and drink lots of water at least 8 glasses a day. also take vitamins...
    I eat mad suppliments. Aminos, vitamins, gingseng and licorice root. Vegitarian for ten year, I just feel like my body has poisions in it from drugs, smoking and city living I want to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    Also I don't recomend drastic changes to the diet when you are trying to quit smoking. I would recomend something a little less drastic for a detox if you so you don't get the double barrel of stress while quitting.
    I am really concerned about that in particular. I just can't quit by conventional means.

I figured by totally changing my routine and habits (coffee in the morning, food, booze at night) it would help break that automatic desire for smoking. Is that retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias
    http://www.freedomyou.com/
    Info and stuff, if your'e interested.
    Peace.
    I read some of that site, although I lost interest when it started talking about god and miricles. Some usefull info though, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    I am really concerned about that in particular. I just can't quit by conventional means.

I figured by totally changing my routine and habits (coffee in the morning, food, booze at night) it would help break that automatic desire for smoking. Is that retarded?
    Hanging up habits might be what you need, I can't really say. I am just going on what i have seen with my friends and most relapses I have seen have been stress induced. Maybe a shock to the system is what you need, but just be careful with it. Maybe keep some other things around you will crave during the fast and keep the cigarettes away. Make it easier to break the fsat than to get a cigarette. Just some thoughts, good luck however you do it.

http://www.bluedragonfly.org/welcome.html it has lots of info about different fasts and even has recipes for making different drinks for specific fasts.

+ Reply to Thread