+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A point of view on the deaf

Default A point of view on the deaf

Ok..so i went to the ren fair this weekend..and afterwards went to this little peice of shit restraunt and most of the rennies go there afterwards..well there was this cute chicka there.. but she wasnt talking..all she did was look down at the table and down at her food..and when they gave her the wrong food she didnt say anything.. just picked at it.. i wanted to start a conversation until i realized she was deaf. She was sign languaging her mother. Its not that i wouldnt talk to her because of that.. its i didnt know how to!
    So then i got to thinking..
    im sitting here listening to a bunch of rennies talk about mostly gaming and whatnot and knowing she doesnt hear a thing.. i was trying to put myself in her place and kept thinking/hearing only this lowly hum.. you know that hum often heard in movies...
    i never really thought about it before and i guess it just hit a note..
    anybody else have anything similar? weird topic at 5 in the morn i know.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Default Re: A point of view on the deaf

I grew up with a very good friend who was deaf from birth, so me and my siblings ,as well as many of the other kids in the neighborhood knew sign language. It wasn't until our circle of friends got larger that any of us realized it wasn't so common.

David (my friend) loved to play super loud music, he couldn't hear it, but he could feel it. And from what we understood, he did experience his other senses to a better degree.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

i hear that people who cant see, hear or talk will often times have heightened other senses... like touching that's worth learning sign language in my book.

i guess im a victim of taking the small things for granite :\

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I've always found that deaf people do, in fact, have heightened senses. I believe their overall experience of the world is more vast than many people realize.

OEC

once I met a beautifull girl... an angel and she was deaf.... I was so sorry that I didn't know sign language....

there was these two brothers that were black and they were sign languing each other on the street and a car of ganbangers thought they were throwing gang signs and shot them both dead... its a fucking sad world you know

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    there was these two brothers that were black and they were sign languing each other on the street and a car of ganbangers thought they were throwing gang signs and shot them both dead... its a fucking sad world you know

R U KIDDING ??

Find a link to that one...I gotta see that one.

NO WAY

+ Reply to Thread