+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: disturbing movie scenes?

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Default disturbing movie scenes?

What are some of the most fucked up scenes in movies y'all have seen?

k, me first...

Excorcist -Director's cut- when Ragan runs down the stairs inverted on her hands and feet spewing blood from her mouth.

American History X- Edward Norton 'curbing' the black dude.

Pink Flamingos - the whole damn movie

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: disturbing movie scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by drewblood

American History X- Edward Norton 'curbing' the black dude.
    that was just one at 5am a few nights ago.....and yea,that's such a brutal part...

makes me shiver,and is one of the only scenes in any movie that does that to me...

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

Here Here on the American History X curbing sceen. It sends shivers down my spine every time... and yet for some bizzare reason I feel compelled to watch, and listen for the 'crunch', every time.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Suicide Club, when all the girls jump in front of a subway train, ive never seen so much blood in on move let alone one scene. For those of you who havent seen it check it out you wont regret it

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Those are some of my favorite scenes from those movies. And I have to say, that I didn't find any of them "disturbing". I do recall one scene that I did actually find disturbing in a movie. Prince of Darkness has a scene this guy is standing in the middle of the parking lot, calling out to the people hiding in the church. After his "your all beg for mercy " speech, his body begins to fall apart into hundreds of roaches. It's a very dated movie, but still. Could have been the bugs themselves. But the voice..that voice really freaked me out.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

The bit in "Fight Club" where he shoots himself in the head. I was weirded out for DAYS! I'm better now but that still makes my brain feel like some one's pouring ice water into my head.
    K

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    The bit in "Fight Club" where he shoots himself in the head. I was weirded out for DAYS! I'm better now but that still makes my brain feel like some one's pouring ice water into my head.
    K

omg i so love every single second of that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    K

hell ya... great description. i think what makes that scene so nuts is the intense clicking sounds of the firing mechanisms working and the gun going off.

oh i thought of another one.

that part of New Jack City.... when Ice-T is all bloody n shit at the end and has his gun in some guys face and says 'i want to shoot you so bad my dick is hard."

lmao... i mean what the fuck...

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

i just went to see the exorcism of emily rose.... the part where she's in her dorm room all contorted up and her eyes look totally black... i can't get that out of my head... creepy.

oh yes, and ditto to the american history x vote. as much as i love the movie, i can never watch the curbing scene, it disturbed me enough the first time i saw it.

House of 1000 Corpses, loved the whole thing, now I gotta see the Devils Rejects to see if it is just as good

Not sure if anyone will agree, but this disturbed me in ways that I have trouble explaining. The House on Haunted Hill remake. Not a great movie, but had some fun things in it. The scene where they put Stephen Price, the combo Vincent Price/John Waters role, into the saturation chamber. The idea of what makes a sane man crazy makes a crazy man sane. Like I said, not a great movie, but that scene, the concept alone, disturbed me a great deal.

That and the Preacher from Poltergeist 2 genuinely disturbs me. Just him, not the movie. Watch it, and just focus on his face, how he talks, etc.

I guess that I get more bothered by things with a psychological twist. I like gore too much to be bothered by it.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Canibal Holocaust The Pike Scence

evilassmaster's Avatar Exiled
    Brunswick, Maine... the other white bread

60's movies in general... just... they are responsible for modern perversion.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

this isnt from a movie but its pretty disturbing...but funny at the same time

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vitorro
    House of 1000 Corpses, loved the whole thing, now I gotta see the Devils Rejects to see if it is just as good
    YESSSS!!! thats one of only 3 or 4 movies ever that actually scares me... i havent seen devils rejects either yet but house of 1000 corpses is scary as hell... along with joyride... yeah cheezy i know but still heh... scary.

any movie tho with scenes where people get hit by cars, like in meet joe black, or dreamcatcher... thats just not cool hehe... i have the most horrible nightmares about car accidents like that... ugh.

oh and robot jox... its so bad that its disturbing. seriouslly...look it up... youll laugh your ass off!!

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

Quote Originally Posted by a_small_death
    the bit where the director is grinning and the cameraman says 'watch your face, we're filming'. lets face it, pretty much everything those bastards do is sick, one of my favourite films of all time.

also the **** scene in 'man bites dog' - takes a lot to freak the shit out of me, that fucked with my sleep for a month. then there's the family slaughter in 'henry-portrait of a serial killer', pam on a meathook from texas chain saw massacre, mitsuko from 'battle royale', pretty much everything takashi miike ever directed, rubber johnny, the aphex twin promos for 'windowlicker' and 'come to daddy', the jungle jim scene from 'the birds',

and finally... the most disturbing scene in my experience...

the shit feast/circle of shit section from 'salo'.

i challenge y'all to do better.

RobLongshot's Avatar Smut Peddler

The disturbing part of Devils rejects is that some pretty sick shit was going on, and hte audience was laughing.
    K

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Quote Originally Posted by RobLongshot
    The disturbing part of Devils rejects is that some pretty sick shit was going on, and hte audience was laughing.
    K
    damnit, that was me. Freaking Rob, logging in on my computer...
    K

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

Origionally posted by mmmcherry
    oh and robot jox... its so bad that its disturbing. seriouslly...look it up... youll laugh your ass off!!
    aww... Robot Jox! I totally loved that movie as a kid, something about commanding giant implements of distruction... and of course giant robots, who doesn't want one of those. But I saw it on TV a few weeks ago and it was so lame I couldn't even sit through the first half hour. They even tried to make it all significant by naming the main characters Hector and Achilles.
    Last edited by Spaceman Spiff; 09-24-2005 at 11:07 PM. Reason: brain malfunction

The last house on the left.

Zombie_Fatale's Avatar Senior Member

can't really choose particular scene.. usually I get all hooked by any good occult movie...
    with my imagination no wonder

Baby_Switchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

in "28 Days Later" when Cillian Murphy's character is sticking his thumbs into a guy's eyes while he's still alive, and you see his thumbs in there and the skin around them, and you hear this guy screaming.... *shudder*

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Pet cemetary, when the kid slices herman munsters heel with a scalpel, also the sister from that movie

every movie and every scene with a needle makes me freak out I think I might have phobia on needles.

and in Man bites dog scene where Benoit ***** a woman while her naked husband looks on in horror....

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

Quote Originally Posted by vixta
    also the **** scene in 'man bites dog' - takes a lot to freak the shit out of me, that fucked with my sleep for a month.
    sorry, by '****' i mean the non-consensual copulation between the woman on the table, the career serial killer and the members of the film crew documenting his life. strange that a word is censored.

to be honest i really didn't realise how odd my taste in films was until i saw this thread - perhaps i have really been desensitised to on-screen violence, but i found house of 1000 corpses and the scene in fight club where he shoots himself in the face about as disturbing as a natural yoghurt. i am a bit odd sometimes though, so maybe it's just me.

DARKGYM's Avatar King of the night

The movies the Cell and Strangeland were pretty interesting. I say interesting because they're the two movies that came closest to disturbing me. I've seen alot in life so its pretty hard for me to be disturbed....................maybe I already am.

Clockwork Orange, and the famous "Singing in the Rain" scene.

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

the castration scene in Doom Generation, still freaks me out. weirdly done with strobes and you dont actually see the slice but you hear the sound.

exile

Quote Originally Posted by a_small_death

yeh...fucking... cannibal holocaust!!!

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
    aww... Robot Jox! I totally loved that movie as a kid, something about commanding giant implements of distruction... and of course giant robots, who doesn't want one of those. But I saw it on TV a few weeks ago and it was so lame I couldn't even sit through the first half hour. They even tried to make it all significant by naming the main characters Hector and Achilles.
    HAHAAA... yeah its like an hour and a half or so that i really want back in my life... and my boyfriend loves it and wants me to watch it with him again! *cries* HELP MEEEE!!!!

but omg the cell kicked ass... one of my favorite movies

and omg... natural yoghurt... *squeams* narsty.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    that was just one at 5am a few nights ago.....and yea,that's such a brutal part...

makes me shiver,and is one of the only scenes in any movie that does that to me...
    I watch it almost every day. I love that movie.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by drewblood
    oh i thought of another one.

that part of New Jack City.... when Ice-T is all bloody n shit at the end and has his gun in some guys face and says 'i want to shoot you so bad my dick is hard."

lmao... i mean what the fuck...

I quote that line all the time. One of my favorite lines in cinema! Very few people get the reference.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by grebo
    the castration scene in Doom Generation, still freaks me out. weirdly done with strobes and you dont actually see the slice but you hear the sound.

That scene annoyed me more than it disturbed me. Like I realize there was plenty of foreshadowing and all that, but it seemed to me that they could have just had a melodramatic gothic threesome relationship and that could have been a perfectly acceptable doomy ending, but noooooooooooooooooo, they have to go make that huge castration mess which was totally out of tone with the rest of the movie.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

A film called Deliverance, the "squeal like a pig" scene... Heh! Heh! Good clean All American film there kids....

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    A film called Deliverance, the "squeal like a pig" scene... Heh! Heh! Good clean All American film there kids....
    dueling banjos still creeps me out to this day

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    dueling banjos still creeps me out to this day
    Show me the man who isn't freaked out by Dueling Banjos, and i'll show you a man who lives with his inbreed brother and his sister/wife in the mountains.

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    i have the soundtrack, got it 2nd hand, i love playing dueling banjoes at parties to piss people off. did you know that dueling banjoes was number one in the charts when it was released as a single?

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

The 1986 version of the Fly had quite a few scenes that i found to be really disturbing like the part where hes arm wrestling the trucker guy (if youve seen the movie which ill assume most people have youll know what i mean) the scenes where Jeff Goldblum is falling apart and the most disturbing scene IMO was when his girlfriend has that dream where she gives birth to a fly larva when i was i kid i had nightmares about that.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

oh and BTW Deliverance is one of my all time favorite movies and the book is really really good too.

+ Reply to Thread