+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Makeup Pics I Did From Last Years Halloween Haunted House [Pic intensive]

Default Makeup Pics I Did From Last Years Halloween Haunted House [Pic intensive]

I decided since Halloween is just around the corner i'd share some photos of the makeup jobs me and my g/f did last year for a haunted house. We hate store bought prostetics so we made our own. Enjoy!

This was done by my g/f. It was made by creating a latex paste mixture with cabasol. The mixture was applied in a few layers and then cut out hallow for the effect of torn flesh. Fake blood was dabbed onto the skin with a abrasion sponge pad for the road rashed effect then outlined with black eyeliner for a decaying bruised effect. makeup was then applied to blend in the latex paste with real skin.
    Total application time : 30 minutes

This was also done by my g/f. Same premise as above.. latex mixture for use as fake skin and hallowed out. Then we cut up a old modem board and inserted it and pasted around it. An abrasion sponge was dabbed for the road rage effect and wires were then inserted and super glued on. Makeup was then blended.
    Total application time : 30 minutes

I did this one. A cut up peice of a garbage bag was first cut and adhesived onto the cheek of this client. This gives the effect of a hollowed skull. Same latex paste (we love that stuff) was then applied around the outter edge of the bag and then i mixed up some knox jello to a degree that it stretches. The jello was then put onto the bag and stretched over the nose back and forth many times for a "look my flesh is all over the place" effect. makeup was added and blended and fake blood was brushed over the jello after it hardend to give a shinyer red effect. This picture is an unfinished client though. Airbrushing was added to him after this.
    Total app time : 25 minutes

Same as above but without the stretchy jello.
    Total application time: 40 minutes

This is another one i did. I started with foam makeup sponges and cut them into "bones" and glued them around the eyes. This makes the eye seem like its sticking out farther than usual. Than a see through screen (like those used in halloween masks) was cut and glued around the eye over the bones. A peice of a garbage bag was then cut to the size of he cheek and latex mixture was applied. Then instead of hallowing it out i dug underneath the edges so it looks like the skin is overlapping the skull. Another hallowed effect. Knox jello was applied and brushed with fake blood. More makeup was applied and then airbrushed. (he was a main character so more makeup was needed than usual) The only bad thing i have to say about this client was he never shut up and always wanted to see the progress! lol
    Total Application time: 1 hour 20 minutes.

Well thats pretty much it. We didnt get a chance to do more pictures because we were also running a store and acting at the haunted house so it was time consuming non the least...

Default Re: Makeup Pics I Did From Last Years Halloween Haunted House [Pic intensive]

Holy crizap.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Default Re: Makeup Pics I Did From Last Years Halloween Haunted House [Pic intensive]

Some really nice work there. good to see that I'm not the only horror halloween freak.

ladybug's Avatar Senior Member

wow wee that's great

Zombie_Fatale's Avatar Senior Member

exellent! like a masterpiece - look pretty natural to me...
    argh, I've gotta do smth..

DARKGYM's Avatar King of the night

Some grand fine work you've done there.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

yowza!!!! nice work man.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    thats why you always unplug electronics when your working on them

RobLongshot's Avatar Smut Peddler

great work there.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Good stuff!

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

man, they kick some arse. i must recreate one of those for the 'halloween disco!' at the shite bar i work at. can anyone think of how to work an irish theme into them though? i really want to scare the shit outta the regulars, and it's an irish theme pub...

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

That is some sweet work there, those look pretty damn real.
    *sighs* - remembering all the store-bought fake skin that perpetually fell off, year after year.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Neat.

thats some good work Voldta ,Impressive even

Zombie_Fatale's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by vixta
    man, they kick some arse. i must recreate one of those for the 'halloween disco!' at the shite bar i work at. can anyone think of how to work an irish theme into them though? i really want to scare the shit outta the regulars, and it's an irish theme pub...
    Well, there're many songs like 'Drink from Dusk till Dawn', where's Dead Johnny returned from the grave to have his whiskey...
    Dress them in irish clothes, mind fairies, go like leprachaun, dance some jig
    be Undead irishman

Spuggy Doom's Avatar Junior Member

Amazing!

scabre's Avatar Senior Member
    oh.. im from leeds, (up north in the uk to be precise!)

thats sweet dude

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

oh man that's amazing, my friend got nauscious looking at them =^-^=

evilassmaster's Avatar Exiled
    Brunswick, Maine... the other white bread

man you guys take good care of your shiznat for costumes and stuff...wow

I'm probably gonna make a Master Shake costume for next halloween... but I'll be the only one to get it.

+ Reply to Thread