+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello...kinda new here

Default Hello...kinda new here

Sunkarma mentioned this place to me on another board (if anyone knows who she is).

I'm not really into goth, but I'm not really into modeling either; yet I hang out on some of the boards that relate to it. I'm a regular guy working a regular job with a passion for forums and blogs and the like. I am a TV/Film Nerd, so alot of what I discuss can be geared towards that.

Speaking of which, is "The Crow" geared towards the goth crowd? I always kinda thought it was since it had the look and the music (and the music made Stone Temple Pliots famous).

Matt

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Hello...kinda new here

welcome aboard mathew Sunkarma is the lassie with the nice pictures and this aint like 100% goth site, theres people from all walks of life so its easy to fit in so enjoy your stay

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

Welcome to Blue Blood ...I was raised by TV and I turned out TV.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Welcome and enjoy..........feel free to be goth free.

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

hello there, enjoy your stay. don't worry, we won't bite.... i could run with that, but i'll be good. welcome, at any rate

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I don't think the crow was geared toward the goth crowd, I think it was more geared toward the crowd that likes shitty movies.

it seems to me to be the kind of movie that seems pretty cool the first time you watch it, but every time after that you notice how ridiculous it is, and it just get's lamer and lamer. I feel the same way about american history X, the matrix, and spiderman.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

The brilliant original comic book the movie was based on was super gothic and awesome. James O'Barr, who created The Crow actually did the art for some of our original t-shirts. I should have some of that design printed again sometime. Anyway, yeah, see if you can find the original comic book, it's very cool stuff.

I'll probably go get it. See how much different it is from the movie.

Clifton_Fury's Avatar Member

The comic is brutal. And wayy better than the movie. I find the crow almost cringingly goth... like a marketing dude sat down and checked all the boxes. Batman is a way goth-er movie (I mean the first one obviously...), In my humble opinion. And Batman has a better sense of humour. Shame about the Prince soundtrack tho...

You are right about the Prince soundtrack. Seal should have been in the first Batman movie with his song.

Exiled

its hard to handle with the newbbies, i particulary find that some of the new people is kinda like the lil ol' very stuff

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

Oh, how touching. Your first post. Thus..the cherry has been popped.
    Champagne, anyone?

This board is not all goth, not all fetish, not all...all of anything. We just are who we are, and like what we like, and do what we do, without malice or hatred or judgement or any of that other bullshit that you may find on other boards. Sure, we get confrontational now and then and may ask questions or get a little 'fiesty'...but not in the context that you are used to. So sit back, buckle up, and enjoy the ride into the world of blueblood.
    It's quite comfy here.
    Plus, Scar 13 and Bunny are here....(YUMMY YUMMY...)

As far as TV...I like the classics..."dark shadows" and brit tv are MY faves (Ab fab, the young ones, monty python, etc). Of course as far as movies, I am partial to Japanese Horror. If I want sappy 3 hour long romances, I look at Bollywood hindi movies. That's entertainment for me.
    All I look at on regular tv is Curb your Enthusiasm, Rome, Girls Next Door (sad, sad, sad), and Desperate Housewives.
    ---Ok, that is sad....but that is what I watch---

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I don't think the crow was geared toward the goth crowd, I think it was more geared toward the crowd that likes shitty movies.
    Ahahahahaha, you always cracks me up. Such snappy lines!

Anyway, hi, welcome.

+ Reply to Thread