+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recomend me something please :)

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default Recomend me something please :)

okay, i'm sure most of remember there was a really cool member here who asked for suggestions on cds based off what other people thought was their favorites. (I am sorry I cannot remember your name at the moment. ) well I am asking the same, please suggest your favorite cd or two and what about them you love so much, after a few days I will pick a couple albums based on your seggestions to add to my collection. remember, this is about your taste not mine.

Default Re: Recomend me something please :)

Laibach -Wat-
    Schliessen das populare lied mitein 'Tanz Mit Laibach'

One of my favorites.
    Last edited by Toe Cutter; 10-17-2005 at 06:27 AM. Reason: error

my collection is sooo varied. I need a general direction of what you like or at least what you hate.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

"Kiss Me Goodbye" by Petulia Clark!!!

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

any record by wolf eyes
    ditto lightning bolt
    bad moon rising, daydream nation, goo, washing machine or nyc ghosts and flowers by sonic youth
    soft bulletin or clouds taste metallic by the flaming lips
    worlds apart or madonna by ...and you will know us by the trail of dead
    michigan haters by sightings
    .ky by lemon jelly

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Exodus :: Tempo of the Damned (i found this little treasure on accident. to this day, I'm still not sure how the hell I got it but its a really good CD)
    Arch Enemy :: Doomsday Machine (its a lot different sounding than their last CD, but thats good, because their last CD kinda soundede really mainstream, and sucky.)
    NIN :: Pretty Hate Machine (IMO their best CD)

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Mindless Self Indulgence :: Frankenstien ****s will seem stranglely sexy... Good music to just let loose...
    Rammstein :: Schenschuct (sp)
    Hanzel Und Gretel :: Uber Allez... Angry german music is good to screw to

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

I'm not really sure what you're into and my opinion is a little biased because I'm in kind of a punk rock phase for music right now. Having said that, the new Social Distortion album Sex, Love, and Rock 'n' Roll is good, its more rock than punk and it has a nice flow. Also the Distillers last album Coral Fang is really good, again good continunity and sound. Sorry I'm really thinking inside the box on this one, but maybe those are just what you're looking for.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

for the people just posting titles, could you give a little explanation as to what makes it a great cd?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i think your refering to my Pimp Your Favorite Band thread from a while back, anyways heres my recomendation

Horrorpops--Bring It On

if youve checked uot the band before youl dig it and if your new to the band im sure youl be into em as well, they have a nice mix of popy sounding tunes and just flat out rock n roll attitude. they also kinda have a new wave type sound wich i realy dig. a few of my favorite tracks form this particular album that i liked were , S.O.B, Walk Like a ZOmbie, Freaks In Uniforms, and Crawl Straight Home. two thumbs up

js00000's Avatar Member

Kvist : For Kunsten Må Vi Evig Vike

RobLongshot's Avatar Smut Peddler

Legacy of Hate And Lust -Leaether Strip

anything Funker Vogt!

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

any John Prine album, hes my all time favorite artist. I love folk music and story telling songs and he is one of the best. He has alot of up beat and funny songs and also slower more thought provoking ones. He's songs are great for grabbing out guitars and having sing a longs around a camp fire or during a kitchen party.

also Disturbed's new album 10, 000 Fists is really good. After the long wait since their last cd, it was definately worth it.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

A couple of my favorite albums currently. (This is always subject to change.)

Ten New Songs by Leonard Cohen Gorgeous song writing. If you don't know his music he has a very deep gravel voice. Soothing and thought provoking. My personal favorite song is 'Boogie Street'.

Rise Above: 24 Black Flag Songs to Benefit the West Memphis Three I LOVE Black Flag. And this album is one of the best things they've done under the Black Flag name. All star ass kicking renditions of their classics. And it's starts out with Chuck D and Black Flag. There is nothing fucking cooler than that. Mike Patton doing 'Six Pack' is great. Lemmy doing 'Thirsty and Miserable' is fucking amazing. And it's for a good cause.

More if you want.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by Bondage Clown
    Mindless Self Indulgence :: Frankenstien ****s will seem stranglely sexy... Good music to just let loose...
    Rammstein :: Schenschuct (sp)
    Hanzel Und Gretel :: Uber Allez... Angry german music is good to screw to
    Here's a scary moment for me..I agree with the clown

There is never a bad time to listen to some angry germans screaming to the beat.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by Nudemuse
    one of the best things they've done under the Black Flag name...
    ... playing without any of the members of the band. haha

Ok in fairness, they have one song featuring a member other then rollins. but as far as im concerend it should be called Henry Rollins covers Black Flag songs with other artists... since when does he get sole credit for that band?

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Tool, Lateralus
    don't listen to the poseurs who rag on this; listen to the music.

Radiohead, OK Computer
    "Paranoid Android", hell yes. "When I am king you will be first against the wall.."

Juno Reactor, Luciana
    a darkwave-ambient album; one track, which goes for just over an hour. a little hard to describe: the sound of giant underground throbbing engines, perhaps.

Primus, Pork Soda
    boy, he sure can whap that bass guitar!

faultofhumanity's Avatar Member

Third Eye Blind - Semi Charmed Kinda Life
    "I'm packed and I'm holding she's golden she lives for me, says she lives for me ovation her own motivation she comes round and she goes down on me, and i'll smile like a drug for you do ever what you wanna do comin over you keep on smilin what you go through its the rythym that divides you and i'll speak to you like the chorus to the verse, drop another line like a coda with a curse coming like a freak show takes the stage givin the games she plays and says i want something else, to get me through this semi charmed kinda life baby baby and i want something else, not listening when you say goodbye. the sky was gold it was rose i was taking sips of it through my nose ... etc..

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Floater...any album..Angels in the flesh Devils in the bone, Glyph, Alter, Burning Sosobra

they are a totally different sound....they actually tell amazing stories in their music...Im totally a groupie

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

any record by wolf eyes - they're an amazing and intense band who deserve your time. anyone who says 'that just noise' should be slapped about the face and made to listen to them some more. Burned mind is probably their most accessible and easily available release.

ditto lightning bolt - a drummer and a bass player who sound fuller than many many bands, i'd recommend wonderful rainbow as a starting point.

bad moon rising, daydream nation, goo, washing machine or nyc ghosts and flowers by sonic youth. i refuse to justify sonic youth. they could have been huge, they chose instead to be good. if you don't like them you should at least respect them for having the sheer balls to go where others refuse to because they're worried it might not 'cross over'

soft bulletin or clouds taste metallic by the flaming lips. Aural prozac that pulls you mouth into a grin.

worlds apart or madonna by ...and you will know us by the trail of dead are both hugely rocking records and if they don't stir your soul you need immediate medical treatment. they might not be particularly extreme, but they fucking rock.

.ky by lemon jelly. Aural electronic prozac. what do you do in the bath?

the faust tapes by faust, lovely long trippy krautrock that visits a few odd places in your brain.

+ Reply to Thread