+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Emo Kids

Bedlamite

Default Re: Emo Kids

I'd say the same sosiety that created Emo, is responsible for Dr. John Grohol's Self Help Quizzes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    *Puts on kilt and whomps both your asses without trying*

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
    I rolled around on the floor laughing at this.

Clifton_Fury's Avatar Member

This is great! Emo bashing is so fun and humane. In fact, I think they like looking ridiculous and being mocked... It gives them something else to cry about in thier darkened bedrooms. Has anyone else noticed how they describe themselves as 'alternative' yet all have that same 'toni and guy' core hairstyle with the assymetric fringe and all the coloured streaks? And why do the girls all dress like they are at a wife swapping party in Surrey circa 1974? And those dumb pointy boots! And the denim skirt leggings combo! And the tight jeans! The fucking tight jeans! Oh, the humanity! In my eyes, they are all just 'scenesters', jumping onto the latest hip new craze whilst they are living with their parents, biding their time until its mortgage/marriage/kids time and they can work in insurance or banking, and laugh at the 'stuff we used to wear when we were kids'. They will all still be stuck with thier full sleeves (one arm only) and stretched ears. A little souvenir to stupidity. Sorry for the rant, but I wrk in a record store and have to serve these 'more alternative than thou' tossers every day. And can I mention the theft? Studded belts are now 'emo'. Skulls and skeletons are now 'emo'. Halloween is now 'emo'. Black clothes are 'emo'. Converse, ska checks, tattoos, piercings are all now fucking 'emo'. They dont have an identity, so they crib the best bits from every other culture. Phew.

Clifton

Oh, and by the way i'm British too. Technically English, but I dont consider myself 'English' because the government never did anything for me except destroying my home town. I am a child of thatcher's britain, so forgive me for not being particularly proud of my heritage. And thats the end of my essay

misstayva's Avatar Professional Nose-Picker

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton_Fury
    'toni and guy' core hairstyle

HAHAHAHAHA!

RobLongshot's Avatar Smut Peddler

ya gotta shoot them in the head. destroy their rotting brain, it seems to be the only way to stop them.

nah their malnourished bodies are so skinny that one blast from your sawed off shot gun will completely destroy the trunk of the body, there'll be nothing left except match stick arms, and legs, and that stupid hairdo... um... wait... on second though...

IF YOU KILL THE HAIR THE REST WILL DIE!!!

scalp 'em!

and again, I don't know if they're emo...BUT MAN I FUCKING HATE DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE!!!!!

sorry to scream... I just hate 'em is all...

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

They are what my brother refers to as the the Ridelen Kids. all they need is a good swift kick in the ass and a few months away from the box.

Yeah, why can't they dress cool like we did in the 70's, 80's and 90's. We never had stupid haircuts and said stupid things when we were kids which is why no one ever makes fun of those decades. We never thought that neon, nylon or flannel were fashion. We never listened to stupid music everyone said was just watered down versions of a what our parents listened to. We never did what other people hated just to be cool or piss them off.

Seriously, when did my dad take over this board?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    nah their malnourished bodies are so skinny that one blast from your sawed off shot gun will completely destroy the trunk of the body, there'll be nothing left except match stick arms, and legs, and that stupid hairdo... um... wait... on second though...

IF YOU KILL THE HAIR THE REST WILL DIE!!!

scalp 'em!

and again, I don't know if they're emo...BUT MAN I FUCKING HATE DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE!!!!!

sorry to scream... I just hate 'em is all...
    Haha yeah, they're like centipedes. You have to kill the head. Otherwise, they're just regenerate the missing parts, or into other little emo shits.

Exiled

isnt blue blood a community of masochist emo? umm i guess i got my ol' phillipino head in the wrong place

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem

Seriously, when did my dad take over this board?
    Haha, I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I thought "We sound like a bunch of old squares"... and was considering how most of us look! Haha...

BAH!! they're emo kids...

vapid, vapid, vapid...

they would never be into doing something like making a death cab for cutie razor wire burrito...

the twerps!!!

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Haze
    So yah, what is withthis generation of kids, all of the new teenagers, every single one has some kind of depression , self esteem problem. What do you think could be the cause of this?
    I think idiots like you are the problem.

P I L O T's Avatar Senior Member

emo kids beat the shit of people

or themselves or something,.. I've witnessed it.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

*I am hiding, nad dreaming of the Old "New Wave"'rs to come back, and kick the shit out of Emo kids.. this was not the vision that the Cure and Devo were trying to lead us to...

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by misstayva
    Haha, I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I thought "We sound like a bunch of old squares"... and was considering how most of us look! Haha...
    Well, there is that. On the other hand, Goth culture is also a culture of cattyness, bashing, gossip, and putting the new kid's through the wringer. Don't worry, they'll be something new for us to hate, and the emo's won't be so bad. No...They'll still be bad.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yeah i can't stand all these kids that are allways whining about how they so depressed while going to hot topic and dropping fat cash so they can be stylish..

oh wait, we're not talking about Goth? my bad.

today it's called emo... back in the day they used to just call it being a teenager. every single one of us though that we were so cool and rebellous and the fate of the world rested on the stupid shit that we did when we were 16, admit it. no one over 21 acts like that, and if they do it's just because they are a pedi and they just play the part so they can hang around the youngins.

sure I hate em, but I found that if you don't hang out at the mall and at trendy corporate record stores and trendy corporate clothing stores and trendy corporate music shows, then the problem dissapears.

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    sure I hate em, but I found that if you don't hang out at the mall and at trendy corporate record stores and trendy corporate clothing stores and trendy corporate music shows, then the problem dissapears.
    You, sir, are a wonderful man; I say it again. I mean, there's definatley similarities between Goth and Emo-- depressiveness, for one, and another good example is how many class the band Him as either genre-- and the Hot Topic "goths" who listen to them equally make me want to kill.

The thing is, in my area, there's four types of people. Chavs, Emo, Mundanes, and the little group of people I truly enjoy the company of. Mundanes are fine, we just don't deal with each other often. The other two sets make me feel sick to my stomach-- and you can find the shits anywhere, like roaches. I can't avoid them...

Feel the love, folks.

thats cool I guess, just watch out for the morlocks.

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

chavs *judders*

had to come into this conversation somewhere

RobLongshot's Avatar Smut Peddler

hot topic goths = same level as emo kids.

you guys are far too trendy for me,.. what is this "morlock"? I'm guessing it's the guys with dread locks,.. am I right? what is a "hot topic goth" does shopping at hot topic make you this "goth" you speak of? Can I buy into this "goth" of which you speak? I've never heard the word be used in th context you give it.
    What is a "gothpunk"?

ps -- is rap cool?

what is a "metal head"?

what is a "hardcore kid"?

what is a "poser"?

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

the bomb diggity, word

[not defending emo kids at all]

i was just noticing the earlier post criticizing "tighter than tight pants" .... umm, maybe im wrong but isnt a huge part of the punk look some tight-ass black jeans (a-la ramones)?

...just wondering, not defending.... sorry

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

I believe there IS a difference between the tight pants you're thinking of and the tighter than tight ones worn by Emo's.
    ...and if I'm wrong, then I say the Emo kids stole the look from punks to help emphasize their own sick and miserable look...the theiving bastards

the bomb diggity, word

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
    I believe there IS a difference between the tight pants you're thinking of and the tighter than tight ones worn by Emo's.
    ...and if I'm wrong, then I say the Emo kids stole the look from punks to help emphasize their own sick and miserable look...the theiving bastards
    lol.... i never thought of it that way.... thanks for clearing things up at least they picked a decent thing to steal (punk style..... well in my opinion[which will probably be attacked in subsequent posts])

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

also the tight pants emo kids tend to wear, are girls lowrider jeans . not so punk if you ask me

It has come to my attention that the kid formerly known as my brother is an emo fag. *dies a little in side*
    K

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

its ok lady K i have one in my family as well, my former cousin whom i used to be best buds with. we should start a suport group or something

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    its ok lady K i have one in my family as well, my former cousin whom i used to be best buds with. we should start a suport group or something
    Hold me ! Lol!

K

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Only an intervention will save them...eye contact is important and so is a forcefull voice.

If all else fails though...just take their sweater or band tee from a band they don't really like but everyone says is cool.

+ Reply to Thread