+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blue Blood Tea Drinkers Unite!!!!!

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Default Blue Blood Tea Drinkers Unite!!!!!

So we BlueBlood tea drinkers sort of hi-jacked that other thread talking about tea, so I think TEA deserves it's own thread!!

Today's tea drinking tip: I warm the milk (whole milk first), so it is hot, and THEN put it in the tea, so it stays hot!!! Just fabulous!

Right now I am drinking the Assam tea, which is just the best! Thank you for the suggestion, I am almost out and have to get more. It is REALLY hard to find Assam tea in USA, so far I have only found one store, and it is expensive, but worth it!

Oh, regarding the Jasmine tea, I think Jasmine has SOME caffeine, maybe not much. It makes a nice sachet.

Isn't this a posh thread???

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Blue Blood Tea Drinkers Unite!!!!!

damn im drinking this realy great tea right now but i dont know what its called, its some plant my grandma grows in her garden, kinda looks like tall grass but with yellow flowers. Its good stuff has sortof a minty taste, i bring a years suply from my grandmas farm evry year, if only i knew what it was called

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    damn im drinking this realy great tea right now but i dont know what its called, its some plant my grandma grows in her garden, kinda looks like tall grass but with yellow flowers. Its good stuff has sortof a minty taste, i bring a years suply from my grandmas farm evry year, if only i knew what it was called
    Cammomile? Peppermint? Deadly Nightshade?....

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i realy dont know what its called but its good my grandma calls it "yierbaniz" im not sure i spelled it right lol if only i knew what its called in english

I've read that you're supposed to pour the hot tea over the milk...that way it scorches the milk. Creates a different taste than pouring the milk into the tea...or something....

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I love tea. I wish my tea pot wasn't in Fla with the rest o my crap. I'd fire up a big ol pot of harvest tea and make the house smell like christmas and cloves. It might help ot have my tea cups too. *sigh* tea envy (I think it's green).

K

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    I love tea. I wish my tea pot wasn't in Fla with the rest o my crap. I'd fire up a big ol pot of harvest tea and make the house smell like christmas and cloves. It might help ot have my tea cups too. *sigh* tea envy (I think it's green).

K

That sounds good! I have never tried harvest tea... I know I need a teapot and cups, but I don't think I could fit them in my kitchen. Maybe if I store them in the oven, except I already have the plates and pots in there!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PanicQueen
    I've read that you're supposed to pour the hot tea over the milk...that way it scorches the milk. Creates a different taste than pouring the milk into the tea...or something....
    I will try that!

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

I pour milk into tea, but that's me. Warming it's a new one on me, though it sounds like a reasonable idea <3

Trying to find some more Ceylon of late. So hard to find! So deliscious! Light, but flavourful. Anyone here actually stand Darjeeling?

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    That sounds good! I have never tried harvest tea... I know I need a teapot and cups, but I don't think I could fit them in my kitchen. Maybe if I store them in the oven, except I already have the plates and pots in there!!!!
    Harvest tea is hard to get with out going ot denver and getting some from The Harvest resturaunt. They don't do mail orders anymore (whuch blows) but the tea is awesome.

At the moment I'm drinking migraine tea which is also awesome cause it makes me better. I believe in herbal teas. Need to start hunting down more varieties though, really get full swing into this tea thing. Prolly make a good time killer.

K

the bomb diggity, word

I work in a coffee shop and all day I make coffee/espresso/machiatto/capuccino ... etc (with all the other crap in there like red eyes and americanos) BUT the one thing I enjoy most about my day is that I get to drink Tea for free all day because so few customers actually order it.
    Mango Ceylon is my current favorite with liquorish pepperment coming in a close second. The shop I work at actually has a drink called "the zenmaster" which is japanese green tea with a shot of vanilla [this is the best drink ever, in the world, ever, 4 all eternity]

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

mmm, tea.... i may have to go make some now, a nice cup of earl grey.. i miss my tea, i work in a bookstore with a cafe now so i've been drinking more coffee lately. after reading this thread i may have to switch back to tea!

that zenmaster stuff sounds really good....

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Harvest tea is hard to get with out going ot denver and getting some from The Harvest resturaunt. They don't do mail orders anymore (whuch blows) but the tea is awesome.

At the moment I'm drinking migraine tea which is also awesome cause it makes me better. I believe in herbal teas. Need to start hunting down more varieties though, really get full swing into this tea thing. Prolly make a good time killer.

K
    MIGRAINE TEA!!!! you must tell me what this is
    i get PMS migraines from some kinds of birth control stuff... im starting a new kind next week and im really really really hoping they dont give me migraines... the only thing that gets rid of them is if i take a tylenol 3 and go pass out...

Quote Originally Posted by peoplejudgeme
    I work in a coffee shop and all day I make coffee/espresso/machiatto/capuccino ... etc (with all the other crap in there like red eyes and americanos) BUT the one thing I enjoy most about my day is that I get to drink Tea for free all day because so few customers actually order it.
    Mango Ceylon is my current favorite with liquorish pepperment coming in a close second. The shop I work at actually has a drink called "the zenmaster" which is japanese green tea with a shot of vanilla [this is the best drink ever, in the world, ever, 4 all eternity]
    what is this mango ceylon you speak of? this sounds AWESOME!
    for a long time i was obsessed with fruity herbal teas, especially the ones from tetley... but stash makes a really good mango passionfruit one... *drool* i should get some more of that...

Chai tea. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by cheinara wraithwalker
    You said it...Mmmmmmmmmmm

Yummy! Everything sounds so good! I just want to go out and buy every kind of tea!!!

K
    That's great that the migraine tea makes you better. Herbs can really cure all kinds of things, the old fashioned way. I have this tea (which they mix with the caffeine oolong), and it has all kinds of helpful herbs that heal everything.) I try to drink this most of the time!

Quote Originally Posted by skintwisterman
    I pour milk into tea, but that's me. Warming it's a new one on me, though it sounds like a reasonable idea <3

Trying to find some more Ceylon of late. So hard to find! So deliscious! Light, but flavourful. Anyone here actually stand Darjeeling?

Ceylon is actually really easy to find here in the states, it's the Assam that is hard to find. But I am almost out of it (drinking Assam right now!)

I like Darjeeling, it's kind of bitter, but I like it.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Here in France, Lipton makes a tea with a bunch of citrus fruits including grapefruit. It rocks. Assam is relatively easy to get here, there's a bunch of tea salons and a place that sells tea and what to boil or drink it in. You have to make your own chai here. So my grandma's sending it to me. Most of the teas here come from the middle east, or Russia, plus of course China and India.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer

Isn't this a posh thread???
    As a matter of fact, yes it is.... I'm even operating the mouse with my little finger stuck out whilst I read the thread, it's that posh!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic Vampire
    As a matter of fact, yes it is.... I'm even operating the mouse with my little finger stuck out whilst I read the thread, it's that posh!

Fabulous Darling!!!! That's the spirit!!!

the bomb diggity, word

Quote Originally Posted by cheinara wraithwalker
    Chai is nice, but I prefer Chai Latte's with 1/4 hot water, 3/4 steamed milk and a full portion of Chai powder......... YUM!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic Vampire

More about poshness, the term "Blue Blood" is a very posh term. It is supposed to mean royalty!!!

So we are the royalty baby!!!

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

I prefer The oriental teas myself... green, black, chai, Tea Leoni, (hee hee)

OO I love chai. The lil coffee shop up the way makes the best chai slushies (iced and blended).

mmmmcherry~~ Alvita's REMETEAS Migra-Wonder. feverfew, white willow bark (precursor to asprin), ginger, green tea and orange. I get mine at the Vitamin Shoppe and stir in one spoonful of clover honey. Makes things all better.

K

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

God damn how I love tea but i use cold milk in my tea so that it's not so hot that I can't drink it. I miss my insane assortment of tea that i get back home. I can't find half the things we have home here in america and it saddens me. Like rum vanilla, I love rum vanilla. Then there are a lot of carribbean tea companies that make really good fruit teas like mago orange etc. And hey looky I'm back =P

OO I love chai. The lil coffee shop up the way makes the best chai slushies (iced and blended).

mmmmcherry~~ Alvita's REMETEAS Migra-Wonder. feverfew, white willow bark (precursor to asprin), ginger, green tea and orange. I get mine at the Vitamin Shoppe and stir in one spoonful of clover honey. Makes things all better.

K
    *drool* that actually sounds really tasty. i dont think we have a vitamin shoppe anywhere near me but ill check it out *hugs*

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

heyyyy badkittyamy, haven't seen ya in a while, welcome back!

as Im from about the mason dixon line, its mint juileps or a good iced tea, but if I have a hot tea, its green tea or nothin. milk in tea?? now thats something Ive never tried. just two lumps please

HI welcome back, would you like some tea? HAH... sorry that was lame... *wanders off to make green tea*

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    HI welcome back, would you like some tea? HAH... sorry that was lame... *wanders off to make green tea*
    wha?? hey now!! no sneakin up on Me like that, oh and bring Me a cup would ya?

HAHA aww sorry hun... you can have some tea too
    green tea with rogers golden syrup in it is soooo good...

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

I buy this Chinese Licorice tea that is great. Not so good when sweetend, but I have read it's very good for all sorts of stomach illnesses. It is also a very tasty drink, I prefer it cold.

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    I dunno about you but that tea looks like monkey pee.

I think their may be a quality control issue. Also I don't think I want my tea picked by a creature that secretly plots my demise.

well we did take away their inheritance.

they didnt count on evolution, silly monkeys

awwww monkeys are cute.
    so are penguins i went to get some tea today at esquires beside my work... and bought a penguin. for like 8 bucks! hes so cute with his little bug eyes...
    and got some really good tea too... berry black darjeeling tea! very tastylicious.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    awwww monkeys are cute.
    so are penguins i went to get some tea today at esquires beside my work... and bought a penguin. for like 8 bucks! hes so cute with his little bug eyes...
    and got some really good tea too... berry black darjeeling tea! very tastylicious.

its illegal to trade on the black market you know :| you'll have animal rights activists all over you soon!

its okay im taking good care of my penguin. right now hes watching over my jamiekins while he sleeps
    creepy hey? a penguin is watching my boyfriend sleep...

+ Reply to Thread