+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Go Ask Ogre

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Go Ask Ogre

I recently read a little blurb in Music Matters Magazine about a new book, GO ASK OGRE: LETTERS FROM A DEATHROCK CUTTER. Surprise surprise the title caught my attention. So I read on, and found out that one of Ogre's fan's (she calls him her idol) wrote him HUNDRED'S of letters about her suicidal fantasies, depression problems etc. and 10 years later he mailed them back to her. He saved them for 10 YEARS! Who knows how he even found the girl after all that time. Anyways, I think the book sounds kind of interesting, I am sure it will hit close to home for me as I was once a depressed teenager myself. I am looking forward to reading it. has anyone else heard about this book??????

Default Re: Go Ask Ogre

yea i heard about it about 4 years ago. she has a website but i forgot what it is.

really?!?!? I wonder why they JUST put out an article right now??

Website
    This is the website i was talking about seeing 4 years ago. There used to be photos up of her and ogre when they met but apparently they are not there anymore.

Ah, yes, I did a search and found it. Well, despite the fact that it has been around for a while I am glad I found out about it. So I take it you have not read it??

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Haha, lemme get this straight. He didn't answer the letters, he just sent them back to her after a decade? THAT is comedy folks.

If you understood oGre you'd know he is a fucking nutbag. But i love em. They are my fav band pretty much. I have the SP tattooed on my arm LOL im a loser!

scar- no i havent read it.

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

Sounds interesting, I will look for it. Thats awesome that he saved them, and mailed them all back. I have been writing a friend daily for about 6 years, I dotn know if I would want them all back though...

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    Haha, lemme get this straight. He didn't answer the letters, he just sent them back to her after a decade? THAT is comedy folks.
    Not seeing the comedy...at least not when you think about it. It would have been a REALLY bad idea if he had written back for a variety of reasons. The legal ramifications aside it was probably best to just let the girl vent and sort it out herself than for him to give even the best of advice and guidence. Obviously it helped her.

It's an interesting story...I'll have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Not seeing the comedy...at least not when you think about it. It would have been a REALLY bad idea if he had written back for a variety of reasons. The legal ramifications aside it was probably best to just let the girl vent and sort it out herself than for him to give even the best of advice and guidence. Obviously it helped her.

It's an interesting story...I'll have to check it out.
    Well I find people who do that goofy shit a lot funnier than most.

that goofy shit got her a book deal though

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by kellie
    I dont know if I would want them all back though...

Having been a big letter writer for a long time..I have to agree fully with kellie on this one. I would not, ever, want to get back some of the letters I have sent out to come back.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scar
    I recently read a little blurb in Music Matters Magazine about a new book, GO ASK OGRE: LETTERS FROM A DEATHROCK CUTTER. Surprise surprise the title caught my attention. So I read on, and found out that one of Ogre's fan's (she calls him her idol) wrote him HUNDRED'S of letters about her suicidal fantasies, depression problems etc. and 10 years later he mailed them back to her. He saved them for 10 YEARS! Who knows how he even found the girl after all that time. Anyways, I think the book sounds kind of interesting, I am sure it will hit close to home for me as I was once a depressed teenager myself. I am looking forward to reading it. has anyone else heard about this book??????
    Sounds like a cool book! I guess we were all depressed teenagers, is it the hormones?

I know this is a different subject, but what happened with you and the boy?

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    that goofy shit got her a book deal though
    That's not funny though. THAT is the sad part.

Ugh, me and the boy. He blew me off and never calle again then came up to me on Halloween and said he got back together with his other ex and then I talked shit to her all night because once a year I get beligerantly drunk and think I have balls of steel and get confrontational. It was so stupid of me, it's not even her fault and she is just in the same boat being a dumb chick like me, but I still secretly hate her. I am lucky I didn't get kicked out of the Bondage Ball, i totally spit my drink all over her and then she pulled my wig off. Jerry Springer Style.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Ugh, me and the boy. He blew me off and never calle again then came up to me on Halloween and said he got back together with his other ex and then I talked shit to her all night because once a year I get beligerantly drunk and think I have balls of steel and get confrontational. It was so stupid of me, it's not even her fault and she is just in the same boat being a dumb chick like me, but I still secretly hate her. I am lucky I didn't get kicked out of the Bondage Ball, i totally spit my drink all over her and then she pulled my wig off. Jerry Springer Style.
    HAHA that's great, I wouldve loved to have seen it....you couldve taken her, im sure of it

Ah! That is brilliant!! I know I wish you had this on film!!! Amelia, get the camera!!! We have to get the Blue Blood models fighting on camera DVD!!!!

But what a pig!! God men are so horrible... Well you know he is just doing it on purpose so he can feel important. This is the only way he can feel important...

I know but it was suck a long drawn out story I wish it could've ended better. Like with him just telling me he just wanted to be friends. Tha tis the part of the relationship I valued most anyways, why couldn't we have at least preserved that part?? I need to do a wrestling video soon or something and get all my aggressions out.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Ah! That is brilliant!! I know I wish you had this on film!!! Amelia, get the camera!!! We have to get the Blue Blood models fighting on camera DVD!!!!

But what a pig!! God men are so horrible... Well you know he is just doing it on purpose so he can feel important. This is the only way he can feel important...
    You have SERIOUS issues with men and I feel legitimately bad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    But what a pig!! God men are so horrible...
    not all men are horrible nor "pigs"
    not all women are the light of day either so..

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

sweeping generalization alert!

RobLongshot's Avatar Smut Peddler

sooo... baack to the book, heard about it a little while back. sounds really cool and i wanna check it out.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

so let me get this straight she wrote him letters, then ten years later he sent them back, now she's publishing a book of letters about being a depressed teenager... don't we allready have that? it's called Livejournal.

lol Morning Glory

i dunno, could be interesting but chances are its the same deppressed teenage mumbo, i went thru it, he went through it, she went through it, the damn neighbors cat went through it!

exile

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    so let me get this straight she wrote him letters, then ten years later he sent them back, now she's publishing a book of letters about being a depressed teenager... don't we allready have that? it's called Livejournal.

I know but it was suck a long drawn out story I wish it could've ended better. Like with him just telling me he just wanted to be friends. Tha tis the part of the relationship I valued most anyways, why couldn't we have at least preserved that part?? I need to do a wrestling video soon or something and get all my aggressions out.
    Well, maybe it will sort itself out. Sometimes situations change, and time goes by and maybe you will end up with him at some point. I mean, come on, he is going to break up with the new girl, you know that... So maybe he will come back. Sometimes they come back, and it's the right time, and everything works out.

It happened to me., it just took a long time, years. If it's meant to be, it will happen.

OK, not all men do suck. Just the one's I fall for. Lots of my girl friends suck too and I would never wish them into a relationship (cause they treat their boys like shit). It's just when I am pissed off I decide all men suck. But I know is't not true :-)

Jen- no. It's never happening. People only get so many chances. I am giving up.

I still have yet to read the book, but it is kinda funny that he mailed them back years later. The humor of the situation had not occured to me at first :-)

Lots of my girl friends suck too
    ...yes...and that's why we love 'em...

...but if you make us a Scar 13 calendar we promise to love you forever, and stay far away... (who needs to stalk when we can just wait another month, and see a new pin up)

OK, not all men do suck. Just the one's I fall for. Lots of my girl friends suck too and I would never wish them into a relationship (cause they treat their boys like shit). It's just when I am pissed off I decide all men suck. But I know is't not true :-)

Jen- no. It's never happening. People only get so many chances. I am giving up.

I still have yet to read the book, but it is kinda funny that he mailed them back years later. The humor of the situation had not occured to me at first :-)

dont worry, ill let you make it upo to me

+ Reply to Thread