+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Awakening

gothic rose's Avatar Senior Member

Default Awakening

For anyone that knows about vampire awakenings, and other things on or around this subject. What can you tell me? Like ways to deal with the thirst, the hightened senses, the new sensitivity to the sun, ect.... This is for people that know what they are talking about, not for the non-belivers. Please be serious cause I need help and suggestions not mean comments and harassment. Thanks to sunkarma for the website it helped, and thanks to Angel Slayer for telling me how to post a thread.

Default Re: Awakening

I never heard of it and I never believed it's possible.... can you add some more info.... like what's happening and post that website....

Sure here is the web site

http://sanguinarius.org/

my personal awakening, apperantly has just started, I have had troubel sleeping during normal hours, sensitivity to the sun (i burn very easily and get headachs, i also need to wear sunglasses outside), i also have phisical cravings for blood ( i feel weak if i don't feed) And well alot of things here is some of the info i have collected :Something that all awakening vampires should know is that they should ONLY tell those with an open mind. I learned this the hard way. And they also need to not be scared to admit what they are to themselves. It's all right to talk to really close and open minded friends about awakening. I did and found out one of my friends was awakening as well and two other ones are awakening right now. But they should only tell someone whom they trust and who is open minded.
    And as for donors... I, personally, was way to shy to ever ask if I could feed off donors who said I was more than welcome to. DON'T BE THIS WAY! IT WILL DRIVE YOU INSANE. All I could think about was the blood I let go; it was so horrible it brought me to tears.
    Awakening: 
    The physical and mental changes that occur when someone awakens to their latent vampire nature. The awakening typically occurs during or shortly after the onset of puberty, but in some individuals may take years to manifest. Those undergoing the awakening, undergo various mental and physical changes. These changes often include an increased sensitivity to light and particularly to sunlight, a growing affinity for night and darkness, having one's circadian rhythm become inverted and switching from a nocturnal to a diurnal sleeping schedule, and experiencing the first symptoms of the thirst. Many experience acute feelings of isolation and alienation during this process, as their changing nature distances them increasingly from their "normal" family and friends. Many seek out organizations or groups to help understand their desires and newfound feelings. (See also "turning")
    Turned:
    Another term for becoming a vampire. Some groups believe that ordinary people can be turned into vampires, but this is most likely a misinterpretation of the awakening process. The method for this turning varies from group to group, but generally involves a rite of blood or energy exchange between the vampire and the person to be turned. If someone appears to have been turned, he or she was most likely a latent vampire to begin with. See also "awakening", "latent vampire
    Sanguinarian:
    Someone who has a physical thirst, need, craving for blood (which is non-erotic in nature) in more significant quantity than is generally required or desired by other blood-drinkers. Sanguinarians (a word from the Latin root "sanguinarius", meaning "bloodthirsty") apparently do not get the benefits from pranic energy, or else they are unable to feed psychically like psi and energy vampires, for whom blood and pranic energy are apparently interchangeable.
    I hope this helps!

Gothic Rose Thanks for posting that web site, i hope it will help me also figure out some stuff i have going on. if you have anymore info on this subject let me know.

I have alot but i think it will be more suitable to send via e-mail.

gothic rose im not sure how to get email address to you, i cant post it on here. let me know if theres another way to get info from you.

Honey here's mine e-mail me and i'll send you what i have alonge with a few other sites that might help.

gothrock816@yahoo.com

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

*snicker*

*quietly walks away*

I wish that was true... and I 've read so many books and surfed so many websites that I can't really believe in something that I haven't seen or touched.... as for symphtomes.... I got exactly same ones as mentioned above when I was going trough depression... which at the time I didn't know it was depression... sleeping rarely and during day, sensitive to bright light etc etc...
    and then again... I realy wish it was true

google strigoi. vampire awakining balls every year in new orleans. if you want to learn more they give out the black Strigoi Book only to those that attend. cant buy it in stores.

michelle belanger is a recommended author if learning more about this subject.

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

omfg ohter vampyres!!! how kool.

no seriously vampyre awakening is a deeply spiritual experience, getting in touch, with your inner, true, vampyre, self.
    ever since i turned ive had cravings for human blood its liek really crepy roflamomal.

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by skintwisterman
    omfg ohter vampyres!!! how kool.

no seriously vampyre awakening is a deeply spiritual experience, getting in touch, with your inner, true, vampyre, self.
    ever since i turned ive had cravings for human blood its liek really crepy roflamomal.
    i didnt realise vamires and trolls cross breeded

Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    i didnt realise vamires and trolls cross breeded
    Yes. You've got to use the Troll base with a half-vampire template, both found in the Monsterous Manual. The combination of undead immunities and vampiric regenration with standard troll regeneration makes a deadly and hard-to-kill monster, more than a match for characters who would normally encounter it; I advise the challenge rating have an extra 1 added to it for adventure design purposes.

Yes. You've got to use the Troll base with a half-vampire template, both found in the Monsterous Manual. The combination of undead immunities and vampiric regenration with standard troll regeneration makes a deadly and hard-to-kill monster, more than a match for characters who would normally encounter it; I advise the challenge rating have an extra 1 added to it for adventure design purposes.

+5 to your defend against spell roll?

+5 to your defend against spell roll?
    There's a few feats that give a bonus against magical attack, normally racial, but some neat ones in the Ultimate Fighter and such, I advise you seek them out, especially if you don't have much in the way of defence against magic anyway.

In other news, I am a total geek.

There's a few feats that give a bonus against magical attack, normally racial, but some neat ones in the Ultimate Fighter and such, I advise you seek them out, especially if you don't have much in the way of defence against magic anyway.

In other news, I am a total geek.

oh i see, vampires are kitted with the class spell absorbtion? they can drain the life force of others to replenish their own?

next D&D i think i may consider it as a viable class option

oh i see, vampires are kitted with the class spell absorbtion? they can drain the life force of others to replenish their own?

next D&D i think i may consider it as a viable class option
    Troll Vampire
    Large Undead
    6D12 + 36 (75)
    Initiative: +2
    Speed: 30 ft
    AC: 24 (-1 for Size, +4 Dex, +11 natural)
    Base Attack: +4, Grapple +14
    Attack: Claw +12 melee (1D6+9)
    Full Attack: Claw +12 melee (1D6+9), Claw +12 melee (1D6+9), Bite +7 melee (1D6+6)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft/10ft
    Special Attacks: Rend 2D6+9, Blood Drain, Children of the Night, Slam Attack D8, Create Spawn, Dominate, Energy Drain,

Special Qualities: Darkvision 90, low light vision, regeneration 5, Scent, Damage Reduction, Alternate Form, Gaseous Form, Fast Healing, Resistances, Turn Resistance, Spider Climb
    Saves: Fort +11, Ref +4, Will +3
    Str: 29
    Dex: 18
    Con: --
    Int: 8
    Wis: 11
    Cha: 10
    Feats: Alertness x 2, Track, Iron Will, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes.
    CR: 7 (8?)

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Oh, alright, I'll behave. *mutters*

Apologies to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    *snicker*

*quietly walks away*
    I agree

Oh, alright, I'll behave. *mutters*

Apologies to all.
    bout time, :|

on a serious note, im completely in love with vampires, vampire novels etc, however the idea of REAL vampires, as much as it sounds cool, i cant bring myself to believe it, just like with religion, if im to believe it, i need proof.

i have frequently had dreams of being a vampire, but they are just dreams afterall.

as for the symptoms described above well, right now its 5:17am and i dont plan on sleeping tonight, on top of that i hate the sun and avoid it, as for a craving for blood, nay, but i do suck on cuts :|

so, flips final thoughts: vampires to me are still a myth, basically because it was a creature born into the realm of mythology. until i see a "real" vampire and something definative about the vampire lineage (too many variations) i shall remain in my belief that vampires are indeed, not real.

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    I wish that was true... and I 've read so many books and surfed so many websites that I can't really believe in something that I haven't seen or touched.... as for symphtomes.... I got exactly same ones as mentioned above when I was going trough depression... which at the time I didn't know it was depression... sleeping rarely and during day, sensitive to bright light etc etc...
    and then again... I realy wish it was true
    I already knew i had depression :P This is somthing diffrent.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

It's all a matter of will as in I will or I wont

Quote Originally Posted by gothic rose
    For anyone that knows about vampire awakenings, and other things on or around this subject. What can you tell me? Like ways to deal with the thirst, the hightened senses, the new sensitivity to the sun, ect.... This is for people that know what they are talking about, not for the non-belivers. Please be serious cause I need help and suggestions not mean comments and harassment. Thanks to sunkarma for the website it helped, and thanks to Angel Slayer for telling me how to post a thread.

OK, so I just got to see your post, as it was drawn to Me . I believe I am the only Psychic Vampyre on the site so I can give You some info, but not here, this isnt the forums for it, but I do know where You can get to for the information and guidance You wish. Im adding You to My Yahoo and will get in touch with You there.

Vitorro

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler

michelle belanger is a recommended author if learning more about this subject.
    Yes, having a chat or two with Michelle, She is a most resourseful person to get to know and learn from about a Vampyres awakening. Her books hold a lot of info for learning about Yourself, if a Vampyre .
    Her book, "Psychic Vampire Codex" is an awesome reference guide for Us in this lifestyle.

Can you send me some info about her books and stuff as well?

Of course, I can there is one spot to read an older but online version of the Codex .. http://www.sacred-texts.com/goth/vc/index.htm and I have a site for You to meet other Vampyres online, but I can give it only in a IM or email, so reach me at either Vitorro@aol.com or evilvampire69s@yahoo.com and I will give you the link

*Walks back into room, looks around, runs out laughing*

Dude, do I come in and make fun of what You are into?? NO! I happen to respect Your preferences and dont laugh at You for being into comic books or such Do I? . Have respect for others and their Alt lifestyles, as I have for Yours here. up to this point, it was the respect each member of BB has for the others that made it a worthwhile endeavour Forrest and Amelia put together here for People like each of Us to enjoy together. Now if I was trolling like so many have come in here and done in the recent past, I would expect it, But if it is something YOU do not believe in or want to be involved with, just dont act the emo and add ridiculous comments. I dont ask much, just the same respect I have had and shown for You.,

Reading comics is one thing.

Strappin' on a cape and prancin' about town is another...

Just sayin'

Hey, I enjoy a few DC and marvel and independant titles as well, so I cant and wont say comics are a bad thing, and I do enjoy Your particular take on some of the works Youve customized here on BB, but just FYI, the vampires you see on movies and tv, are so way off to what the modern Psychic Vampyre is, and if that is how people view Us, thats their own problem. Unless you understand the difference, I think that the way You think of Me is not only sad, but misinformed. I wear no cape, I wear no Bela Lagosi outfit, and I dont prance about town. So I wont take offence at the way you think of Me, as I hold no grudges for it,thats not Me. But if learning a bit about what I am is something to do, try reading a bit of the link I gave GothicRose. But PLEASE, dont catagorize Me with the movie vampire, thats all Hollywood hype, and degrades My fellow Vampyres and I. Thats all I can say, and all I will on the subject.

Shivvenfist's Avatar Senior Member

Vampires are real?

Quote Originally Posted by Vitorro
    Hey, I enjoy a few DC and marvel and independant titles as well, so I cant and wont say comics are a bad thing, and I do enjoy Your particular take on some of the works Youve customized here on BB, but just FYI, the vampires you see on movies and tv, are so way off to what the modern Psychic Vampyre is, and if that is how people view Us, thats their own problem. Unless you understand the difference, I think that the way You think of Me is not only sad, but misinformed. I wear no cape, I wear no Bela Lagosi outfit, and I dont prance about town. So I wont take offence at the way you think of Me, as I hold no grudges for it,thats not Me. But if learning a bit about what I am is something to do, try reading a bit of the link I gave GothicRose. But PLEASE, dont catagorize Me with the movie vampire, thats all Hollywood hype, and degrades My fellow Vampyres and I. Thats all I can say, and all I will on the subject.
    You misunderstand. I meant a "superhero" cape that one might strap on if they took their afinity for comic books a little too far.

Baron_Fluffykins's Avatar Member

Undead Blooddrinkers with powerful powers of Sorcery? Not Real

People who prey on other peoples Life, Emotions, Energy and Well being? Absolutely. So-called "Psychic Vampires". Leeches morelike.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron_Fluffykins
    Undead Blooddrinkers with powerful powers of Sorcery? Not Real

People who prey on other peoples Life, Emotions, Energy and Well being? Absolutely. So-called "Psychic Vampires". Leeches morelike.
    Hmmm, I always heard them labeled not psychic vampire, but bitch.

vitorro, although i am not very well informed on the subject of real vampires/vampyre i cant help but notice the traits that are claimed by real vampyres (sensitivity to light/sun, unusual sleeping hours etc etc) fall in line with that of most vampire mythology in particular the hollywood view.

i guess my point is why take the name of a mythological creature as well as the traits of said creature, and then complain(used loosely) that people associate real vampires with that of the mythological vampires.

the above of course is assuming that real vampires came after the myth.

just trying to feed my curious mind, im not intending to step on toes.

vitorro, although i am not very well informed on the subject of real vampires/vampyre i cant help but notice the traits that are claimed by real vampyres (sensitivity to light/sun, unusual sleeping hours etc etc) fall in line with that of most vampire mythology in particular the hollywood view.
    Of course it also fits the traits of most undergrads....but don't tell any of the vampires...

Yes, I agree, that a lot of the Vampyres I know claim such, and at times I do as well, but it isnt saying every Vampyre has these traits. For the most part, it is that they have taken to having little contact with the sun, as many have night jobs, or such excuses to fill the night, and sleep the day time away,(ever work the night shift for years and then try to start a new routine?) but not because they are Vamps.. I myself have a sensitive eye for sunlight, not because Im a Vampyre, but because I have had eye problems since birth. I am blind in one and the other, being the promoniant one, gets stressed in intense bright lights, and even worse if I am under certian flourescent ones. A lot of them, as with many Goths, wear long sleeves most of the year, and dont get a lot of light, so their pigments have lost the neccessary coloring to protect them if bare skin is exposed, think albino . so they would burn much easier in the sun. If any here ever meditate, and feel energized afterwards, that is the way a lot of Vampyres today gather energies, through the prana(or ***, for those tai-*** junkies like Me). theres a lot to learn to understand what I mean, and I really dont know if BB is the place for it, so all I can ask, is to just read the link I provided to read a bit to learn what I am talking about.

i will do, but seen as its 5am ill leave it till another night, my brains gone into auto pilot

+ Reply to Thread