+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When life hits you like a ton of bricks

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default When life hits you like a ton of bricks

So today it seems as if life has hit me in the face with a crow bar. I've found out bad news after bad news. Some pretty petty, some serious and even something that will change my life for the rest of the time I have on earth. I don't want to go into details but I really should be in tears, curled up in some dark corner. I haven't ate any food in a week and I have absolutely noone here right now to lend me a shoulder. I'm so emotionly detacthed from reality so please forgive me for using the internet as a place to vent. With all that being said I just want to say: Fuck you life and I don't care how horrible things currently are, today was a good day. If you give me the weight of the world I am going to hold it, I'm not going to run from anything you throw at me.

I don't expect sympothy from others, but what I would like is to know how everyone else deals with it when everything in their life turns to shit instantly. What do you do to make sure you stay afloat?

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Default Re: When life hits you like a ton of bricks

I get pissed off. As a friend tells me nearly daily I run on pure fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Camby Savelle
    With all that being said I just want to say: Fuck you life and I don't care how horrible things currently are, today was a good day. If you give me the weight of the world I am going to hold it, I'm not going to run from anything you throw at me.
    I know what You mean by life turning into complete hell in a matter of hours. more than once. and thats about how I felt when My life had turned upside down. Keep as positive an attitude as You can and things will work out in time.

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

I get used to it. Life's not going to get better just because I don't like it, so I endure and then eat some ice cream.

Still, I'm sorry to hear about your problems. From what you said, I'm assuming it's something medical in nature - that's the one that most often does the "make you suffer for the rest of your life" thing. You have my sympathies. Doctors are scary and bodies rebel.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by Nudemuse
    I get pissed off. As a friend tells me nearly daily I run on pure fury.

Ahhh a true kindred soul. Me = Angry nearly 24/7

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

I put on Victor Borge and laugh myself silly

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

learn how to use a shovel, what I do, in other words find a pysical repetetive activity that keeps your body busy and leaving your mind totaly free to think

Eva:Gina's Avatar Senior Member

i break down
    OH CAMBY!! I wish I had come on earlier.......
    Ill try catch you tommorrow (stupid fucking work)

But know I LOVE YOU, mmmmkay?>??
    (yes, i do realise I sound like marie there, but I DO, so shut the fuck up) <3

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

I just totalled my car, with only liability insurance. And I just paid the fucker off. Great...

Phoenix Blue's Avatar Senior Member

"God grant me the serenity to accept those things which cannot be changed, the courage to change those things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

For things which cannot be changed I change my own perspective.
    Then I put on Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" and sing at the top of my lungs, lol.

For things I can change - I evaluate, analyze, plan and execute...
    after I put on the theme from Rocky and run around the house like a madwoman!

Please eat something! Low blood sugar and fuzzy thinking will only hurt you more. We can all empathize with your situation - and we do care.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Camby,

t's not what happens to you in life that matters, it's what you do with it. I could look at life like a tragicomedy. Some of what happened around me was very sad and made me detach in the same way. You have to determine what you actually have control of. You aren't going to be able to change people. You won't always have a shoulder to cry on. You just have to gut it out. Eventually, all this bullshit will be a source of strength. Then, you'll know victory.

Personally, I just choose to feel the pain as it happens. Then, I draw from my past. I know I can handle damn near anything. As can you. The detachment is the difficult part. You have to find some sort of meaning, even if it seems trivial and small at the moment. Take in a pet. Start a band and purge yourself. Doesn't matter what, but don't just sit around.

OEC

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Always expect the worst.

Expect life to suck.

Expect people to die, to be hurt, and for life to be hard.
    Because it is.

It's hard, and unpredictable.
    Bad shit happens to people all the time, and totally randomly.
    Like that van with the whole family in it, that just burnt to death.
    Shit like that happens. People die. People lose jobs, lose partners, etc...
    So expect it.
    It's going to happen.

But if you have a good life, and no one is dying, you have a job,
    or have someone to be with, be fucking happy as hell.

Because life is shitty.

If you have some good things in your life, appreciate it.

Because good things, and a good life, is not guaranteed.

Ask anyone in a 3rd world country.
    For some people, life is shit, from begining, to end.

But you only have one life.

So enjoy it while you can.
    Because it might be over tomorrow.

The best thing u can do is worry about tommorow, put evertthing that happened recently in the past. (LIVE EVERY DAY LIKE IT'S YOUR LAST) thats how i started living and my life is a lot better now.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yeah life sucks. and there's a pretty good chance that after you die you're going to be reincarnated as a rhino that just sits there in shit all day long. which may be a good thing for some people. but then some asshole will probably come along and shoot you and then in the next life you'll be a person again with another shitty life. bottom line: ugh, I guess you just have to accept things the way they are, cuz you don't really have a choice.

shadowgirl_'s Avatar Junior Member

youre probably just in shock love. its pretty difficult in that stage, and im sorry for your misfortune.

for years it seems like i was in this miasma of bad news - it just became normal, but now im pulled myself out of it somewhat and starting over. negativity is part of life. but sadly there is no full body sized bandaids!

-Cami aka shadowgirl

Darknessismylight2877's Avatar Member

I talk to my friends I vent well that way...I cry I scream...I get all the emotion out of my system first...I used to just kickbox it out but since my accident and most recently my ankle injury that's been sidelined.... I also listen to music, watch a movie that gives me warm fuzzies, sing at the top of my lungs broadway showtunes (hey I'm a theater brat) or I sit by myself and write...

Recently I found that turning to my friends for support has helped....After I have released the initial (sp) emotion, I figure out a plan of action...I do my best to keep positive....I also go through and read the different boards I'm a part of and give support to others who need it...Recently I started a Hug thread on the Star Wars board I'm on for all the people who needed hugs and support...I am a firm believer that getting hugs whether virtual or otherwise always helps in times of crisis...so I'm going to give you a virtual hug and let you know that I'm sending good thoughts your way...

*Hugs Camby*

and your little dog too

i am a member of the pissed off club too. if you can afford it you might want to eat something and see if that makes you feel better at all.

+ Reply to Thread