• Don't smoke

17 36.96%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What do you Smoke?

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Default Re: What do you Smoke?

I hate the smoking bans being set forth. Seriously, if you smoke, cigarettes and alchohol go together like PB and J. Dont go to a bar if you dont want to smell the smoke. Im sick of giving up my rights because people just arent happy until everyone is miserable.

Camel Turkish Silvers is my main choice.

Quote Originally Posted by kellie
    I have. And I dont get it. Your inhaling something that is burning. Your putting smoke into your mouth, throat and lungs, and on purpouse!
    Now I understand that nicotine is very pleasureable to some people, and that it actually has benifits to some mental states. But the act of smoking in itself...I just dont understand at all.
    Dude, I smoked Luckies/Camels/Newports for 12 years... Just quit last year. I feel sooooo much better. Now, if I can just get my girlfriend to quit. The last thing I want to do when I am retired is pony up my pension (haha, as if I will ever have one) and life savings for her chemo. Seriously... I mean that. Sounds harsh, but sometimes, ya gotta face facts....

Baron_Fluffykins's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    I hate the smoking bans being set forth. Seriously, if you smoke, cigarettes and alchohol go together like PB and J. Dont go to a bar if you dont want to smell the smoke. Im sick of giving up my rights because people just arent happy until everyone is miserable.

Camel Turkish Silvers is my main choice.
    And what about those Alchoholics who don't smoke? Sorry your arguement carries as much weight as theirs.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Baron_Fluffykins
    And what about those Alchoholics who don't smoke? Sorry your arguement carries as much weight as theirs.
    Tough shit for them I say.

There are liquor stores, if you dont like smoke, go fucking home.

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

smoking's been banned in all public indoor places, including bars, here in maine for a few years now. i guess everybody gets used to it after a while. granted, i don't smoke on a regular basis so it doesn't affect me as much as it would others, but like i said people are just used to it by now. *shrugs*

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Theyve done that in a few cities here too. No big deal to us, we just go where we can smoke indoors. Shame to lose so many patrons over something so stupid, IMO. And I am entitled to my opinion.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

I smoke really cheapass cigarettes that arent even like a major brand name because im usually broke. I smoke Djarum Blacks when i can afford them. and when im really broke i roll my own cigarettes. Oh and weed lots of weed.

Tough shit for them I say.

There are liquor stores, if you dont like smoke, go fucking home.

Funny I was thinking the same thing for you, you want to smoke go buy a fifth and go fucking home. Smoking isn't a RIGHT you know.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Funny I was thinking the same thing for you, you want to smoke go buy a fifth and go fucking home. Smoking isn't a RIGHT you know.
    Last I knew I was living in America. Last I knew I had the right to smoke, since I have the right to buy them, the right to buy a lighter, and the right to pay taxes on all of it. I have the right to have my drivers license, the right to drive on the road, and the right walk into a bar.

So, Id say that I DO have the right to smoke;]

Now restauraunts, I can understand people getting their panties in a bunch over.

Who are you? George Bush or something? If you are all for taking away rights, move to Iraq.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

try England for your next trip - the "caring govt" there are slowly but unstoppably banning smoking in public places, in bars, in workplaces, in streets, but they reduced the class of cannabis so you only get a warning for 'personal use', and allowed 24-hour alcohol sales.

I smoke, have done for years and it'll probably kill me if the rest of life doesn't.. but frankly I don't WANT to be an incontinent 99-year-old sitting on a porch pissing myself, and if 'society' objects to the smoke then fine - I see their point, and I'd never smoke in a room full of kids or if someone asked me not to as a favor. I just don't see why, if alcohol kills more people each MONTH than smoking each YEAR, they're happy for me to buy 50 cases of Jack D but send in SWAT for lighting up near an open doorway.

mG

Last I knew I was living in America. Last I knew I had the right to smoke, since I have the right to buy them, the right to buy a lighter, and the right to pay taxes on all of it. I have the right to have my drivers license, the right to drive on the road, and the right walk into a bar.

So, Id say that I DO have the right to smoke;]

Now restauraunts, I can understand people getting their panties in a bunch over.

Who are you? George Bush or something? If you are all for taking away rights, move to Iraq.

You clearly do not understand the differance between something being Legal (smoking) and something being a RIGHT. You do NOT have the RIGHT to smoke you are just not prohibited from smoking. Nowhere in the Constitution or the laws of ANY land does it say you have the unequivocable right to smoke just because you are in a bar (or anywhere else for that matter). That would take away the RIGHTS of the Property/Business owner to determine what occurs in her/his property. As a patron you have no rights within that business except the right to not be discriminated against, and last I checked smokers were not on the list of federally protected groups against discrimination.

Take a Law and Legal class at your local community college next time before telling me or anyone else what you "rights" are. Rights are very different from actions/acts that are just not prohibited by law.

You case for being able to smoke in a bar is EQUAL but Opposite to those of Non-smoking Drinkers who want to imbibe without the stench of tobacco in the air. You are in no better (or worse) a place than they are. That's all I am saying. You are not the righteous denouncing their evil cries of "stop smoking". It just isn't the case.

I don't smoke and in fact I hate smokers. I really do. I can't understand such kind of vice.

Quote Originally Posted by Empress_Of_Drac
    I don't smoke and in fact I hate smokers. I really do. I can't understand such kind of vice.
    You hate people because they smoke?

That's retarded. I can't understand such judgemental bullshit.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    You hate people because they smoke?

That's retarded. I can't understand such judgemental bullshit.
    yeah, thats kinda a stupid reason to hate someone...

Yeah "hate the sin not the sinner", so to speak. Empress I am sure you have some habits that others hate, do they hate YOU specifically though? I am sure I have things that people hate but that doesn't mean everyone hates me specifically.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Empress_Of_Drac
    I hate you because of your name.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

You clearly do not understand the differance between something being Legal (smoking) and something being a RIGHT. You do NOT have the RIGHT to smoke you are just not prohibited from smoking. Nowhere in the Constitution or the laws of ANY land does it say you have the unequivocable right to smoke just because you are in a bar (or anywhere else for that matter). That would take away the RIGHTS of the Property/Business owner to determine what occurs in her/his property. As a patron you have no rights within that business except the right to not be discriminated against, and last I checked smokers were not on the list of federally protected groups against discrimination.

Take a Law and Legal class at your local community college next time before telling me or anyone else what you "rights" are. Rights are very different from actions/acts that are just not prohibited by law.

You case for being able to smoke in a bar is EQUAL but Opposite to those of Non-smoking Drinkers who want to imbibe without the stench of tobacco in the air. You are in no better (or worse) a place than they are. That's all I am saying. You are not the righteous denouncing their evil cries of "stop smoking". It just isn't the case.
    No classes needed. Its my RIGHT to disagree with the bans and think what I choose to think.

Lol, and apparantly its my right to get others all riled up over such a stupid debate.

*grin* Its all in good fun. If you havent caught on to my antics, Im sure you will eventually.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

No classes needed. Its my RIGHT to disagree with the bans and think what I choose to think.

Lol, and apparantly its my right to get others all riled up over such a stupid debate.

*grin* Its all in good fun. If you havent caught on to my antics, Im sure you will eventually.

Damniel's Avatar Senior Member

Jax - I love how much trouble you get into and i love the way you handle it, and i must say i preety much agree with you...

As much as it sounds like a love post it wasn't heh...

Having the right to disagree with an idea/policy is not the same as saying you have the right to smoke.

One is a right, the other is not.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Having the right to disagree with an idea/policy is not the same as saying you have the right to smoke.

One is a right, the other is not.
    I have the right to do as I wish. Good thing I dont wish for much...

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Damniel
    Jax - I love how much trouble you get into and i love the way you handle it, and i must say i preety much agree with you...

As much as it sounds like a love post it wasn't heh...
    Lol, come on now...it was SO a love post;] Its ok though, it flatters me.

I cant help getting into trouble, it comes naturally to me;]

I have the right to do as I wish. Good thing I dont wish for much...

The provide the documentation that says so, no where in U.S. Law or The Constitution is that right put forth.

DARKGYM's Avatar King of the night

I don't smoke (I'll have a cigar twice a year or so) but smoking has never bothered me. I actually feel right at home in a smoke filled bar.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

The provide the documentation that says so, no where in U.S. Law or The Constitution is that right put forth.
    You have the right to pull the panties out of your butt now...

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

like I've said before I'd rather smell smoke than people when I go to a bar . If they could come up with a decent perfume that smells like smokey bar air then I'd be a happy man indeed

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Well, my great granddad he died of cancer, from smoking too many cigarettes. But I must confess, that he did quite profess at being the coolest motherfucker I've ever met. I've traveled millions of Marlboro miles, but I haven't gotten anywhere. And I made a million dollars in Camel cash, but I'm still just as broke as when I started. But that's OK, cuz smoking makes you cool. And smoking makes you rule. So just light up a smoke, and you'll never go broke, and you'll be the most popular kid in school. But only if you smoke Parliaments!

Although I'm with Jax on this issue (freedom is what we fight for, let's not forget that by trying to make the peace please everyone), smoking isn't a "right", it's a legal drug, just like alcohol, which isn't appropriate in EVERY situation but sure as hell isn't causing the end of the world when used with common sense. Sure, it kills those of us who smoke, and a few people who are nearby - I don't disagree. Alcohol kills more 'innocent' people than smoking, and so it's controlled where necessary. You can't drive while shotgunning beer by the gallon (it makes your pants wet) and you can't smoke in a pediatric ward. What gets some of us perked is that increasingly we can't smoke outdoors in public places, in bars where the patrons can CHOOSE to enter or not, and a smoker is painted as some child-killing spawn of satan by the same people who'll say in all innocence "oh go on, just have one beer.."

The argument I get is 'staff safety'.. you can't smoke in there because the staff are going to DIEEE and they can't leave.. to which I simply ask WHY NOT EMPLOY SMOKERS??? My local drinking pit has a non-smoking area for diners, and a smoking bar out back. The sole member of staff is a 60-a-day man, and yet the law says that room is going to have to close as his health is at risk. He has to stand outside, with us, in the rain. Someone explain to me how that makes sense and I'll buy them a cigar.

mG

Lol, come on now...it was SO a love post;] Its ok though, it flatters me.

I cant help getting into trouble, it comes naturally to me;]
    I'd share a smoke with you any time.

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

Atlanta recently passed a law that states no one can smoke indoors in any establishment that allows people under the age of 18 in.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

smokes went up in price here, nine bucks, give or take, depending on what you like

I'll give up my smokes when you pry 'em from my cold dead fingers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    smokes went up in price here, nine bucks, give or take
    It's getting to the point where I can justify an airline ticket on the savings from tax-free tobacco. Screw the upper atmosphere, I'm going shopping!

mG

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Slayer
    cloves. i quit back in march but i started again a couple of days ago.
    i just quit for my 25th birthday (the end of january)

i got sick which helped me quit and i'm going strong so far. as much as i really enjoy cloves i go through phases where i will smoke two packs in a week(which is really torturous on my body) to going a month or so without. but more and more i smoked for whatever excuse i could use. because i really do like them.

so i had to quit before it became bad of a habit.

+ Reply to Thread