+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just to be clear: What links are Allowed, and What Links are Not Allowed?

Default Just to be clear: What links are Allowed, and What Links are Not Allowed?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Just to be clear: What links are Allowed, and What Links are Not Allowed?

I kind of think this has been explained. However, in the interest of clarity, I'll try to outline the philosophy.

Blue Blood supports community. The only sites you may not link to are those which are anti-community. So, you are not supposed to link to sites that wouldn't allow links back. If their policy doesn't allow links to us, then I'm not comfortable linking to them. I think this is reasonable and fair.

We would prefer that people didn't just post links to random things that they find entertaining, unless they are engaged in a conversation with people about such entertaining things. This is a community forum, not a link directory. If you are entertained by things elsewhere, but find yourself incapable of having a pleasant real conversation about them here, we welcome you to go visit those places, but we don't really feel you should just spam them here.

In regards to sites or other media that may feature our models, first I would prefer to leave it up to the model's discretion when it comes to bringing said projects up at all. If they don't want to talk about it here, you shouldn't force the topic. This includes private messages. Also, I'm very proud of our work and I feel very strongly about the artistic things we create with our cool models, and I'm honestly not really comfortable having our work put next to random jobs they may have done for people they don't even really know. Our models are our friends and they should be treated as such.

I would rather hear your opinion about something, rather than see a link to something. Many boards are quite hostile to outside links as a whole. We're not interested in being that heavy handed, but we would prefer that you exercised some tact and discretion.

Think of it as being at a fairly cool and diverse party, where lots of interesting people are having a good time. Don't turn the TV on loudly and yell at everyone to come watch Jackass with you. Does that make sense at all?

Default Re: Just to be clear: What links are Allowed, and What Links are Not Allowed?

I kind of think this has been explained. However, in the interest of clarity, I'll try to outline the philosophy.

Blue Blood supports community. The only sites you may not link to are those which are anti-community. So, you are not supposed to link to sites that wouldn't allow links back. If their policy doesn't allow links to us, then I'm not comfortable linking to them. I think this is reasonable and fair.

So Basically no non-Blue Blood Adult Sites?

We would prefer that people didn't just post links to random things that they find entertaining, unless they are engaged in a conversation with people about such entertaining things. This is a community forum, not a link directory. If you are entertained by things elsewhere, but find yourself incapable of having a pleasant real conversation about them here, we welcome you to go visit those places, but we don't really feel you should just spam them here.

So, Its fine if its related to the topic?

In regards to sites or other media that may feature our models, first I would prefer to leave it up to the model's discretion when it comes to bringing said projects up at all. If they don't want to talk about it here, you shouldn't force the topic. This includes private messages. Also, I'm very proud of our work and I feel very strongly about the artistic things we create with our cool models, and I'm honestly not really comfortable having our work put next to random jobs they may have done for people they don't even really know. Our models are our friends and they should be treated as such.

I agree.

I would rather hear your opinion about something, rather than see a link to something. Many boards are quite hostile to outside links as a whole. We're not interested in being that heavy handed, but we would prefer that you exercised some tact and discretion.

Understood.

Think of it as being at a fairly cool and diverse party, where lots of interesting people are having a good time. Don't turn the TV on loudly and yell at everyone to come watch Jackass with you. Does that make sense at all?

Perfectly.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar

So Basically no non-Blue Blood Adult Sites?
    There are plenty of sites which are not members of the Blue Blood family but which support us and which we support. If you are a little fuzzy on what would or would not be okay on this part, it is probably best to just read this type of discussion until you get the hang of it and post about other topics yourself for now.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar

So, Its fine if its related to the topic?
    It is fine if it is related to the topic and posting the link actually adds to the conversation and will be of interest to others participating in and reading the conversation.

+ Reply to Thread