+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is your political philosophy?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default What is your political philosophy?

What is your political philosophy?

I got Libertarian (85%) which is no big shocker.

"You scored as Libertarian. Libertarians believe that you have the right to live your life as you wish, without the government interfering, as long as you don't violate the rights of others. This translates into strong protections for privacy and property rights, and a weak to non-existent social safety net."

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: What is your political philosophy?

You scored as Green.
    The Green Party believes in an America where decisions are made by the people and not by a few giant corporations. Their environmental goal is a sustainable world where nature and human society co-exist in harmony.

hmm. interesting.... I took a quiz like this before and here's what I said: "I figured that's what I would get. not that it so encompasses me, just that I know the bullshit thinking of these people and that's what they'd say I was.

I say that it's bullshit because if you asked a bushman what his political leaning was, he'd say "what does political mean?" and you'd say "well, it means what group do you belong to?" and he'd say the name of his tribe. and you'd say, "No, I mean how do you figure out what to do?" and he'd say "I do what I need to." and then you'd say, "ok. but who shows you what to do?" and he'd say, "the people of my tribe." and you'd say, "who is the leader of your tribe?" and he's say, "the oldest and wisest person." and you'd ask, 'and how did he become the leader?" and he'd say, "I just told you, because he's the oldest and knows the most things." and you'd say "ok. what do you believe?" and he'd say, "what does that mean?" and you'd ask, "what is the first thing you were taught?" and he'd say, "the lion eats the gazelle. I'm slower then the gazelle is, so I stay away from the lion."

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Yeah, I thought some of the questions accepted a certain premise that didn't fully align with an open philosophical position. It was like 'Do you think X is the case?' and my answer really was Yes, but I don't care because other things are more important to me.

You scored as Old School Democrat.

Old school Democrats emphasize economic justice and opportunity. The Democratic ideal is best summarized by the Four Freedoms: freedom of speech, freedom of worship, freedom from want, and freedom from fear.

Old school Democrats emphasize economic justice and opportunity. The Democratic ideal is best summarized by the Four Freedoms: freedom of speech, freedom of worship, freedom from want, and freedom from fear.

toe cutter for pres

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    toe cutter for pres
    LOL, Sorry brother. You should run, you'll have my vote. I got too many skeletons in the closet.

you know..i always wanted to be a fireman when i growed up..but instead i became a rivethead with docs. no more taxes!

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    LOL, Sorry brother. You should run, you'll have my vote. I got too many skeletons in the closet.

You can vote?!?!

Oh shit.....

autumn's Avatar Member

You scored as Green. The Green Party believes in an America where decisions are made by the people and not by a few giant corporations. Their environmental goal is a sustainable world where nature and human society co-exist in harmony.

Angel Slayer's Avatar guardian garroter

You scored as New Democrat.

New Democrats emphasize fiscal conservatism, and have a strong preference for the free market. They believe in small-scale programs that provide targetted help to those in need, while working with the business community.

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

I scored 85% Libertarian too, I suppose I'm not totally shocked but I now realize how many things I don't care that much about.

BloodredProject2402's Avatar Senior Member

i got old democrat.....80 percent........liberationist 70

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

don't need a web poll to work this out.

let us, instead, force the last priest to choke on the festering remains of the last lawyer, who had been beaten to death with the femur of the last politician, who had been garrotted with the hamstrings of the last telemarketer.
    - nikolai kingsley

Old School Democrat

75%

Foreign Policy Hawk

70%

Libertarian

60%

New Democrat

55%

Pro Business Republican

55%

Green

50%

Socially Conservative Republican

0%

Mother Superior

Old School Democrat 90%

New Democrat 80%

Green 75%

Foreign Policy Hawk 50%

Libertarian 45%

Pro Business Republican 35%

Socially Conservative Republican 5%

+ Reply to Thread