+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It's a miracle! wheelchair bound woman runs

and your little dog too

Default It's a miracle! wheelchair bound woman runs

from yahoo

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A wheelchair-bound Los Angeles woman, who has repeatedly filed lawsuits over access for the disabled, got up and ran after police arrested her for fraud, authorities said on Thursday.

Laura Lee Medley, 35, had sued in at least four California cities over injuries she claimed she sustained while trying to navigate her wheelchair before she was suspected of fraud.

Medley, who claimed to be paralyzed from a drunk driving accident, was tracked to Las Vegas where police there took her into custody and then, when she complained of medical issues, to a local hospital, Long Beach prosecutor Belinda Mayes said.

"She gets to the hospital and while she's waiting for an examination, she gets up from the chair and runs," Mayes said. "Somebody remarked, 'That's where the great miracle occurred.'"

Medley sprinted through the hospital corridors but was quickly apprehended by police and booked pending extradition to San Bernardino, southern California, where she is facing charges of filing false documents, attempted grand theft and insurance fraud.

Medley has sued the cities of Long Beach and South Pasadena and counties of San Bernardino and Riverside over various injuries she claimed she sustained in her wheelchair. She was also being sought on arrest warrants by the states of Oregon and Washington, Mayes said.

Default Re: It's a miracle! wheelchair bound woman runs

Ahhh yes, my faith in humity restored. I've been on the brink of giving up. If it weren't for Geraldo and stories like this I may have given up long ago...

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

now wouldnt it be funny if they had a janitor there named jesus? lol

Scott's Avatar Senior Member

Hehe.. once I found a wal-mart wheelchair sitting in the street, so I went to a warehouse party sitting in it.
    I was doing wheelies on the dancefloor and people were giving me thumbs up and pats on the back for being handycapped and trying to dance I guess. After several hours I got sick of it and just hopped up and started dancing on my own feet.

It was funny to see the look on everyone's faces.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Mom?

+ Reply to Thread