+ Reply to Thread

Thread: quirks

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

Default quirks

what are your odd little . . . quirks

i write all my uppercase I's in cursive.
    i scream butt really loud anytime someone says crack
    if i have to remember something, i always write it on my hands.
    &
    i have to buy every pair of cute panties i run across. its really sad. i have panties that havent seen daylight since the day i bought them.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default Re: quirks

whenever there is some form of media I want no matter what it be CD, DVD, video game, book, whatever it is it always ends up being out of print and rather hard to find. Often it results to me spending an hour in the phone book calling every place within a hundred miles for some measily 12$ purchase.

I have a pretty bad habit of not making my mind up. I feel one way about something and the exact opposite the next. I think that's because I'm a gemini.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

What's a quirk to everyone else is normal to the person who's doing it.

Stuff from back in the day would go on for pages (if you want quirks, read a rider...) but I'm mellowing in old age, and far less OCD about stuff than I ever was.

I'll always wake up a few minutes before the alarm goes off, but only if I remember to set it - otherwise I'll sleep until a coroner arrives. Apart from that, and the whole burning-babies-on-the-porch thing, I'm probably almost sane - if it wasn't for the way I hear voices a split second before people say them... in person, on TV.. can't turn it off and it's fcking annoying sometimes, but it's fun to wind folks up by lipsynching to them.

mG

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

i knit chickens out of scraps of wool, then strangle them in public.

Baby_Switchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

In a way, this is kind of obsessive compulsive, but a lot of the time if I'm sending a really important letter, especially if it's going overseas, I'll double check the address on the letter AND on the envelope before I put it in and seal the envelope. But then I get paranoid that I may have made a mistake, so I open the envelope and check everything again.
    Sometimes I can re-use the envelope and re-seal it, but sometimes I have to get a completely new one and write the address again... so I take EXTRA care to write it down the next time.

Then I get paranoid again if I haven't had a reply in a reasonable amount of time and I wait for a 'return to sender / wrong address' label to come back to me...

I'm mad, I know.

autumn's Avatar Member

Ummm..... Well I have OCDs so first off I always wash my hands after everything and I CAN'T stand when a person in a public restroom leaves before me without washing their hands (ARRGGGGGGGG!) Also, when I'm making a list or something I will rewrite if I make a mistake or my handwriting isn't perfect.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I'm not OCD in the slightest, and I don't think one has to be to have a quirk.
    I have several odd habbits, one of them being that I read the weekly (and most magazines) backwards. I've done it for years now.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    I'm not OCD in the slightest, and I don't think one has to be to have a quirk.
    I have several odd habbits, one of them being that I read the weekly (and most magazines) backwards. I've done it for years now.
    I'm the same way. I read magazines etc backwards, then forwards, then I'll flip through them for weeks.

I have lots of odd habits.

I love cute panties but I hate wearing underwear.

I read the notes in everything. Books, cd's, dvd's. Often I'll read the afterwards or the bibliography of a book before I read the actual book itself.

I'm pretty nutty about having my feet touched. I cringe and get grossed out.

I am hyper about staying hydrated. If I don't drink around 4 or so litres of water every day I get pissy.

I am rabid about my nails. If they aren't just so I get cranky.

I probably have more but I can't think of anymore at the moment.

I hate touching other peoples computers. Even if they seem like clean people, I get grossed out and have to wash my hands right away. I buy alcohol wipes and clean my keyboard almost daily.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i have a bad habit of causing electronic items like computers and stereos to stop working when i get really mad. so far my count is 2 cd players and 2 puters - one of the puters was in a computerlab at school. i ended up crashing the network.

and i also have a problem biting my nails way too much. theyre just so yummy

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    i have a bad habit of causing electronic items like computers and stereos to stop working when i get really mad. so far my count is 2 cd players and 2 puters - one of the puters was in a computerlab at school. i ended up crashing the network.
    That is so wicked! I knew this girl who had powers like that. When she would go into a bathroom with those hands free faucets they would all turn on. Super spooky. I always thought she should have gotten into tarot or majic, but she never did. Maybe you should, you would probably be good at it.

biting nails gah its my worst habit.
    but its really bad
    need to stop.

i ate them when i was a kid haha til my mother told me they would cut up my insides. that broke that habit so yay

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

dude my grama gave me 5 bucks to make me stop biting my nails when i was a kid hehe... it worked... extra good... i kept getting more and more 5s out of her cause i told her she never paid me and she believed it hehee... i must have got like 30 bucks out of her!

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

haha, thats great. i wish my folks had tried that when i was younger. they used that foul tasting nail polish like stuff on my nails. but i soon developed a liking for it! so it didnt work. yeah, lets put sauce of your fingers to make them seem less yummy. at least i know where i picked up the habit: my dad.

as to the breaking things when i get mad thing, im actually into magic - a self-styled witch, of a Dark Goddess.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

there's a bridge going into town..and you kinda "jump" up on to it,then jump off it...

everysingle time i go over it,without exeption i hit the gas hard when the cars weight is about to come back to the ground....

it's not the car that comes of the ground just the weight...you you get me..

but i'll be talking to someone,on the phone,damn near whatever and still do it when i get on the bridge(the biggest jump in speed) and when i get off...

there's plenty of other things,hah..

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

i can't take anyhting out of my purse. the minute i do i'll need the whatever it was. which is why there are 6 lip glosses and gods knows what else in there. that girl scout always be prepared thing, i guess.

even if it's something i really want a the store, i'll pick it up, carry it around for a while and then put it back. usually when i do actually get something at a shop unless i picked it out on a previouse trip, i'll only get like two things.

if i'm paying with my card, i won't get anything unless i can find more than one thing to justify using my card on. two items or none.

i can't leave the house with out wearing eyeliner, i feel naked. i could walk out the door right now in my hello kitty booty shorts and be fine with who saw what as long as i put on eye liner first.

i know htere's more

K

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    i can't take anyhting out of my purse. the minute i do i'll need the whatever it was. which is why there are 6 lip glosses and gods knows what else in there. that girl scout always be prepared thing, i guess.

people always ask me if i'm moving out because i carry everything with me everywhere i go. especially when in school you can hear me coming because all the crap i have with me. like two bookbags a purse & a load of books in my arm.
    in my purse i have enuff make up to last five years (& i never even really wear make up). toy handcuffs. germ x. a toothbrush. all sorts of odd & stupid crap.

i could walk out the door right now in my hello kitty booty shorts and be fine with who saw what as long as i put on eye liner first.
    ahh i wish i lived across the street from keiko...

heh i have alot of crap in my backpack too... fuzzy handcuffs!!! yess... mostly stuff i dont really use but its cool anyways once in awhile ill clean out all the expired bus passes and shit thats filling it all up... but i leave in all the cool stuff, even if i never use it haha... and i always have like 20 pens. always.

Bedlamite

I can't take the first one of just about anything. Not Newspapers, or cans in the grocery store. I also can't buy the magazine I was reading, I have to get a new one from the shelf.

Also an obsessive handwasher. I love disinfectant wipes and spray.

I always say "Bread and Butter" When I'm walking down the street with someone, and something comes between us. (ie: Lamp Post, Mail Box.)

If I'm listening to a conversation, I'll pick off my nail polish.

I only get the urge to clean every two weeks or so, then it comes on strong and I have to get it done or it'll bug me every minute I'm not doing it.

I have trouble titling my writing and paintings. I don't really care what they are named, but I've never sold a painting because I always thought they were worth alot more than what was offered.

Watches stop working on me after about a year. Just stop. Regardless of weather I replace batteries or have them repaired.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

{Watches stop working on me after about a year. Just stop. Regardless of weather I replace batteries or have them repaired.}

at least yours last that long. after about three months on me, they start keeping weird time. i've has watches run backwards on my arm. took one in to see why it was being stupid and the magnets had been switched. hmm...

K

my american history teacher (favorite teacher) was telling me how i think it was his father couldnt even wear watches . . . pretty much he put them on & they died.

Bedlamite

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    at least yours last that long. after about three months on me, they start keeping weird time. i've has watches run backwards on my arm. took one in to see why it was being stupid and the magnets had been switched. hmm...
    ( ^_^ ) Pfft. It just makes me more pathetic. My mother makes electronis fry and watches never last more than a month. *nods* I figure it just watered down through the genetic line.

Now running backwards? Thats nifty as hell. You must have some pretty active/bored/mischeivious little fairies.

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    haha, thats great. i wish my folks had tried that when i was younger. they used that foul tasting nail polish like stuff on my nails. but i soon developed a liking for it! so it didnt work. yeah, lets put sauce of your fingers to make them seem less yummy. at least i know where i picked up the habit: my dad.
    my parents tried that too, after awhile i just got used to the taste...i bite them alot less since i started working as a house keeper...its pretty easy to not bite ur nails after cleaning 20 or so bathrooms

other quirks...hmmm...drinking obscene amounts of tea.

if i get a bagle ne where i always have to get it toasted and microwaved...its just yucky if its just toasted

i cant drink cold water or pop...always room temp.

theres probably alot more...will have to ask bf, he could probably come up with quite a few more, lol

.its pretty easy to not bite ur nails after cleaning 20 or so bathrooms
    yeah... yeah that would be pretty nasty... hahaa...

Quote Originally Posted by morbid_lady

i cant drink cold water or pop...always room temp.

oh geez i used to be the exact same way. i loved hot cokes. grrrr
    that is until hurricane rita (i think it was rita) came through & knocked our electricity out for a few weeks.
    after that, i became a cold coke addict.

warm flat soda is actually really soothing for nausea... mmm.. mine anyways.
    but on the downside, it gives me heartburn... but... on the other side of that too, EVERYTHING gives me heartburn.
    my stomach is just confuzed

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    I hate touching other peoples computers. Even if they seem like clean people, I get grossed out and have to wash my hands right away. I buy alcohol wipes and clean my keyboard almost daily.
    So IT would probably be a bad career path for you, huh

I don't really like talking on the phone for most things.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

I make cat noises when im happy, I can actually pur by keeping a small amount of air in my esophogus and moving my larynx up and down I do the whole kneeding dough thing cats do when im comfortable, I'm twnety five year sold and still play and collect yu-gi-oh! I get hyper excited whenever I see somehting with either skulls or spiderman on it and have to buy it, I always ask people in the house if they want something when i go out walking and i apologize too many times if I cannot get somebody something, plus if im not sure of something (like my hair) i'll ask a hundred times if it looks okay.

hehee cute malcom.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    hehee cute malcom.
    yeah, i know, right? here I am always looking like im ready to kick someones ass in and im such a cute cuddly little teddy bear....but dont let anyone else know that mc. lol

hehee shhh i wont tell

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    warm flat soda is actually really soothing for nausea... mmm.. mine anyways.
    flat gingerale is the best for upset stomachs cuz ginger root is a natural anti-nausea

^theres another one....i'm a fountain of useless trivia...hehe

cant STAND ginger. even the word makes my gag reflex want to... reflex... or whatever you want to call it. terrible.

useless info is the best kind of info tho... i have an email i got from a friend that i should post up here, its all useless info about sex

Bedlamite

They make ginger pills too...*nodnod*

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

More

I will speak absolute gibberish to my friends but, they understand me.

I'm a compulsive peeler. Stickers, labels, anything I can peel off of something I will try and be annoyed until I get every speck of something off.

When I'm doing any sort of web design/coding I have to do it in notepad first.

I carry around 6-8 ink pens and most of them are various shades of purple ink. I will have a fit if I don't have a purple pen to write with.

I talk to everything. Computers, trees, animals, my innards.

I'm entirely right handed but I persist in trying to use my left hand and teach myself to write left handed. I've done that my whole life and still can't do much with my left hand.

haha nudemuse... i fuckin love you... i talk to everything too! mostly swearing at it though...

i have the natural ginger gravol pills... when i first started feeling really sick, i took them, and they didnt work on me. then i got some different ginger pills, and i could smell the ginger, so it wasnt gonna happen... hehe... not a chance.

when i was a child i had an imaginary friend, good ole jeanie.

well of course, i talked to my imaginary friend. i told her everything. out loud.

this habit stuck.

when i'm not really paying attention now my thoughts just start coming out of my mouth. sometimes i dont even realize it.
    my mother comes in my room from time to time & asks me who on earth i am speaking too.

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

I sleep with a stuffed rabbit and I have to have complete silence * left over from when I was a kid and would get terrible migranes tjat would last for days* I pick at my teeth and I sleep with my makeup on, in case I die, so I can look good for the coroner.

+ Reply to Thread