+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you like to go out at night?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you like to go out at night?

I attempted to take part of today off, partly to assist a temporary detox from iced lattes. Unfortunately for me, TiVo kinda let me down. So I was watching some movies it had recorded for me. One had a number of scenes where a bunch of teenagers are cruising in a car with the top down, just looking for something fun.

I remember feeling like the night had so much possibility, getting dressed up and heading out and having just a good tight feeling that the world was going to open before me, a certain expectant excitement. I don't think I get that any more and it makes going out at night, while often still fun, less of interest to me.

Do you like to go out at night? If so, what do you like to do?

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default Re: Do you like to go out at night?

I love nightlife! It's so much diffirent than normal hours. Often it's amazing to know that so much goes on while so many people are alseep if you look at in retrospective. Of course I'm also a former meth addict and feel more comfortable in a social atmosphere during the night than during the day.

One thing I hate is working the nightshift like I do now. You go into work just before daylight and get out at the start of daylight. It really messes with my body on a mental level to not see the nightsky. Especially if you have to work day after day on the same schedule without a break.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

I'm the same and I put it down to old age and experience. At 16, you didn't know much and found the world a new place to play with - as the years go by you learn it's pretty average, the grass isn't greener on the other side, and most nights the hangover isn't worth the three hours of 'fun'. I also think that the more you did in the past, the less you want to do - whether it's just a lack of excitement due to familiarity or whether it's a fear of not matching your memories, I don't know. There's certainly stuff I did in the years gone by I look back on fondly, but I'd never do again (jumping out of perfectly serviceable aircraft being one of them). Personally it really didn't help to work in the biz, as now going to any gig or nightclub feels like another day at work.

So, to get round to answering your question, I'll go out if there's a reason for it (someone getting hatched, matched or dispatched, or someone's paying me) but without something to drive the enthusiasm I'll stay in with the TV and leave the streets for kids who still think they lead somewhere.

mG

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

I love going out looking for fun. i used to go walking all night long when i lived in aj. I'd go down to the titty clubs and go grab a forty and some cigars or just dick around till sun came up. man, it's gonna be nice getting back to doing that again.

Sara X's Avatar lizard breath

call me jaded, but i've been working in bars at night for over a year now... not very much longer than i've been legally allowed to be out at night so to me, going out in daylight is a novel concept & when i have a night off i just want to sit at fucking home. not go to a smoke-filled bar with lots of loud music, dancing, and guys hitting on me, like everyone else i know wants to do. no thank you. it's just like work without the tips... and i don't drink anyway. local shows are OK, but in small doses.

to me, taking a walk down the beach after dark is an ideal "night out". something a lot more low-key than a club or a bar, preferably at some point involving food...

Raven0129's Avatar Member

I only go out at night. It's not often anyone will see me when the sun is up.

I'm a night person too unfortunately I got a full time job which forces me in bed by 12 pm

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I love going out. I haven't really been OUT since february when I went to the Psyclone N9ne concert. I haven't gotten all dressed to the nines and dolled up in ages. i went out like three nights a week when I lived in LA to Perversion (before it went down the tubes) Dungeon (before it dissapeared) PeepShow (just before) and then Malediction Society on my way home from the park. Tuesdays I'd go to Sardo's out in Burbank and get my Karaoke on. Unfortuantly here in buttdfuck swamp land there isn't really any where to go out with out going all the way to tampa or miami. I could go to the orlando nigts (wednesday and sunday) but by the time I got home i'd have just enough time to chnage my clothes and go to work. Gotta love those 7am shifts.

K

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I go out way less than I used to. The clubs I liked are mostly gone or have been defiled (924). I love walking around in the dead of night. I like being awake while the world sleeps (at least in my timezone)
    I definitely don't have the same anticipation I got at 16 or 20 etc. So these days, I'll go to a few shows or hang about. I do enjoy making an arse of myself at karaoke haha, it's about the only time I'll hang with the kids at school. I tried going to some other events, but there are always some lameasses who confuse parts of Pittsburgh with Beverly Hills. I'm an asshole if I just seek out that irony. I've found some niche tv to my liking, so I may just relax with that. I deal with people about 12 hours a day. Save one lovely, I'd rather have the rest of my time to myself (and the cat)

OEC

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Quote Originally Posted by Camby Savelle
    You go into work just before daylight and get out at the start of daylight.
    I meant you go into work just before day ends and out when it begins. Voiding seeing the night.

+ Reply to Thread