+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hair Hair Hair

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

Default Hair Hair Hair

so my hair has finally reached a point where i am started to think about what exactly i am going to do with it. its getting in my face & in the way.

so i am at a stand still on deciding what to do with this mess on my head.

I was debating on:

mohawk
    dreadlocks
    or the infamous

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Hair Hair Hair

I think a Bettie do would look nice on you, although dreads might be easier in your climate, so perhaps some sort of cross between the two.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

see I dig the betty page, but you really have to have a certain hair type or its gonna be a LOT of work.

thats what i fear.
    especially with my thin thin hair. i get so fed up with it most days i just wanna shave it off
    but i really want hair like bettie.

but opinions are wanted. since when it comes to hair for now i am pretty brain dead.

vulfgrl's Avatar Tainted

Betty is gorgeous. How long is your hair now?

Mine was pretty long but I cut it short at the request of my fiance. Years of Manic Panic and bleach had made it pretty frizzled. I can't wait until it grows out and I can do something except look like Mary Tyler Moore.

hehe.. dready paige... that would be an interesting look
    you can always get a small 30 count dread fall, have the bangs of paige and in the back have the anime style spikey dreads.

shown is 2, 30 counts, but you get the idea hopefully.
    (i hope this is ok to post here)

go for the betty bangs first, then if you get tired of that, dread 'em.

much easier to go from bangs to dreads than the other way 'round.

you'll look good with the betty-do.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

AHHH voldta... thats like the exact hair i want, but longer and purple and blue hahaa!!

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

If your hair is very thin then dreads are not for you. especially living in Louisiana. It gets so humid there that it would take forever for them to dry, and you will most likely have problems with mold. The thing about thin hair, is that if you do dread it, there A) won't be very many of them, and you will see all the spaces in between the dreads, and B)when they do finally form, the weight of them will snap the hair at your scalp. If your hair is super thin like you say, then dreads are not an option.
    have you thought about an A-line bob, or a cute choppy asian looking cut?

ewwww so gross to think that your hair could be moldy

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    ewwww so gross to think that your hair could be moldy
    its been rumored that bob marley had a spider in his dreads... but hey..who hasnt had a spider on there head at somepoint in their lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    If your hair is very thin then dreads are not for you. especially living in Louisiana. It gets so humid there that it would take forever for them to dry, and you will most likely have problems with mold. The thing about thin hair, is that if you do dread it, there A) won't be very many of them, and you will see all the spaces in between the dreads, and B)when they do finally form, the weight of them will snap the hair at your scalp. If your hair is super thin like you say, then dreads are not an option.

as i feared. mainly what i wanted to know. so thanks

my hair is still pretty short (okay, realllllly short) but i was thinking of getting my bangs evened. cause right now the left side goes ton my mouth & the right side covers my eyes. & then of course growing it out & getting the good ole bettie look.

but i've reached a point where i need to at least have in mind what i want or will do.
    i guess dreads are gonna out of the question though by the sound of that hehe

YoungSoulRebel's Avatar Dexys Midnight Blunder

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    What's an Asian-looking cut? My brother-in-law is Chinese and he has hair down to his knees, his youngest sister (he has six sisters) has a below-the-shoulders '60s-inspired "Go-Go Girl" cut and his mother's hair is allegedly eight feet long and always wrapped up in a tight chignon. Of his other sisters, one had a perm, last I saw her, and at least two of the other four had kind of a shoulder-length pageboy without fringe. The girls from Hang On the Box all seem to have quite distinct and different hair. As do the fine rockin' ladies in Cobra. So there's fourteen Asians there, and none of them seem to have some kind of "Asian-looking" haircut.

...but on dreads, I totally agree with you. I've been told I have very thick hair for a white person, and a friend of mine who's done dreads for other people has offered to dread up mine when it gets longer. He's told me he often feels bad telling people that he refuses to dread their baby-fine hair out of fear that either a) the locks will either weigh down and fall out, b) that he's rip them out as he's back-combing or c) that the hair would just plain be too thin to dread.

PS: Everybody should check out Cobra and Hang on the Box.

I was thinking about the hair cuts I've seen in japanese mags. not american asians... though some of the asian girls here in L.A. have really cute choppy cuts......

my hair is pretty nice and thick right now... im really hoping that it will turn into some nice dreads.
    i want to do it before i have my baby though, cause i read (and noticed with my own hair too) that the hormones involved with pregnancy will really decrease the amount of hair that you lose every day, but after the pregnancy is over, all those hairs that you were supposed to lose normally will fall out... ghaa... i wanna keep my nice hair *sobs*

Hey cherry, If I was you, I wouldn't dread untill after. The reason being is this: If you loose those hairs after your kid, then your dreads are going to be too heavy, and will start growing out thinnner, which will not only look kinda funny, but may give you some problems..... Like possibly snapping hairs at the root..... Just my two cents.......

oi shite... yeah didnt think of that heh...
    dammit... more time to be impatient... i just hope its not too thin afterwards to dread :S
    now im all worried haha!!

xOutxOfxStepx's Avatar Junior Member

Mohawks can be kind of annoying to put up, especially as they get taller, and you're guaranteed to get a lot of attention, especially in a small town, which can be bad if that sort of thing gets on your nerves.

vulfgrl's Avatar Tainted

My problem is, I want sexy hair, and I'd love to dye it, but I also need to look professional for networking. I haven't figured out how to do both. It's just past my chin, and it turns out, blah.

Quote Originally Posted by xOutxOfxStepx
    Mohawks can be kind of annoying to put up, especially as they get taller, and you're guaranteed to get a lot of attention, especially in a small town, which can be bad if that sort of thing gets on your nerves.

well i've had a pathetic attempt at a mohawk before. & i've worn it to school. & out & about
    & it caused a little bit of a contraversy but not the worst i've ever gotten.

that pic is so cute loralie hahaa i love it youre very pointy!

+ Reply to Thread