+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So today I put in my first garden

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default So today I put in my first garden

I've never grown anything before besides peppers. So I'm kind of excited how this will turn out. I know it's late in the year so I tried to transplant as many things as I could but there is still alot from seeds. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to convince someone to take picture of it I can post. Alot of different flowers, some herbs (basil, mint, cilantro) and of course peppers.

vulfgrl's Avatar Tainted

Default Re: So today I put in my first garden

We have a pretty good backyard, and want to do a garden. Michael rented a small backhoe and was out there digging a huge hole playing around with it. Then he got to fill in the hole with a shovel when he returned the backhoe and realized how big the hole he had made was.
    When we moved in there were already roses, herbs, and poppies (tons of them on both sides of the house, we're thinking about removing them)

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

my grandparents have a HUGE garden out in front of both of our houses. its big.
    they grow lots of vegetables.
    i hate it when they plant peas. gah picking & shelling peas is horriible
    but yay for your garden

great!! i love gardens.

no gardens here in NYC.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

heh loralie you need the kind of peas where you can just eat the whole thing! like umm... shit whats the kind ive got in the fridge... sugar snap peas i think? YUM!! i just bought a big bag of them just to eat hahaa... maybe ill throw some in a stirfry too, dunno...
    mmmm or snow peas... as long as theyre not whatever the chewy kind of peas my mom plants ewwww...
    but yeah gardens rock! i would totally love my own garden, i would grow a whole bunch of stuff that nobody around here grows, like raspberries and stuff! MMMMM!!!

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

okay I had luck with finding someone to take a few pics. you can obviously tell this is just a small garden, it's by this old building in the back of our property. some of the plants look a little down but that's due to shock from transplanting, they'll be purky again in a few days. It also looks desolate but that's because those seed things are planted in all that empty space. I'll try to get pics again in about 6 weeks to show progress.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

You should have plnty of summer left over to get a couple of peppers, and your herbs should be fine.... especially the mint. You'll never get rid of it, that stuff grows like a weed, and likes to take over.......

My mom always had a garden when I was growing up. we grew all kinds of stuff.... squashes, beans, tomatoes, peppers, strawberries, nectarines, pumpkins, you name it.... I'm really looking foreward to having my own garden in my yard in North Carolina.....

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    heh loralie you need the kind of peas where you can just eat the whole thing! like umm... shit whats the kind ive got in the fridge... sugar snap peas i think? YUM!! i just bought a big bag of them just to eat hahaa... maybe ill throw some in a stirfry too, dunno...
    mmmm or snow peas... as long as theyre not whatever the chewy kind of peas my mom plants ewwww...
    but yeah gardens rock! i would totally love my own garden, i would grow a whole bunch of stuff that nobody around here grows, like raspberries and stuff! MMMMM!!!

i dont actually like peas at all
    i'm just forced to pick & shell them.

they have all kinds of stuff. my mother only grows tomatoes
    the green thumb was not passed on to me

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

heh i like peas...
    i have a bonsai tree that i tried to save... my dad got it for christmas or his birthday or something, and it didnt get watered for like 6 months till my mom brought it over and gave it to me when i moved out... i dont know if i managed to save it, cause its kinda... crispy haha...

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

we got a nice garden too, lots of shrubs trees and stuff like that no vegetables. A few berry bushes and stuff like that and lots of statues but that's not my department around here so all I do there is drink, it's nice

+ Reply to Thread