+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New person to this site...

switchkitten's Avatar Junior Member

Default New person to this site...

In most introductions that I’ve read people try to show their good side and they wax eloquent about how they love Italian food and long walks on the beach. They don't mention their faults or the problems they have with life in general. So you get through reading their introduction and think they're someone you'd like to get to know, until you meet them and find out that they are not as good as they seem in their description. I am not your average person to say the least, I have a lot of big faults that some people might not be able to live with. I’ll list the worst things first and if you can live with those then you can read through to the end and already know about the worst.

I am an extremely open minded and unique individual. Yes I know that every person is a unique individual and everyone tries to be open minded but when you find that you don't fit very well into any crowd because trying new things is your favorite hobby... well that goes farther than your average person is willing to go. It is a natural impulse to be afraid of new things and most people shy away from me because of all the strange things I’ve done. Somewhere along the way, back when I was very small, my fear of the unknown turned into a fascination, now I seek out the unknown for the thrill of it.

I've been hurt by so called "friends" too many times so I try to play hermit and keep to myself but My love of trying new things won't let that go on for too long. I know i'm better off alone but I still feel this perverse, masochistic, need to try to be around people, even though I know they'll only hurt me in the end. Why? Because outside influences introduce new things that I’ve never tried before and that's something I know I can't resist. On the silver side when you expect to be hurt from the beginning you know it's going to happen so you're better off when it finally does. I know people will hurt me, no matter how hard they try not to and no matter how much I do to prevent it, so when it happens I skip the hurt feelings and the anger and move right along to damage control; fixing what the person damaged and preparing defense against that ever happening again. To make a long story short, don't expect me to trust anyone.

I talk way too much for my own good but I think it’s better to speak my mind and know who my real friends are because I know my real friends would do the same. I laugh too loud but I think that there are enough bad things in the world that I should enjoy the funny moments and laugh as loud as I damn well please. I sing along to music even if I don’t know all the words and/or can’t hit all the notes because music is just background noise until it strikes a chord in your heart. I bounce when I walk, no reason for this one, it just happens I can’t help it. I am horribly absentminded but I do my best to compensate for it. I sometimes do things that are bad for me, usually on purpose, either because I enjoy it too much to give it up or because I’m feeling self-destructive at that moment in time. My favorite guilty indulgences are: really good quality chocolate, sleeping in, driving way too fast, going to the spa (whenever I can afford it), and BDSM.

I am a Pagan in all senses of the word, I’d say I’m Wiccan because the principles of the religion are sound but most Wiccans I’ve met seem too much like hippies for me to consider myself to be a member of their ranks. My life philosophies are way different from everyone I’ve ever met because my mother is an eclectic Pagan and my father believes in computers. This makes for an interesting religious point of view and one more reason that I don’t fit in any one particular group.

I like just about every type of music so I won’t list them all here. I don’t watch much TV or movies though I do enjoy them when I’m bored; I feel it is more fun to make your own story than it is to watch a fictitious one. I don’t pay much attention to current fashion; I believe that it is better to create your own style than it is to follow Hollywood. I try not to pay attention to the rumor mill, speculation, and other forms of drama because they are pointless and generally do more harm than good.

I have too many hobbies to list, the best part of trying new things is finding the ones you like, but I’ll try to narrow it down to my favorites. Singing, dancing, sewing, clothing design, leatherworking, glassblowing, wood working, jewelry making (including chain mail), bead work, chain mail, horseback riding, belly dancing, martial arts, cooking, and so many others.

Default Re: New person to this site...

i guess the 25 post minimum to post links and pictures isnt in effect anymore eh?
    hrm hello though!

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    i guess the 25 post minimum to post links and pictures isnt in effect anymore eh?
    hrm hello though!
    I think it got blown out in the system upgrade. It will get fixed soon enough.

Welcome, switchkitten

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

Interesting intro....
    g'morning & welcome
    enjoy

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Okay so I read all that, I'm still unclear about what this so called bad stuff you were going to list first is though? :puzzled:

Enjoy your stay

Quote Originally Posted by Camby Savelle
    Okay so I read all that, I'm still unclear about what this so called bad stuff you were going to list first is though? :puzzled:

Enjoy your stay
    the bad stuff was about posting pictures without 25 posts....bad naughty new member! heheheh j/k hun

vulfgrl's Avatar Tainted

Hello! I guess I see why you're called switchkitten after that photo post. Cute.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

I believe this will be the longest intro on record. Anyway lass don't feed the animals

well hello there, and welcome.

you can trust me.

to act like a complete bastard.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

you guys are all missing the point!Pictures are good! Maybe we can get her naked soon.hehe.
    this is a grade A intro, welcome hunny! I think you'll like it here! What kind of martial arts do you do? Belly dancing is hot!

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

hi

the bad stuff was about posting pictures without 25 posts....bad naughty new member! heheheh j/k hun
    What are you going to do? You could spank me... If the site didn't tell me I couldn't do it then I wouldn't know that I couldn't. Besides I'm pretty sure that all the pictures I posted were enjoyed by the masses. If anyone was offended by my pictures tell me and I'll take them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    you guys are all missing the point!Pictures are good! Maybe we can get her naked soon.hehe.
    this is a grade A intro, welcome hunny! I think you'll like it here! What kind of martial arts do you do? Belly dancing is hot!
    Considering my loose policy on casual nudity it's a complete possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by a_small_death
    I believe this will be the longest intro on record. Anyway lass don't feed the animals
    Well I read in another thread:

Amelia G
    chick in charge
    Los Angeles

Welcome to the new improved Blue Blood boards! Please start a new thread introducing yourself when you register, so we can all get to know each other. The previous sticky thread asking folks to introduce themselves was getting sooooooooo long that is was hard to see when new people posted and weird to try to respond to six different people at once. The instructions for starting a new thread are to go to the top of the Blue Blood general board here and click the New Thread purple box at the top left.

Please also read the FAQ to get a good understanding of what this community is all about. Don't you wish they had an instruction manual on appropriate behavior like that in junior high? I always thought there was one and I was just absent the day they handed it out.

ForrestBlack
    Administrator
    Hollywood

I'd like to add that it would be really cool if you said a little about yourself in your intro. It would make it a lot easier for folks to get a sense of who they were talking to and sharing ideas with. A simple 'I'm new, hi...' is difficult to respond to in any sort of warm or personal way. It doesn't have to be an essay or anything, just some simple stuff about what you are into, what you enjoy, that sort of thing. Thanks.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In closing I would like to note that I was doing what was suggested. Don't you wish more people knew how to listen and follow suggestions?

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by switchkitten
    Considering my loose policy on casual nudity it's a complete possibility.
    yay! I win!

yay! I win!
    In reality we both win... I'm an exibitionist.

... What kind of martial arts do you do? Belly dancing is hot!
    I have done Tae Kwon Do, Kenpo, and Kick Boxing.
    And yes belly dancing is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by a_small_death
    ...Anyway lass don't feed the animals
    Who would the animals be?

What are you going to do? You could spank me... If the site didn't tell me I couldn't do it then I wouldn't know that I couldn't. Besides I'm pretty sure that all the pictures I posted were enjoyed by the masses. If anyone was offended by my pictures tell me and I'll take them off.
    you did nothing wrong silly..im just jones'in ya

you did nothing wrong silly..im just jones'in ya
    Damn and here I thought I might get a spanking... *pouts*

i think voldta was expressing suprise more than anything else, since new accounts aren't supposed to be able to upload pic's, to protect us from teh spammerz.

which you might not be.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Hello, good evening and welcome to the asylum.:lol

Damn and here I thought I might get a spanking... *pouts*
    spankings eh..? ill have to let you talk to my intern Keikobot. she takes up my appointments and gets em ready for me. your in good hands..dont worry

xOutxOfxStepx's Avatar Junior Member

Whatever comment I might have had prepared was immediately destroyed when that dancing banana emoticon caught my eye. Welcome then, and stuff.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

hah voldta you dirty old man :P
    THAT was a totally cool intro thread. very interesting to read i loved it!
    what kind of beadwork do you do?

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

I am an extremely open minded and unique individual. Yes I know that every person is a unique individual and everyone tries to be open minded but when you find that you don't fit very well into any crowd because trying new things is your favorite hobby... well that goes farther than your average person is willing to go.

I've been hurt by so called "friends" too many times so I try to play hermit and keep to myself but My love of trying new things won't let that go on for too long. I know i'm better off alone but I still feel this perverse, masochistic, need to try to be around people, even though I know they'll only hurt me in the end. Why? Because outside influences introduce new things that I’ve never tried before and that's something I know I can't resist. On the silver side when you expect to be hurt from the beginning you know it's going to happen so you're better off when it finally does. I know people will hurt me, no matter how hard they try not to and no matter how much I do to prevent it, so when it happens I skip the hurt feelings and the anger and move right along to damage control; fixing what the person damaged and preparing defense against that ever happening again. To make a long story short, don't expect me to trust anyone.

I talk way too much for my own good but I think it’s better to speak my mind and know who my real friends are because I know my real friends would do the same.

located where i am. yeah, its hard to fit in & be who you want to be so blargy.
    who cares about fitting in anyhow.

& i agree with you about getting hurt. i just expect it & prepare for it. not pessemistic. i just live in the real world.

& i talk too much
    keeps life interesting.
    geez, how boring would it be if everyone was short on words.

i really didnt think someone could not have a lot to say but i have ran into people who dont say much. they bore the socks off me.
    so i think talking too much is better than not talking at all

anyhow

tis nice to meet you good lady. & your nice pictures.

First off, a big thanks to those who left positive feedback on my intro.
    next...
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    hah voldta you dirty old man :P
    THAT was a totally cool intro thread. very interesting to read i loved it!
    what kind of beadwork do you do?
    I do beaded jewelery and I also put beadwork on some of the clothes/costumes I make. It just isn't a victorian noblewomans' dress unless it's encrusted with garnets and pearls.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoraLie
    located where i am. yeah, its hard to fit in & be who you want to be so blargy.
    who cares about fitting in anyhow.

& i agree with you about getting hurt. i just expect it & prepare for it. not pessemistic. i just live in the real world.

& i talk too much
    keeps life interesting.
    geez, how boring would it be if everyone was short on words.

i really didnt think someone could not have a lot to say but i have ran into people who dont say much. they bore the socks off me.
    so i think talking too much is better than not talking at all

anyhow

tis nice to meet you good lady. & your nice pictures.
    I'm glad to hear that there are kindred spirits out there. You sound like someone i'd like to meet.
    spankings eh..? ill have to let you talk to my intern Keikobot. she takes up my appointments and gets em ready for me. your in good hands..dont worry
    Really??? Who is this "Keikobot" you speak of? If you're not "jones'in" me then I might want to meet this person.

Oh and by the way for those of you who thought it but didn't say it. I was going to post some nearly nude pics but it won't let me now... *pouts*

just get your post count up, and go right ahead and post away with those pics!!

honestly it's just to keep out the riffraff, you're doing okay so far.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

hello...interesting intro

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

I do beaded jewelery and I also put beadwork on some of the clothes/costumes I make. It just isn't a victorian noblewomans' dress unless it's encrusted with garnets and pearls.
    hah thats so true although ive never made anything victorian or... noble haha... i make some beaded jewellery too, but mostly just random little things. its fun

Mother Superior

Hello and welcome to the forum.

What you won´t like about me:

I am an neurotic obssesive with some histerical tendencies.

I am not as dirty as mi friends would like, i am sweeter than wine and cute (some would say)

I am not tolerant to those who like EMO and bands like Nightwish, HIM, Marylin Manson, The Rasmus and other shit.

I am sincere in my own way... i would not say "i don´t like red hot chili pepers" when it´s not exact, i would say "i do positively HATE red hot chilli peppers" because it´s the truth. I am not polite.

I am so nasty when I talk about books because I think the worse vampiric writer ever is Anne Rice (just one good one, the first one, the interview...)

I can´t stand Woody Allen and Disney movies. Is there any problem with that?

I highen music volume at night (my real and only life time) and my brother can´t sleep well and i don´t fucking care.

Now you know me you love me.

Or not.

PS. Most of the time i end up talking about music.

+ Reply to Thread