+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Apples

Mother Superior

Default Apples

Since Fall is coming... I am thinking of cider mills. What are your favorite types of apples and how do you eat them? I like them with caramel and nuts. I prefer a Granny Smith or a McIntosh. I can't stand Red Delicious. I don't like cider either but the local one serves caramel apples there.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default Re: Apples

mmm green apples are super good, I dont like red apples eaither, and they have to be crispy and have a tart to them...I love apple cider, and caramel apples too. I dont care for cooked apples though, apple pie is ick.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

ahh i drink a lot od coder, although its probably not the type of cider youre talking about, but when i eat apples i prefer granny smith or theres another type that i like but i dont remmeber what its called, gennerally i like more sour green apples.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove tart apples. Granny Smiths are my favorites, but I like Empires and Spartans and pretty much anything apple-like.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

GOD I WISH I COULD EAT APPLES!!! id go buy some GIANT green ones omfg... mmmmmmmm...

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

I love the ones grown in washington, red delicious? and fuji! Yummm!

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    GOD I WISH I COULD EAT APPLES!!! id go buy some GIANT green ones omfg... mmmmmmmm...

someone likes apples....

i like an apple called 'pink lady' they became my favorite after the braeburn apples started to lose their flavor.

YAY FALL!!! apple cider is da bomb diggidy! ( i will totally drink a gallon of that stuff.)

i like going to the farmer's markets, and getting just 2-3 of each kind that looks good, around here (NYC) the 'mutsu' apples are pretty tasty...

apples, apples, apples... fall, fall, fall...

i wish everyday was halloween...

...and i had a puppy to kick.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

galas fuijis ink ladys granny smith all yummy, i only ever use hte red ones for baking slice 'em up, dust 'em wiht butter and sugar, a littel cinnoman and bake slices till lightly browned.. serve with cider or top a pie. a yummy treat.

K

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    ahh i drink a lot od coder, although its probably not the type of cider youre talking about, but when i eat apples i prefer granny smith or theres another type that i like but i dont remmeber what its called, gennerally i like more sour green apples.
    Do you mean the alcoholic ciders ? They are very popular in Europe especially in Finland. I never had it but my Finnish friends seemed to like it when they sauna.

reading this thread makes me totally bummed out that there isn't a farmer's market today... wah.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    Do you mean the alcoholic ciders ? They are very popular in Europe especially in Finland. I never had it but my Finnish friends seemed to like it when they sauna.
    yes im mean hard cider, the only bad thing about it is here in the US there isnt a lot of selection unless you buy imported stuff, which is kind of expensive. But Strongbow Dry (which is an import from Britain) is probably my favorite non-hard liquor alchoholic beverage.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GnArKiLL
    someone likes apples....
    i freaking love apples... but baby dont like em and they make me throw up

im sick of being pregnant, its jamies turn hehe...

morbid_lady's Avatar Senior Member

I"m all for empires...

and for anyone completly obessed with apples u should come to my town sept 22-24....its Applefest weekend!!! WoooHooo

i got my cider at the famer's market yesterday woo-hoo!!

+ Reply to Thread