+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does this seem sad

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default Does this seem sad

yeah its cute, but that baby is so chunky, it makes me sad

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: Does this seem sad

heh, i was born like that, and now im like really skinny, fucking weird, i guess yeah i dunno, im incredibly drunk right now, yeah...

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I'm not sure, but I don't think what a baby looks like that young has much bearing on later appearance.

I have to get my parents to see if they can find my first passport. It is really really horrifying in a get-the-exorcist kinda way.

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

i was a fat fat baby. but i'm skinny as could be now. so blargy

kadens chunky too..but this baby just seems overly so..hes probably only six months old and it seems like all those extra rolls will slow him down from learning to crawl and walk.

Zombie_Fatale's Avatar Senior Member

the baby definitelly will change with growing up.. People do have this tendency..

I was extremelly skinny in the childhood.. bare skin n' bones

Those sort of pictures are why the terrorists hate us. I think it's great! That is exactly why America is #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I'm not sure, but I don't think what a baby looks like that young has much bearing on later appearance..
    i wasn't so much concerned of how he will look when hes older, but it seems like it would slow his advancements down, as far as walking and crawling and climbing, thats alot of extra weight for a little guy.

I was super fat when I was a baby too, 11.5lbs to be exact, but to me it looks like that baby is way overfed.
    Also right before I saw this picture I saw a talk show with a 212lb 5 year old..kinda reminded me of that

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I was so fat as a baby they nicnamed me Fat Belly Black... seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I was so fat as a baby they nicnamed me Fat Belly Black... seriously.
    lol well if it makes you feel any better, they nicknamed me thunderthighs, they even put me in a swing in the nursery window with a sign above me that said thunderthighs, I was the biggest baby ever born in the hospital

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

awwwww forrest!!! PMH!!! *hugs*
    thats so mean to call you guys fat baby names...
    yeah that baby totally looks a bit too fat to me... hehe... but its cute.

Nonamepunk's Avatar Hip-Hop Anonymous

obesity in general is sad to me......such a preventable affliction.........but well for us who live in america.....who just happens to be the fattest nation..........arrggg.

Houston was voted fattest city........errggg why am i from texas and skinny i dont know.........oh well ya that baby does make me kinda sad.

Mother Superior

This is a serious issue and this child can't get into the car and go get his snacks..... yet. Obviously it would appear he is being overfed. This child may have a problem where he gains weight or has a fucked up thyroid and or metabolism problem. It's hard to gauge from a photo and not knowing anything about him. I would hope the parents of this child intervene soon and save him from other mental and or physical issues down the road. I am sure he is a lovely child but he is being set up for so many health issues later on. A parent has to be very careful when making a child diet, it may scar them emotionally forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    This is a serious issue and this child can't get into the car and go get his snacks..... yet. Obviously it would appear he is being overfed. This child may have a problem where he gains weight or has a fucked up thyroid and or metabolism problem. It's hard to gauge from a photo and not knowing anything about him. I would hope the parents of this child intervene soon and save him from other mental and or physical issues down the road. I am sure he is a lovely child but he is being set up for so many health issues later on. A parent has to be very careful when making a child diet, it may scar them emotionally forever.
    THANK YOU!!!

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Here in america we have this big is beautiful mentality. There was kid sent home from school with a note from the nurse saying his 300lbs was un healthy and the 400lb mom and the 500lb dad sued the school saying htere's nothing wrong the kid, he's just a big boy like his dad.

Drs are now being told that they can't tell a child that they are over weight/obese/fat because it could damage thier self esteem.

I was walking through the classic rides at Disney Land (CA) where the aisles in the que were just wide enough for Rob and I to stand single file, comfortably. I watched te CMs have to let a family on the ride through the wheelchair ramp because they couldn't fit through the que. Later in the afternoon we were over at Roger Rabbit's cartoon spin and Mommy Daddy and Baby so big htey couldn't get the lap bar down it shut down the ride. the ride was down for 45 minutes to get family off the ride and reset all the machines.

So yes to me this picture is sad. It's making light of a very serious problem that plauges the people of this country. And it's not like there aren't alternatives to high fructose laden crud that is sold every where in pre packaged meals and snacks. You don't have to be a vegetarian to eat lean meats and home made bread, You don't have ot "starve" for the sake of portion control. And over feeding babies like this only compounds the problem.

err... sorry about that. </rant>

K

Mother Superior

That photo is just for insensitive morons who need a laugh, we all know that. I wasn't laughing. Why a 400 plus pound person would go to Disneyland, I really don't see the logic. How did these people get around? Were they in wheelchairs or? I mean last time I checked amusement parks required a lot of walking. I am not saying that they didn't have a right to be there but it definitely sets them up for fucked up issues/situations.. as in the rides not being able to accomodate for their excess weight. I guess this kind of fits under the same category as why extremely overweight people wear clothes that exposes their flab? Because they can? I am overweight and I surely don't wear clothing that isn't flattering to my figure or showing all of my shit. I suppose sometimes you just have to live and let live and keep your eyes on your own paper.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

That photo is just for insensitive morons who need a laugh, we all know that. I wasn't laughing. Why a 400 plus pound person would go to Disneyland, I really don't see the logic. How did these people get around? Were they in wheelchairs or? I mean last time I checked amusement parks required a lot of walking. I am not saying that they didn't have a right to be there but it definitely sets them up for fucked up issues/situations.. as in the rides not being able to accomodate for their excess weight. I guess this kind of fits under the same category as why extremely overweight people wear clothes that exposes their flab? Because they can? I am overweight and I surely don't wear clothing that isn't flattering to my figure or showing all of my shit. I suppose sometimes you just have to live and let live and keep your eyes on your own paper.

ECVs or Electronic Convience Vehicles. It is not uncommon to see what appears be the worlds largest t shirt draped over waht could easily be mistaken for a one of Wonka's blueberries driving one of these ECVs through the crowds to get from ride to ride. And they are the most inconsiderate asshats I've EVER had to deal with. Like I should feel bad for being my size while there are people like them out there in the world. *sigh* I've seen them run over children to get into lines for rides, and french fries.

K

+ Reply to Thread