+ Reply to Thread

Thread: would you think it made sense to go to court sober for a drunk driving hearing?

and your little dog too

Default would you think it made sense to go to court sober for a drunk driving hearing?

Ark. woman shows up drunk at DWI hearing
    from yahoo

LITTLE ROCK - A Little Rock woman facing her fifth drunken-driving charge in the span of a year — and third in less than a month — showed up to a court appearance drunk Tuesday morning, a court official said.

Susan Marshall, 55, was arrested for contempt of court after a brief appearance in Little Rock District Court, said chief probation officer Sheila Farley. Marshall later had a blood-alcohol level of 0.147 percent, Farley said. The legal limit for adult drivers in Arkansas is 0.08 percent.

Marshall said she did not drive to her court appearance and had no keys when arrested, Farley said.

Marshall, who had three drunken-driving arrests in September, was taken to Pulaski County Jail. She was scheduled for another court appearance Wednesday, Farley said.

Default Re: would you think it made sense to go to court sober for a drunk driving hearing?

It would be cool if she was in a band... I wonder if she has a problem?

and your little dog too

Default Re: would you think it made sense to go to court sober for a drunk driving hearing?

maybe she is in a band

Then I'd say she was Maximum-Rock&Roll!

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

.147 is nothing - I wonder what statute she was held in contempt over. If having a drink before court was a crime in its own right, every lawyer I've met is in trouble. The judge was probably pushing the same numbers after lunch. If she couldn't remember her name, fell asleep on the stand and broke into a Johnny Cash number, that's a different issue. Only Courtney's allowed to do that.

Gotta say though, LR looks one hell of a lot better after a few shots.

mG

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

reminds me of that cheech and chong movie

"fucking vodka"

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

what? she didn't drive there..she was showing what she's learned since her arrest.

hehe

lol, wow I guess she wanted a few drinks to "calm" the nerves.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    reminds me of that cheech and chong movie

"fucking vodka"

doesn't that burn? i don't like alcohol near the nether regions.. ok there was that one time, but that was for charity

Annabel Elaine's Avatar Mistress of disaster!

All though i know that a quick hit is good for the nerves, ive done that myself! however showing up to court on a drunk driving charge drunk is a tad contemptuous- only 'cause it implys that she doesn't accept responcibiliity for her actions.

+ Reply to Thread