+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hahaha goddamned Good Charlotte

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Default Hahaha goddamned Good Charlotte

So I was at my regular bar last night, and who walks in but the faggots from Good Charlottle, the terrible pop-punk band.

I walked over and asked the singer, "Hey, are you the guy from Good Charlotte?" and when he said yeah I just walked away laughing.

Fuck those posers.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Default Re: Hahaha goddamned Good Charlotte

awww!!
    well... theyre cute at least... i find their music... tolerable... for about a CD's length time...
    but yeah. not really my favorite. but super cute hehee... i guess they have to be to keep all the girls interested hey?

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I absolutely can not fucking stand that group. all they are is another whiny boy band with a hot topic makeover. fuck those posers is right. I wouldn't even piss on any of them if thier hair was on fire.

dude, you didn't challenge them to arm wrestel?

HAH voltaire... what if they werent on fire? thats a whole nother story...

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    dude, you didn't challenge them to arm wrestel?
    What would be the point? Litle Benji-boy was like 5'4" and weighed less than some of the better dumps I've taken.

hah shit hes tiny! how cute

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Rock.. you are a god of your own making

It's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    HAH voltaire... what if they werent on fire? thats a whole nother story...
    that costs money. for any of them I would have to tack on a rather large extra "icky" fee........
    Last edited by VoltaireBlue; 10-21-2006 at 12:43 PM. Reason: i'm retarded.

hey, would you mind telling me what bar this was so I can know where NOT to go?

the point gentle rockwulf is this

if they decline your offer to prove themselves worthy with feats of strength you may demand that they cease their musical stylings forthwith.

if the accept your most gracious offer, you can rip one a them arms clean outta the socket, and keep it as a watch fob.

...this sort of ploy comes over best if feign drunken friendliness. cheerfully becoming louder, and more insistent, all the while watching them squirm...

normally i'd consider behavior like that fucking annoying, but these guys deserve it for offending our ears.

ah well.

the point gentle rockwulf is this

if they decline your offer to prove themselves worthy with feats of strength you may demand that they cease their musical stylings forthwith.

if the accept your most gracious offer, you can rip one a them arms clean outta the socket, and keep it as a watch fob.

...this sort of ploy comes over best if feign drunken friendliness. cheerfully becoming louder, and more insistent, all the while watching them squirm...

normally i'd consider behavior like that fucking annoying, but these guys deserve it for offending our ears.

ah well.
    Y'know, I like the way you think chief...

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    hey, would you mind telling me what bar this was so I can know where NOT to go?
    Don't judge the bar based on the clientel of one night. I got there all the time and it's a killer place. Great people and lots of killer music on the jukeboxes. It's known as a "punk bar" or sorts so I guess Good Charlotte had to go and try to earn cred, it didn't work out well for them.

But for anyone in Philly, I highly recommend Mako's on 3rd and South. Best dive in the city.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

The time I think anyone ever needs to listen to Good Charolette is when you havn't shit in a week and just need to take a good brutal dump. That'll get those ol pipes goin.

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

I used to like GC. Still kind of do . . . their first cd & stuff. but they are a bit lame.

hey... it's kids music... why upset?

btw there's plenty of musicians and other artist doing shitty/cheesy work just to sell out and on the other side they are actualy cool people...

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Here we go again, time to buck the trend and disagree with some of the people I like most on this slice of e-life - but hell, OliX started it so if there's a lynchin' planned...

You don't like their music. I can tell that. You don't like them because you don't like their music. I can tell that too, but can't understand your logic. If you knew them personally and therefore knew they were rabbit-raping players of the Pink Oboe, then fine and dandy. Slag them off, laugh in their faces and avoid the fire precaution arrangement with Voltaire. Question is, do you? With all due respect (and I mean that) walking up to someone, laughing and walking away ain't up there with the best of mature plans. Sitting down and debating if what they're doing is right or wrong would be way more fun and way more effective if you won.

People get into the music business to achieve one of two goals. They either want to spread their artistic creations to the poor uneducated masses and receive adulation, or they want to live in a house with a closet bigger than the Giant's Stadium parking lot and see millions of kids at $10 a shot as their ticket. What actually happens is your management company gets the big house, the IRS get your car and Betty Ford gets your belt and shoelaces. Either way you have fun on the journey and play the game for all you're worth - the gig never lasts as long as you want. So this group plays cheesy unit-shifters and treats the world as a playground - what's wrong with that exactly? They're young kids having the ride of their lives and looking at a few more years before it explodes. Doesn't mean they're faggots, doesn't mean they force kittens into food mixers each night - and I'm sorry but it doesn't mean they think what they do is anything other than a marketing campaign for cheese. If you can sell cheese, sell cheese. You're allowed to be a nice guy even if you're paid to act like shit when you're "at work" - the world's meter maids would attest to that.

As to pissing on people, Avenged Sevenfold are the current champions, so Voltaire, if the occasion arises....

mG

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    Here we go again, time to buck the trend and disagree with some of the people I like most on this slice of e-life - but hell, OliX started it so if there's a lynchin' planned...

You don't like their music. I can tell that. You don't like them because you don't like their music. I can tell that too, but can't understand your logic. If you knew them personally and therefore knew they were rabbit-raping players of the Pink Oboe, then fine and dandy. Slag them off, laugh in their faces and avoid the fire precaution arrangement with Voltaire. Question is, do you? With all due respect (and I mean that) walking up to someone, laughing and walking away ain't up there with the best of mature plans. Sitting down and debating if what they're doing is right or wrong would be way more fun and way more effective if you won.

People get into the music business to achieve one of two goals. They either want to spread their artistic creations to the poor uneducated masses and receive adulation, or they want to live in a house with a closet bigger than the Giant's Stadium parking lot and see millions of kids at $10 a shot as their ticket. What actually happens is your management company gets the big house, the IRS get your car and Betty Ford gets your belt and shoelaces. Either way you have fun on the journey and play the game for all you're worth - the gig never lasts as long as you want. So this group plays cheesy unit-shifters and treats the world as a playground - what's wrong with that exactly? They're young kids having the ride of their lives and looking at a few more years before it explodes. Doesn't mean they're faggots, doesn't mean they force kittens into food mixers each night - and I'm sorry but it doesn't mean they think what they do is anything other than a marketing campaign for cheese. If you can sell cheese, sell cheese. You're allowed to be a nice guy even if you're paid to act like shit when you're "at work" - the world's meter maids would attest to that.

As to pissing on people, Avenged Sevenfold are the current champions, so Voltaire, if the occasion arises....

mG
    Because I'm a smart, reasoably good looking, reasonably in shape, funny guy who has to bust my hump at a shit job for everything I have and if I can shit on someone who's done virtually nothing to gain more than I'll ever have while annoying me with their shitty anthems, even for just a second, I'm gonna do it. That's why.

hey at least you're honest... and you forgot to mention your narcistic side too or egoistics... whichever it is, you chose

actualy you might not be it but one is for shure... you get pissed of for nothing... find your peace

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    hey at least you're honest... and you forgot to mention your narcistic side too or egoistics... whichever it is, you chose
    Yer goddamned right I am. And I'm way more humble than most people too.

that's why I like you

Nonamepunk's Avatar Hip-Hop Anonymous

GC makes me vomit.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Good Charlot? never heard of them, guess thats a good thing

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I pretty much agree with Mindgames.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    Because I'm a smart, reasoably good looking, reasonably in shape, funny guy who has to bust my hump at a shit job for everything I have and if I can shit on someone who's done virtually nothing to gain more than I'll ever have while annoying me with their shitty anthems, even for just a second, I'm gonna do it. That's why.
    I'm not picking a fight dude - don't really know you, assume you're a decent guy and all that.. but by your logic becoming wealthy without "working hard" is an inherently bad thing to be punished for. So I guess you don't gamble, in case you win and have to beat yourself up for it.

The music industry isn't an easy ride - Spinal Tap is true to the core but the script came in at the farewell tour - getting signed, whoring yourself to A+R, running promo and smiling on every kids show from here to Shanghai ain't a walk in the park. You bust balls for five years to get signed, give up fighting for your freedom in the hope you'll lose the battle and win the war, then ten years on you're replaced with a posse of blonds formed on reality TV and your only chance of a pay packet is to guest at the opening of a pack of crackers. GC have had 8 years on-label and pushed over 5 million units, so someone likes em. Last estimate from the RIAA was a million unsigned artists in the USA aiming for a deal, and the ones that get there have something. You may not like the musical style but you can't disagree that these guys got a contract when the other 999,996 are still shifting mac'n'cheese.

mG

rockwulf-mindgames is their manager

you call that Dribble they put out Music???

just shoot me ,,WAIT <<<WAIT ,,just shoot them next time ..

rockwulf-mindgames is their manager
    I come here to escape from work so if I'm talking about an artist you can safely assume I'm not taking a percent. I'm real careful to stay out of threads related to people I work with as I don't want to be accused of pushing any agendas - and besides I get sick of the office just like the rest of the world does. Don't need to take it home, don't want to take it home, sure as hell ain't getting paid to be here.

What I'm saying on this thread is simply my personal point of view based on experience and I'd be saying the same thing about Pink, Britney or Garth fcking Brooks.

mG

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    I come here to escape from work so if I'm talking about an artist you can safely assume I'm not taking a percent. I'm real careful to stay out of threads related to people I work with as I don't want to be accused of pushing any agendas - and besides I get sick of the office just like the rest of the world does. Don't need to take it home, don't want to take it home, sure as hell ain't getting paid to be here.

What I'm saying on this thread is simply my personal point of view based on experience and I'd be saying the same thing about Pink, Britney or Garth fcking Brooks.

mG
    Matter o' fact Pink is a pretty awesome chick. I met her a few times right around when her first album dropped. She lived near the record store I worked at and she would come in all the time to see how her album was selling. We'd always bust her chops and tell her that we had hundreds of them and were using to prop up the wobbly file cabinet in the back etc.

+ Reply to Thread