+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever been thrown out of a bar?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Have you ever been thrown out of a bar?

If so, what were the circumstances?

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Default Re: Have you ever been thrown out of a bar?

way too many times. We brought strippers into a bar in Iowa (that didn't go down to well). Set fire to our drummer (sambucca.. eeeesh). Generally it's been too many of us, looking too strange to not be on drugs or gangbangers, and one scared local with an 8-bore under the counter. I never understand why the places that want to throw you out are the ones that look like they need your cash.

I actually kinda like getting thrown out - if you time it right you get hoofed before you pay your tab.

I was bricked in once, if that's worth a diversion. Little bar in the middle of God-knows-where in Germany after the Munich Beer Festival, and the locals were awesome for a change. We were in there all damn night doing damage to jagermeister, while a group of guys we'd flown over with found a construction site and built a brick wall in front of the door. You have no idea how drunk you think you are when you open the door and find another wall.

What about you though? Your avatar is of course a pale reflection of your true beauty, but I'm damn sure I've seen the uncropped version pinned behind a few cash registers...

You know - the one that shows the inmate number.

I've been asked to leave a few times. I've gotten really irritated and belligerent when the bartender stops serving me. I think that's only natural though. Who would know better than me when I've had enough.

Nothing really serious. I've never been roughed up by a bouncer.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I've been dragged out the back door while entirely too intoxicated for my own good.

And after breaking a Dj's jaw at a strip club for trying to put his fingers in my thong there's restraining order against me. That was five years ago.

K

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I can't remember

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

surprisingly, no.

I'm afraid not.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

not yet, but i almost got nailed when a guy who was in the bathroom at the same time as me lit up a joint at a club. we were all asked to leave the bathroom and "dont do whatever it was there ever again."

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

hah only for not having ID... that kinda sucked... had to walk around for awhile with my friend who was complaining THE ENTIRE TIME how shes never been kicked out of a bar before, this sucks, im so pissed, blah blah blah... i just wanted to be like YEAH it woudla happened eventually shut up! grr.

Amaltheas_Attic's Avatar Member

I was arrested in a Denny's once for taking the "it will be our pleasure to seat you" sign. I took it because it was CLEARLY not their pleasure at all! I'd been there over 20 minutes, in a place that was largely empty with 3 waitresses standing about ignoring me and my friend. I didn't want them to have false advertising about. Luckily, the cops were more annoyed with the manager than with me, and while my friend and I got pled down to a ticket, we ended up with pens and pictures and cute little stuffed elephants that said "elephants never forget to buckle up!" Yay for nice cops

Rob was kicked out of a Denny's with Switchblade Symphony because appearantly there is a law against private acappella concerts at two am in an empty resturaunts.

My mother-in-law was thrown out of a Denny's for stealing the carafe. She ordered a carafe of Orange Juice and hte waitress told her she couldn't have one. So when antoehr waiter finally brought it to her, she drank all the OJ and then stuffed the carafe up her pant leg and walked out with it. It's sitting on the bar full of loose change as a testement to those of us who can drink an entire carafe of juice by ourselves.

K

broken jaw? restraining order? you know you're one of my favorite people who posts here right keiko?

hmmm, lessee... if i have, i don't rightly recall... i have the unfortunate genetic trait of owning a trick liver... keeps you sober until you've had enough to black out... then the fun starts... but you never remember it.

i don't drink anymore, or go to bars often anyway.

frequently i'm the one urging my friends to leave a place that's way past closing... since apparently i'm the only one who can sense the pleading of the the staff, who told us to scram ages ago...

um. once a hick tried to start a fight with me and my bestfriend at a bar during lunch. he kept talking shit until my buddy told him to go back to his barstool, and be sad. then the bartender came over to us, and said he didn't want any trouble.... huh? heh... of course we were both completely out of our minds at the time, it would have been baaaaaaaad.

fuck now i really really want some juice.
    i could drink a whole carafe of juice myself... it might take me a couple hours but i could do it! mmmmmmm juice.

dennys... is so gross haha...

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Only once, and it was for being disrespectful of a dj that had died recently. I hadn't even said what I said in the bar, it was on a website. The barman just took great offence to someone not liking his friend so he was instrumental in my being barred from the pub. No real loss to be honest, I was only in there at the time because the club we should have been in had been double-booked and friends wanted to go there.

That was over a year ago, and I haven't been back since.

Annabel Elaine's Avatar Mistress of disaster!

After sneaking into several bars and ordering drinks without ID, strangely the only time i ever got kicked out of anywere was a high school social and i wasn't drunk! one of my friends at the time came in roaring drunk and spilt wiskey all over me, i pushed her off me and to make a short story shorter: the head teacher saw this as a drunken brawl between two stoner students and chucked us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaltheas_Attic
    I was arrested in a Denny's once for taking the "it will be our pleasure to seat you" sign. I took it because it was CLEARLY not their pleasure at all! I'd been there over 20 minutes, in a place that was largely empty with 3 waitresses standing about ignoring me and my friend. I didn't want them to have false advertising about. Luckily, the cops were more annoyed with the manager than with me, and while my friend and I got pled down to a ticket, we ended up with pens and pictures and cute little stuffed elephants that said "elephants never forget to buckle up!" Yay for nice cops
    These are all pretty awesome so far, but this just rules!

I was thrown out of a Denny's once because my one (male) friend offered (loudly) to lick my other (male) friend's nipples until they bleed.

Oh, yes. I've been thrown out for being drunk and rowdy, for my friends being too drunk and rowdy while I was being drunk and quiet, for fighting (drunk & sober), and for general misdeeds while sober.

I have a near perfect sense of decorum at all times.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Never a bar, but...

2 weeks before I graduated High School, I was bored... I went out drove through 4 cities, and got kicked out of;

2 Malls
    38 restaurants (Every Denny's in Renton, Issaquah, Redmond, And Bellevue)
    15 gas stations
    9 drug stores
    3 bowling alleys
    1 police station
    2 firehouses
    6 pet stores
    1 women's clothing store

how the fuck do you get yourself kicked out of a police station? i would think if youre being that much of an asshole, theyd just take you in the back haha... jeebus.
    AND WHATS WITH ALL THE DENNY'S?!!! this is weird.

Amaltheas_Attic's Avatar Member

Denny's is a bit notorious for not being tolerant of "the odd."

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Yeah I have.

First time I was in the Contour pre clubbing hours on a sort of date with a very hot girl. We had a few beers and apparently offended some super yuppies so bad with our smooching and nose nuzzling we were asked to leave.

Oh NOEZ the gayness.

I was booted out of a bar for hitting a guy with a bottle. He put his finger down the back of my pants into the crack of my ass. He got a black eye.

I've been booted out of a bar for the following other offenses: hand in a girls pants, (we both got booted), calling a bouncer a cunt, throwing a shot glass at someone, flashing and once for kicking someone in the erm...taint.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Let's just say I used to have a bad history long ago with bar brawling

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i act up in dennys all the time, and i dont look "normal" at all, yet ive never once been kicked out of de3nnys. I have been kicked out of bars for being underage though.

i figure it doesn't count if you voluntarily flee before the police arrive right?

Quote Originally Posted by inox
    Oh, yes. I've been thrown out for being drunk and rowdy, for my friends being too drunk and rowdy while I was being drunk and quiet, for fighting (drunk & sober), and for general misdeeds while sober.

I have a near perfect sense of decorum at all times.
    I think I've been thrown out for your friends being too drunk and rowdy (although I might have participated in an incident involving flying food.)

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

nope. but ive thrown people out of my bar...usually its not for being too drunk, just for being too annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    i figure it doesn't count if you voluntarily flee before the police arrive right?
    That might count.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I've been physically thrown out of a bar because I pushed a security guard aside to help a friend go to the ladies room too close to closing time.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I've been physically thrown out of a bar because I pushed a security guard aside to help a friend go to the ladies room too close to closing time.
    I really had to go. You know, I think I've been involved in more bar and restaurant ejections than I would have initially estimated.

Once, when I was in college, I got like the whole Animal House frat thrown out of the school dining hall. I had sort of dated one of them and while that turned into nothing, we had enough of a connection to orchestrate an immense food fight. The dining hall people thought the tables by me looked innocent, so only they got thrown out. I felt kinda bad about that, because they were nice to me, but it was funny too.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I think I've been thrown out for your friends being too drunk and rowdy (although I might have participated in an incident involving flying food.)
    Yes, we did have a bit of a blast radius of blame, although as you point out with the food, you were hardly innocent of wrongdoing.

Quote Originally Posted by inox
    Yes, we did have a bit of a blast radius of blame, although as you point out with the food, you were hardly innocent of wrongdoing.
    And the great expression of the day is: blast radius of blame

Awesomely apt. That's going to be my excuse now.

humm when i started cleaning out the top shelve of bottles and pukin ,,

Oh and findin $100, bills peeps droped , ya they get pissy and thew me out ,BUT

I had cab fare !
    A
    Hell ive thrown My self out for being to drunk , never did drink like that while workin tho (bartending )you dont make money like that ,and PV Projectile Vomiting ,,i found Shrimp are the best , man they can fly !

most times tho found myself being tossed after i help Break up a fight ,,their ,like and HIM <<HE WAS IN IT TOO! <points finger in my direction , no i was helpin ,,, but i had too kick that guy ,He was chokin your freind too death !

ewwwww anarkey... shrimp??? jeeeebus...

Satiate's Avatar Senior Member

well, this is a complicated answer... i've been in a band where members were kicked out, and because i was associated with them, i was asked to leave, too... but when we'd come back a week later, we were accepted back with open arms...

i was "the good girl" (yeah, people who know me are laughing really hard right now) in a band full of insane euro-trash (my pet name for them)... and my austrian drummer loved to pulled out his dick to show off a tattoo he had on it anytime a lovely young lass would catch his eye... he would come up with new and inventive ways, until i told him, buying them drinks would probably work better... (who'd have guessed i would have to use to whole, you get more flies with honey analogy in my life?) but yeah, it usually involved that...

but my most memorable, well, it's something of legend here in the hollywood rock scene... i will try to condense it... and hopefully, i'll be able to relay it in an written format half as funny as it was later told to me... (oh yeah, one of those nights)...

it was a crazy time for me... two weeks previous to this night, i came home from tour early to bust my boyfriend of 5.5 years had been having a second life/affair on me... (that's a whole different story) and it was right before christmas, and half of my band was flying back to europe to see family before the next tour started... and my band, bless their little black hearts, now they really were like 5 older brothers, and they decided that not only would we all go out drinking, but they were going to get me hammered and laid...

well, our tour manager, who i have to say had the patience of a saint to put up with us, didn't know what was the plan for the night, scheduled with a reporter from a pretty decent european rock publication an interview with us at said bar... so we show up ripped... and the reporter was enjoying our company... we proceeded to get him pretty hammered while he's recording us regaling him with tour stories...

now, i pass out in the booth of the bar... like asleep laying down... and what i'm going to proceed to tell you is a mixture of the 5 other band mates, the tour manager, the reporter, one of our roadies, a few bar patrons, the LAPD and a video tape...

toward the end of the interview, this lovely young lady that one of my guitarist has had a crush on for some time walked in with a group of people, and we talked him into going up and asking her out... so he proceeds to try and say "hi" and she dissed him... so he reaches into his pocket pulls out a bill and goes "$20 for a blowjob"... (i guess, some men don't take rejection too well)... well, this cultured woman was a bit irked by this question, but her recently acquired boyfriend was a bit bent... so my guitarist profusely apologized, reached into his pocket and pulled out another bill and said "I'm so sorry, I meant $40." that's when punches start flying, furniture starts breaking, drinks are spilling, people screaming and my tour manager turns to my other guitarist and singer in the band and tells them to put my comatose body and my barely coherant drummer on the bus bench outside the bar and to call the driver to come get us...

after we were placed on the bus bench, (him able to somewhat walk and me, snoring/passed out)... the singer walks back into the bar to help break up the brawl and the other guitarist proceeds to start vomitting in the bushes... when he's supposed to stick with us and babysit us... our bassist leaves the bar completely because he was a pussy and is afraid of being arrested (yeah, he never lived that one down)... leaving just the original guitarist, the singer, the tour manager, a couple roadies inside to break up the now full bar brawl...

during this entertaining debaucle, my drummer decided for some hair brained reason, he wants to make out with my comatose body... but before anything can happen, he loses his balance and knocks himself off of the bus bench pulling my dead weight body with him, rolling us into not just the gutter or first lane of traffic, but in the middle of the second and first lanes of traffic... BLOCKING compeletely one of most busy streets in hollywood (sunset blvd.) in one direction...

well, of course, the first car to pull up the middle lane was a cop car... my top's all askew... i'm lying on my back... my drummer is on top of me... my other guitarist is puking still in the bushes... the fight is still going on inside the bar... the driver is nowhere close to being there yet...

*sigh*

so after a small tussle, both my drummer and i are handcuffed in the back of a cop car... i'm still passed out (but will later wake up with an egg sized knot behind my ear on my skull and a bloody ear...) my other guitarist, well, he's a scot... so he barrels up "whut's this all aboot officer?" the officer and the guitarist start arguing, he ends up in the back of the second cop car that pulls up... then the singer comes outside to check on the status of everything because the bar brawl is FINALLY winding down... he is from Holland, and his English still isn't too great, because though he spoke it decently, with mainly just verb and understood everything but, of course, some American slang... proceeds to try to tell the officers something along the lines of that there's a designated driver coming to take us away so we won't be causing anymore trouble to just let this one slide and let us go... But what comes out is "Officer, we are very drunk, you must let us go and driving home now."

Go figure the cops didn't like hearing that.... And proceeded to tell him in so many words that if he got in a car driving like that they'd arrest him... Of course, the singer got upset because he was like "It's not illegal to get in a car because I'm drunk." They both didn't realize the miscommunication caused by the language barrier and then next thing you know, yep you guessed it, my singer is in the back of a third cop car.

So finally the tour manager, the original guitarist and the crew walks out to four out of five members in the back of cop cars with flashing lights everywhere. It took a lot of cajoling, but yes, we were given a slap on the wrist and the 8 charges against my comatose body were dropped... (obstruction of traffic, lewd and devious behavior - i did mention my top was askew-, public drunkeness, just to name a few) and I woke up the next morning feeling like the 7 dwarves were mining for gold in my ear... over 80 voicemails asking either me or my loved ones to call them to let them know about funerals, arrest times, how long am i going to be in jail?, 'dude i heard you fucked some guy on sunset?' etc. etc.

(Yeah, I swear I didn't rightly earn the reputation of almost putting on a Tijuana donkey show on Sunset Blvd. at the height of Saturday night traffic... )

It was weird, though we were already selling out venues like House of Blues and The Key Club previously, we started earning this reputation of being the jack asses of L.A. Certain things were amped to '11' with us.

And the very next month, we were invited back to the same bar we did over $3500 worth of damage in, and given free drinks to come in to hang out. That magazine reporter documented us as "The L.A. band that makes Oasis' Gallagher Brothers seem calm, cool, collected. These are the people you are fearful of and excited about when invited to go out and grab a drink with..."

And with that I would like to thank the 22 drinks I had before my head hit the sidewalk. (All 8 cans of Pabst and remaining shots of vodka and tequila.)

It's nice to know your limits.

I've been thrown out with the band before - Right Kellie? I think Amelia and Forrest were there that night too. At the Das Bunker 9th anni show. It was the best worst night ever.

K

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

hhmmmm..once for sneaking a bottle of alcohol at Perversion... and on Halloween we got kicked out of MJ's in Glendale before even going inside, cuz the security guard at the parking lot saw me drinking in the car..

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    I've been thrown out with the band before - Right Kellie? I think Amelia and Forrest were there that night too. At the Das Bunker 9th anni show. It was the best worst night ever.

K
    Oh yea, fuck that club. They really fucked the promoter over, and pretty much everyone at the event too. They overcharged my debit card, and I had to dispute it wth the damn bank. Fuck them

Anyway...
    Ive been thrown out of a few places for underage drinking when I was underage. I was thrown out of a bar for my best friend and I being way to drunk, then telling the manager to go fuck himself.
    Same best friend and I got thrown out of a porn store once. (peekaboo on cheshire bridge road). We were pulling curtains open on the guys in the jerk off booths, and being way too drunk and obnoxious.
    Same friend again and I got thrown out of a bar last Sat night for throwing a bottle of water on the DJ for no reason. He was mad.
    hahahhahaha

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Honey I got thrown out of HOLLYWOOD!!! I can't even go into DETAIL... It had something to do with sex...

Oh, and of course, the whole subject of my script and book is me getting thrown out of a goth club... Basically it had something to do with sex... Me having sex with the club promoter and his bitchy girlfriend not really liking it... Ahem... Anyway, sex ALWAYS seems to get me into trouble...

Some girls have sex with boys and they get married and get diamond rings and picket fences,,, etc.. But me, no way,.. With me it is always this traumatic angry nightmare...

I think I will become a nun...

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Hahahahaha! Too many times to count. My most recent was the Vine in Tempe, AZ...something about me starting a bar wide brawl. I was 86ed, not that it bothers me too much, but there was just something funny about the modified crowd pitted against ASU jocks and yuppies that Ill never forget!

Guess its way too many sci-fi novels..but what Jax just wrote brought to mind a bunch of "modified" people having there arms explode open into gun barrels/sabers etc ...feet becoming roller blades etc etc. then having a huge melee with the jocks.

-zones out-

+ Reply to Thread