+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sugar Gliders

ShaedeDesire's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: Sugar Gliders

Actually...going theory is that order Chiroptera falls between order Insectivora (shrews, hedgehogs, tenrec, etc.) and lower Primata (marmots, bush babies, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by ShaedeDesire
    Actually...going theory is that order Chiroptera falls between order Insectivora (shrews, hedgehogs, tenrec, etc.) and lower Primata (marmots, bush babies, etc.).
    Yes I knew that anteaters split off from primates at one point....just think- what an extended family we come from...so the vampire thingie isn't too off the mark- P.

GasmaskGirl's Avatar Senior Member
    Ottawa Ontario, Canada (actually born in Saskatchewan Canada)

my fiancé and i were going to adopt a baby sugar glider - until we heard them. They are soooo freaking loud. Imagine the sound of a squeaky toy filled with water and multiply it to a billion decibles. We decided not to get it.

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Awwww I want a critter. Now I'm going to pout see what you did Keiko.

And I must say both the sugar gliders and the kinkajous are some cute little fuckas.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

I used to have a sugar glider it got some weird disease and died about a year ago the permits for them cost almost as much as the animals themselves and some vets dont really know how to treat them properly so they can be a pain in the ass Id rather have something more practical so Im going to genetically create my own velociraptor

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I still haven't gotten one but I really really want one, loud or not. I have loud cats, too. Anything id better than the kids outside.
    K

they'r cute.... but nothing cuter than my cat Mimmy, siam (spelling?!?!) btw. she's like my sister

HelenaHotpants's Avatar Exception, not the rule

I had a good friend who had one. He would let it ride around in his backpack all day, take it to classes and stuff (this was in college). It was the cutest, most affectionate little critter I have ever met. Made me want to get one ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by GasmaskGirl
    my fiancé and i were going to adopt a baby sugar glider - until we heard them. They are soooo freaking loud. Imagine the sound of a squeaky toy filled with water and multiply it to a billion decibles. We decided not to get it.
    Adopt a BB member instead, and then you can take them to Hardee's (do they still have those in VA?)
    P.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Cuteness! I feel fuzzy...

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus
    Cuteness! I feel fuzzy...
    Always made me feel fuzzy too. Need to see one in person for the ultimate fuzzieness.
    K

And how similar are they to ferrets? I'm allergic to nearly all living things, so I try to stick to reptiles..... But I'm quite curious.

the next best thing would be to get a chinchilla if you can't get a sugar glider

devilmutt's Avatar Senior Member

o.k. i got one of those things...and it is as close to pure evil of any thing i have encountered in my life...although it is probably just it's personality and not a common trait between all sugar gliders...evil i say...pure evil.

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

my friend owns two flying squirrels which i am not sure how different they are on a technical sense but she loves them ...she says they are quite quiet and very fun to have the only problem was keeping the apartment guarded until they were old/trained enough to be let out to run around on there own... overall she said they ahve been great pets.

They're distant cousins to the flying squirrel, the squirrel being a rodent and the sugar glider being a marsupial (think kanga and roo). I still want one, especially now that i have this big ole town home with all these stairs, I can imagine jelly Bean glding down to greet me when I came home from along day at work. But I won't hold my breath.
    K

+ Reply to Thread