+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Have you ever set something on fire?

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Default Re: Have you ever set something on fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace
    I'm metal as fuck.
    You're not metal till you set a midget on fire.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

My mom used to throw a shit fit because I had a thing about melting celophane wrappers from her cigarettes.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I set my mom's bed on fire when I was 6.

Bikerpunk, you just jarred loose a memory... of something I set on fire.
    I was 10 or just barely under... Me and my sister took a roll of toilet paper... unrolled it...and twisted it together making all kinds of things... then when we heard mom coming, we stashed it underneath the bed mattress... Mom went outside to do who knows what, so I took this chance to burn the toilet paper... and destroy evidence.

I opened the wood burning stove by swinging open two doors....and shoved this emormous pile of twisted tissue into the mouth of this burning beast.
    As you could imagine... it started catching up in flames RAPIDLY fast!!!
    Not being able to push it in due to the fire.... it fell back onto the floor, which of being CARPET.
    So I run outside, grab the garden hose, turn it on, and run back in the house with the hose spraying wildly (not a pressurized multi-jet flow, but a single spilling flow)
    Just as I was spraying down the carpet, mom came in the back door....smelling the smoke... rushing down stairs, and taking the shovel to push the twisted pile into the mouth of the stove. Here I am like a freakin' maniac, spraying everything including her.

I'm not sure why this didnt come to mind the instant I read the question!

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    Bikerpunk, you just jarred loose a memory... of something I set on fire.
    I was 10 or just barely under... Me and my sister took a roll of toilet paper... unrolled it...and twisted it together making all kinds of things... then when we heard mom coming, we stashed it underneath the bed mattress... Mom went outside to do who knows what, so I took this chance to burn the toilet paper... and destroy evidence.

I opened the wood burning stove by swinging open two doors....and shoved this emormous pile of twisted tissue into the mouth of this burning beast.
    As you could imagine... it started catching up in flames RAPIDLY fast!!!
    Not being able to push it in due to the fire.... it fell back onto the floor, which of being CARPET.
    So I run outside, grab the garden hose, turn it on, and run back in the house with the hose spraying wildly (not a pressurized multi-jet flow, but a single spilling flow)
    Just as I was spraying down the carpet, mom came in the back door....smelling the smoke... rushing down stairs, and taking the shovel to push the twisted pile into the mouth of the stove. Here I am like a freakin' maniac, spraying everything including her.

I'm not sure why this didnt come to mind the instant I read the question!
    Apparently the VICIOUS SPANKING instead of reinforcing DON"T DO THIS made you repress the entire memory.

Ace's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    You're not metal till you set a midget on fire.

Well, in the absence of any midgets, I once got my aunt (who is 2 inches away from being legally a dwarf) really really drunk once. That's gotta count for something...

Senior_Diablo's Avatar in a rowboat

i like setting stuff on fire.. especially plastics for some reason..lol

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

heh,....... fire's cool

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

i remember giving several of those green plastic army men a traditional viking burial, ie they and a portion of metho were loaded up into a plastic landing craft and pushed out to burn in the middle of a mates swimming pool... aerosol bombs covering football fields in tissue paper and purple spray paint... packing matches heads-up into a topless tictac container until you cant squeeze anymore in, then lighting one so that the starting flare and slow burndown would roll along the top in a chain reaction... buying bulk packs of matches on a weekly basis...

and my nephew shall never hear of any of this.

at least until hes twelve

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

yes, and im sorry. but the forest fire was not my doing, being as i was in another state with my parents at the time. and that fire was centered about 100 yards farther from my house...

we were just playing with a lighter we found, burning some tree litter and pine needles on a large boulder. we *should* have had water already on hand but didnt.

TheCosmicSheriff's Avatar If I could, would I?

Small- Baby Frogs with road flair. I still fell horrible about that.
    Medium - parents garage when flaming arrow wrapped in paper fell in the gas can I had dipped the arrow in.
    Large - Old auto shop on friends orchard. Paying with grinder and went back next day and the shop was gone. Found out latter that they got some killer insurance settlement so I didn't feel TOO bad.

Creepshow's Avatar i'll skin you alive.

yes.
    the first time i accidentally set something on fire it was tissue paper. my dad was sleeping and i accidentally set it in the candle. and the curtains almost caught fire but my dad woke up and killed the fire with his pillow. lol
    the rest after that were intentional.
    my old friend burned his house down when he was in elementry school.lol

My bestfriend (boy) was Jay C. His dad and my dad grew up together, and their dads grew up together...
    Jay C had 5 younger brothers that were pure hellions... the next to the youngest one, Wally (Walter Constantine) got his mom's lighter from the table, and hid behind the recliner and tried to burn off a thread from the curtains... the whole double wide went up in flames!!!
    (creepshow, you jarred another memory loose)

Who knows how many there are?

(My husband who will hopefully chime in in a few days will tell his flame stories)

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

fire or does explosives count ?

I have read 1 to many cook books...A lot of it does work, which is odd enough

1 Just general stupid, putting Gas on a bonfire about burn off my eye brows...
    2 Caught the drapes on fire, because blowing fire aka everclear...
    3 caught a rather large field on fire, enough where the local fire team had to come out.

I'd imagine that explosives count

I am not going the list anything... on that matter... I like fire...

Dont want to admit to anything incriminating? Or put the eyes on you if it gets away from you in the future?

Did you know you can boil water over open fire....IN PLASTIC?!!!!!!!! In a cut off gatorade bottle.

I got a picture to prove it that I took myself, and I cant do anything that complicated to falsely create it.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

ive boiled water in folded newspaper over an open fire before... then let it boil away and the paper went WOOMF heh

in these times anything is incriminating on public forum...If I wanted to run for public office. it would not be the best thing to have out there floating about

Ace's Avatar Senior Member

I have an uncle who is apparently in prison for arson (amonst other criminal ventures). As my mom tells it to me, apparently he tried to burn down their house whilst my grandparents were still in it as a child.

Tinman's Avatar Senior Member

Ive set fire to, burnt, singed or blew up most things when i was a kid, i had an unheathly obsession with fire.

i once sprayed myself with areosol and set it alight running through my house whislt my 2 sisters were stoned, i couldnt stop laughin as they lurched and tried to react to the little bro running round the front room on fire lol, thankfully mum n dad were out. Ive blew up a portacabin using wd40, a propane gas cylinder and some matches, after that i tried to mend my ways, but even to this day if left alone with matches or lighters or anything i can light, i simply cant help myself.

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

on a still day quite large convincing mushroom clouds can be generated with half a drum of molten burning wax and a glass of cold water. ingredients are well within reach of any midget or disturbed juvenile. recommended for outdoors only kiddies but hey... it's your building.

also you can make really cool "monster hands" by dipping your hand in repeatedly and letting the wax solidify and run. it's only a bit hot the first dip. best if you do this before the wax actually ignites but hey... it's your hand.

many other under-age antics come to mind some of them bordering on the "uh-oh that's a bit serious and un-funny at the time" side although after reading this thread I suspect that it's fairly ubiquitous behaviour. when's next burning man? i would like to get there early this year hahahaha

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus88
    If I wanted to run for public office.
    B88 for Fire Chief (Farenheit 451 style)

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

when I was a kid living in Mexico, making small fires was one of the only things to do as a form of amusement...

I'm with Bacchus88, on this one! Lucky for me, when i was in construction, the boss would put me in charge of "Burning". He used to get a kick out of how fast i could turn VERY LARGE piles of trash onto very small piles of ash, in a very short amount of time!

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I'm not much for fire. I'm learning to spin poi though.

Filthy_Victorian's Avatar Junior Member

a bus tunnel thing
    and my hair both accidents of course lol

+ Reply to Thread