+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Miss America's Name Do You Know?

Default Which Miss America’s Name Do You Know?

People often like to get me alone and confide that they would really really love to pose nude for me but they are concerned about their future careers. When I lived in Washington, DC, I just took this at face value. Im proud of how I have lived my life. I was class president in 10th grade. If I felt like running for some community office, I dont think I would be daunted by my " gasp " association with artistic and activist depictions of naked people. Nonetheless, I understand how someone...
    Read the full article

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

Default Re: Which Miss America's Name Do You Know?

This article .. . . parts of it made me smile a little . . .

The unpublicized life is not worth living.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

yeah interesting article, i remmeber the one chick because shes from here in kentucky, but i think she was threatened of having it stripped bcause of underage drinking and blowing coke or something. but yeah, i blame this mainstream puritanical veiw that has really come into force lately, its like when they made that huge deal with janet jackson and the superbowl a few years back. but youre right i think its also trump playing for publicity, even though noone really gives a shit about those pageants anyways.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    yeah interesting article, i remmeber the one chick because shes from here in kentucky, but i think she was threatened of having it stripped bcause of underage drinking and blowing coke or something. but yeah, i blame this mainstream puritanical veiw that has really come into force lately, its like when they made that huge deal with janet jackson and the superbowl a few years back. but youre right i think its also trump playing for publicity, even though noone really gives a shit about those pageants anyways.
    I think he is trying to make people give a something or other about those pageants.

Miss Teen USA had, bizarrely enough, an endorsement from the zealots at MADD. Mind you, she did not drive drunk. She just was underage and drank. So she lost her endorsement. I could write a whole 'nother article about what fake-ass Puritans the MADD people are. They get all sanctimonious about drunk driving, but they are really against alcohol period. They are trying to get the mainstream to be as laughably puritanical as they are.

Miss USA agreed to go into rehab, although she was just seen using cocaine, and there was no real suggestion that she was an addict.

Miss Teen USA and Miss USA were reportedly seen making out with each other as part of their partying ways. All terribly scandalous. Tut, tut, tut.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i dont think his publicity s going to work, people nowadays will just move on from one thing to another, hell i completely forgot about the miss usa crap untill someone mentioned this, and ill probably forget about it again in a month, i think most people nowadays are pretty much the same way. wand yeah ive met some of those MADD people, they sort of reminded of me of PETA in a way, only PETA is way scarier.

Miss Teen USA had, bizarrely enough, an endorsement from the zealots at MADD. Mind you, she did not drive drunk. She just was underage and drank. So she lost her endorsement. I could write a whole 'nother article about what fake-ass Puritans the MADD people are. They get all sanctimonious about drunk driving, but they are really against alcohol period. They are trying to get the mainstream to be as laughably puritanical as they are.
    Really, it seems to me she's just the sort of role model they're after - granted, she can call a Limo, but still...

Big problem with a lot of these sort of outreach programs, they climb so far up their own asses that they only kids that listen to them are they ones that aren't going to do it anyway.

Or they become so huge that there impact is almost nothing. I believe only 7 cents of every dollar actually goes to do anything other then pay salaries. Atleast in MADD

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Had you ever heard of Miss Teen USA before? Ever watched it?

nope and nopers

Sara X's Avatar lizard breath

i totally agree with you.

Janiac02's Avatar Opera Diva Extraordinaire

Default Re: Which Miss America’s Name Do You Know?

Maybe some people are genuinely concerned about their "careers", whatever the chosen field may be, but really, I think they are just hoping to hear you tell them how wonderful they would look on camera, and how you'd just do anything to get them there. Even the people who seem most confident have hang-ups about their bodies, and how people will view them. If they want a confidence boost, and other people's opinions, they can get that on *******.
    It would be so refreshing if everyone started thinking for themselves, and didn't become influenced by what other's opinions might be. But then, if everyone acted freely, I suppose we would be shocked by nothing, and the media would have a hell of a time attracting our attention. That would be a ginormous industry collapse.

+ Reply to Thread