+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Review: Siouxsie & The Banshees by Mark Paytress

Default Review: Siouxsie & The Banshees by Mark Paytress

I find biographies a very intimate read. You always kind of hope that you get a glimpse of a star and feel closer to their secrets,accepting the fact that there might be disappointing discoveries along the way too. As you would expect from an authorised biography there are plenty of historical facts in this book from the very early attempts of playing 'music', to Siouxsie shocking Disney World in her fantastic thigh length boots.
    At times you kind of wonder how on earth Siouxsie and the gang can still be alive after all that they have been through with numerous dramas involving drugs, drink & violence...
    This dark side is offset by Siouxsie and Budgie's love story which unfurls in a comical, glamorous and sweet manner.
    The book is filled with beautiful photographs and unbelievably cult-like stories.
    All told, a fantastic read and a treasure to own.

Default Re: Review: Siouxsie & The Banshees by Mark Paytress

I love Siouxsie & The Banshees. Will definitely have to pick up a copy. Cheers!

That sounds sweet. I got the Downside-Up box set for my birthday and there had a short biography in the liner noted of the set I found interesting, but it left me wanting to read more. When did this book get published?

The downsideup box set is awesome by the way. I mention that because if your a fan and don't own it you should get it. I love Siouxsie! She's still totally sexy, and she must be like in her late 40's.

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    That sounds sweet. I got the Downside-Up box set for my birthday and there had a short biography in the liner noted of the set I found interesting, but it left me wanting to read more. When did this book get published?

The downsideup box set is awesome by the way. I mention that because if your a fan and don't own it you should get it. I love Siouxsie! She's still totally sexy, and she must be like in her late 40's.
    I puchased this dirt-cheap off Amazon & have to agree with the original reviewer that it's an excellent read. Some great stories/quotes & pics...

To answer your question-it was published 21 July 2003 (according to the blurb on Amazon)

& have to agree with you that she's still hot!

+ Reply to Thread