+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ahhhh my face

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default ahhhh my face

I can't breathe out of my face, I don't know if its allergies or a cold or what, I don't feel sick, my nose is just super stuffy...I tried eating a bunch of wasabi at work, totally didn't help...any other suggestions? Sorry for the lame thread, but this has been driving me crazy for 3 days

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: ahhhh my face

did you try snorting the wasabi?

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    did you try snorting the wasabi?
    haha I'm not that brave..probably wouldve helped though lol

Kat's Avatar Member

I find eating anything with loads of chilli clears my sinuses temporarily, but it sounds like you need a dose or two of antihistamines. Not sure if they're available over the counter where you are but if you can get them, they're great. Just make sure you get a non-drowsy one if you want to stay awake.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i once got so sick that my mucus membranes in my sinus swelled up and made breathing through my nose totally impossible. i ended trying the "eat spicy food" cure - 6 alarm chili at a local restaurant. it only sort of worked. i was able to breathe through my nose again briefly, long enough to realize how frelling hot the chili was! my eyes were watering severely, etc.

later that day i ended up deciding that i would try just about anything to breathe through my nose again. my solution: stick straws up my nose to create an air passage! it felt and looked really strange; but it worked.

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

Old Irish recipie (hope youre not edge)
    Heat a pan of whiskey (about 4 to 5 oz) as hot/warm as you can you can stand to drink it. Squeeze in a whole lemon. Slam it and sit in a hot bath/shower/jacuzzi and let the sweating begin. Warning: you will feel like shit in the short term, but the next morning.....all gone!
    P.S. to avoid any "hangover", dring water while soaking

Quote Originally Posted by Kat
    I find eating anything with loads of chilli clears my sinuses temporarily, but it sounds like you need a dose or two of antihistamines. Not sure if they're available over the counter where you are but if you can get them, they're great. Just make sure you get a non-drowsy one if you want to stay awake.
    I think you can buy them over the counter...do they have pills that are antihistimines...I hate that stuff you spray in your nose...I cant deal with stuff in my nose, it makes me puke and die

Quote Originally Posted by CorporateGoth
    Old Irish recipie (hope youre not edge)
    Heat a pan of whiskey (about 4 to 5 oz) as hot/warm as you can you can stand to drink it. Squeeze in a whole lemon. Slam it and sit in a hot bath/shower/jacuzzi and let the sweating begin. Warning: you will feel like shit in the short term, but the next morning.....all gone!
    P.S. to avoid any "hangover", dring water while soaking

I don't mind loads of booze...but does it have to be whiskey in particular? ...i have to move tomorrow, so getting loaded might not be a good idea before driving a uhaul lol

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    my solution: stick straws up my nose to create an air passage! it felt and looked really strange; but it worked.
    Lol...that's awesome. ...

But yeah, I almost feel like ny nose is swollen shut, opposed to it being stuffy...it's weird..maybe straws will work for me too

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

I dont think it has to be whiskey, but I wouldnt use Scnapps or anything, just "clean" alcohol. And believe me, its not about getting loaded, its about sweating. You kinda sweat the sick out.

Quote Originally Posted by CorporateGoth
    I dont think it has to be whiskey, but I wouldnt use Scnapps or anything, just "clean" alcohol. And believe me, its not about getting loaded, its about sweating. You kinda sweat the sick out.

Right, makes sense, no sugars or anything,...I think sake would work

Kat's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    I think you can buy them over the counter...do they have pills that are antihistimines...I hate that stuff you spray in your nose...I cant deal with stuff in my nose, it makes me puke and die
    I've always gotten them in tablet form - marketed in Australia under the brand name of Sudafed. Nasal sprays are awful. They always seem to dribble down my throat, making me choke.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat
    I've always gotten them in tablet form - marketed in Australia under the brand name of Sudafed. Nasal sprays are awful. They always seem to dribble down my throat, making me choke.
    yeah isnt that shit gross...so nasty, thats why I could never snort any drugs...ewwww

Now that you say sudafed, yeah oregon has it by rx only now..lame

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Benadryl will frequently help with that sort of problem. It'll make you a little sleepy though.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

eating alot of minty candy like lifesavers usualy does the trick for me

Satiate's Avatar Senior Member

if your symptoms only involve your nose, it's more than likely just allergies... or sinuitus...

for information on sinuitus go here: http://kidshealth.org/parent/infecti...sinusitis.html

(i have a deviated septumm plus dust allergies, soooooooooo, i'm prone to getting the latter)

i would try the benedryl (the ultra tabs work great and if you have difficulty swallowing pills the vanilla mint strips work incredibly fast)... i do the whole, turn the shower on for a lengthy period until you get a good build up of steam... i also have a wall heater unit in mine so i turn that on... get the room so hot i can barely stand it... and do one of two things, depending on my mood...

1. get the sudacare shower tabs like this found here: http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...1&ec=sp_616158
    and take a very hot shower until i can't stand anymore...
    or
    2. take a long HOT bath and get a very hot steaming wash cloth and lay it across my face until i'm a big prune... (if i do that, i will but also 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 cup of milk, 2-4 green tea packets, 2 tbsp. of vanilla... not only does it soothe a bit, but it smells great and is relaxing...)

but usually hot steamy environments work well... if you have a humidifier, perfect if not... try to drink warm drinks, and when you do hold the cup up to your face and breathe in the steam... or i've done this when it's been bad, boil a huge pot of water, remove the pot from the heat, and when it's safe, (ie, no longer bubbling about) put a towel over the back of your head and lean over the pot and breathe in the steam...

if this keeps up for a few more days and doesn't disappear, i suggest going to a doctor...

hope that this helps...

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Whenever I read the thread title I laugh, heh.

Hope you got it all cleared up!

Nikki Vega's Avatar Member

They have those shower soothers you can try.

+ Reply to Thread