Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: high maintenace bitch

and your little dog too

Default high maintenace bitch

from yahoo

Dog store sign angers Seattle residents

Thu Feb 22, 9:04 PM ET

SEATTLE - A newly opened store catering to very pampered dogs, especially female dogs, is getting more than questioning looks for its name, High Maintenance Bitch.

The third word in the sign is widely visible at North 45th Street and Wallingford Avenue North, one of the main intersections in the Wallingford neighborhood business west of Interstate 5 and north of the Lake Washington Ship Canal.

"I am probably the most progressive liberal person in the world and I am personally offended by the sign," said Janet Stillman, executive director of the Wallingford Neighborhood Office. "It's so blatant and so in your face."

The sign is the issue more than products such as Gel-ous Bitch bath gel and Street Walker paw cleanser, said Kara Ceriello, co-president of the Wallingford Chamber of Commerce.

Ceriello said she supports the store but has heard complaints from about a dozen people.

"It is going to be a hot issue again when we get to our Wallingford Kiddie Parade and Street Fair," she said.

Stillman said the sign could wreck family photographs of the parade, scheduled for July 7.

"Walk by there with your 5-year-old and try to explain why that sign is there. Half of the sign is made up of the word 'bitch.'"

Making no apologies, co-founder Lori Pacchiano, 36, said she planned to meet with the chamber Thursday. Meanwhile, she and her brother, Ryan Pacchiano, 27, hope to made the business name as commonplace in shopping areas as Victoria's Secret.

Over the next three years they hope to open 10 stores at a cost of about $200,000 each.

"Our company is probably the most high-end pet brand in the world," Pacchiano said. "We want to be known for growing from Seattle."

In the process, she said, one of her goals is to reclaim the word in its original meaning, a female dog, as opposed to a derogatory term for a woman.

"Our store is a dog store, but the concept and philosophy is directed specifically toward women," she said.

Janiac02's Avatar Opera Diva Extraordinaire

Default Re: high maintenace bitch

I personally thought it was pretty clever. I'd be more concerned with my five year old hearing and repeating the word bitch, rather than reading it on a sign and being confused about it. I have a pretty good feeling they are going to learn those words.
    It's obviously a play on words, but it's meant to be humorous, rather than offensive to woman.

"Walk by there with your 5-year-old and try to explain why that sign is there."
    Excellent point. Why the hell would a sign be on a store?

"In the process, she said, one of her goals is to reclaim the word in its original meaning, a female dog, as opposed to a derogatory term for a woman."
    Yeah. Bullshit. It's called shock value.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias
    "Walk by there with your 5-year-old and try to explain why that sign is there."
    Excellent point. Why the hell would a sign be on a store?

"In the process, she said, one of her goals is to reclaim the word in its original meaning, a female dog, as opposed to a derogatory term for a woman."
    Yeah. Bullshit. It's called shock value.
    Right, or it wouldn't have been used in a phrase that would be easily confused for a human woman. They are now on national news, so she got exactly what she wanted.

Why do people buy their dog 40 dollar dog toys and special perfumed shampoos . I've never seen a dog any happier because of it. All the dogs ive seen look quite happy with a toy sock/stick and a rinse with the hose and some soap.

Blatant b/s from the store owner as well. She knew what she was doing, this is all just free publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    Why do people buy their dog 40 dollar dog toys and special perfumed shampoos . I've never seen a dog any happier because of it. All the dogs ive seen look quite happy with a toy sock/stick and a rinse with the hose and some soap.

Blatant b/s from the store owner as well. She knew what she was doing, this is all just free publicity.
    People seem to think snobbery can replace love. Maybe that's what their parents did to them too, bought them expensive clothes to shut them up, and show them off when it was convenient. Dogs will be more than happy to rip anything you give them apart. I mean, the moment you tie and old t-shirt or sock into a knot and throw it, it has become a toy. Cats too. I have all kinds of little cat toys, but they will chase after crumpled paper first.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

yup my gramas cat... fiend for tinfoil balls. my dog when i was a kid played with my dads old socks tied in a knot. you couldnt get that thing away from her!

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I think its funny. When will this country progress? We need more people like that. For everyone who is worried about that one word on a store sign, do they also worry when a fat person walks by their children... I mean, Ive heard kids ask why people are so fat.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

This is old news for me. I believe it was on the news a few months ago...but I could be wrong.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

This sort of thing makes me sick. If you want a dog, ou take the time to take care of it yourself. You bathe, you brush it, you walk it, you feed it. Dogs are by nature Pack Animals. If you don't take the time to bond with it, a dog can view you as NOT part of it's pack, thus it may view you as a threat if you try to chastise it.
    My old dog, may she rest in peace, never played with any toys, probably due to the previous owner mistreating her (though how anyone could mistreat a Samoyed is beyond comprehension to me) Yes, she was spoilt, but she was spoilt by us, she was walked by us, fed by us, washed by us. and she loved us for it.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    This is old news for me. I believe it was on the news a few months ago...but I could be wrong.
    You are in Seattle, so it is a local story where you are. It probably was in the Seattle news a few months back, but it takes a while for local stories to go national. Or the dog place may have taken a while to decide to either (a) fight back with press releases or (b) promote with controversy.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    This sort of thing makes me sick. If you want a dog, ou take the time to take care of it yourself. You bathe, you brush it, you walk it, you feed it. Dogs are by nature Pack Animals. If you don't take the time to bond with it, a dog can view you as NOT part of it's pack, thus it may view you as a threat if you try to chastise it.
    My old dog, may she rest in peace, never played with any toys, probably due to the previous owner mistreating her (though how anyone could mistreat a Samoyed is beyond comprehension to me) Yes, she was spoilt, but she was spoilt by us, she was walked by us, fed by us, washed by us. and she loved us for it.
    I sorta have to disagree, since I earn my living working with other peoples animals. Yes, Id LOVE to see people actually brush their dogs, that way when they come in to get their haircuts with me, I wouldnt have to shave them down or tear at their mats. A lot of the breeds I work with need regular professional grooming, and I stress the word professional. Ive had clients come to me whove tried to cut their own dogs hair, and theyve found it isnt as easy as they thought, and have promised me never to try it again, lol. We also have the necessary tools to work with high maintenance dogs, especially those who shed whole other dogs (Huskies, labs, etc) due to the fact that you need special techniques and tools to get the pesky undercoat out on double coated breeds. We educate owners on diet and proper care to keep thier pup looking good, and they love us for it.

We completely pamper their dogs. Its very good for socialization skills, which is a very important part of a dog living a healthy happy life. We get the dogs being used to being touched, especially their paws for their very required nail care. Owners who dont know what they are doing can severely hurt and cripple a dog, even if they just cut the nails. We are trained to clip close to the nerve and vein called the quick in the nails, but not so much that we cause them pain and bleeding. The tools used to cut the dogs fur is very sharp and dangerous, so we also know how to hold them so we can get the job done without poking an eye out, cutting them, etc. Not to mention the fact that many owners pets know that all they have to do is whine and they have their owner wrapped around their pinky, therefore the holds and techniques necessary to keep their dogs coat clean and healthy will never be applied.

Its a dirty job, and very stressful, but we all do it because we love animals.

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

is it weird that im more offended by the "High Maintnence" part of it???

i bet theres a starbucks in that place too.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    I find it pretty unbelieveable that people mistreat any animal, regardless of breed. Then, given the fact that everyone has some type of bias against someone/ something, whether thay admit it or not, I shouldn't be so surprised.
    I do agree people should take care of their pets, just as they ought to take care of themselves, but occasionally I like to be pampered and I'll go out and have my hair professionally done instead of dying it myself and having my mom or sister cut it. Nothing wrong with doing that for your dog, especially if you have a dog that is really hard to maintain. Or a cat. I have seen numerous cats that get uncontrollable mats. Hard to see them coming sometimes! I wouldn't want to be responsible for chopping my poor animals.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

It really bothers me when I think about how many things are knocked because it might be difficult to explain them to a 5 year old. We are not a land of 5 year olds and I'm sick of the pressure on everything to be pre-school appropriate. I think it's a lot more likely that a 5 year old will have a hard time with the question 'Why are there dirty crazy homeless people?' than they will have understanding the finer points of gender based derogatory euphemisms.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    I sorta have to disagree, since I earn my living working with other peoples animals. Yes, Id LOVE to see people actually brush their dogs, that way when they come in to get their haircuts with me, I wouldnt have to shave them down or tear at their mats. A lot of the breeds I work with need regular professional grooming, and I stress the word professional. Ive had clients come to me whove tried to cut their own dogs hair, and theyve found it isnt as easy as they thought, and have promised me never to try it again, lol. We also have the necessary tools to work with high maintenance dogs, especially those who shed whole other dogs (Huskies, labs, etc) due to the fact that you need special techniques and tools to get the pesky undercoat out on double coated breeds. We educate owners on diet and proper care to keep thier pup looking good, and they love us for it.

We completely pamper their dogs. Its very good for socialization skills, which is a very important part of a dog living a healthy happy life. We get the dogs being used to being touched, especially their paws for their very required nail care. Owners who dont know what they are doing can severely hurt and cripple a dog, even if they just cut the nails. We are trained to clip close to the nerve and vein called the quick in the nails, but not so much that we cause them pain and bleeding. The tools used to cut the dogs fur is very sharp and dangerous, so we also know how to hold them so we can get the job done without poking an eye out, cutting them, etc. Not to mention the fact that many owners pets know that all they have to do is whine and they have their owner wrapped around their pinky, therefore the holds and techniques necessary to keep their dogs coat clean and healthy will never be applied.

Its a dirty job, and very stressful, but we all do it because we love animals.
    I have a friend in Canada, that used to do exactly the same job, and completely out of the blue, a pitbull bit her on the nose. May have been because the owner had done something to the dog whilst trying to groom it themself, I don't know.

I know some dogs need special maintenance, but the owners should do their homework before taking on such a responsibility. Same as for children.
    I'm not going to hijack this thread by going into a discussion about the UK's policy on parenthood!

People that are professional groomers have my utmost respect, it's the fact that we have turned into a "Fast Food" culture where we haven't got time to do the things we should be doing, so we pay someone else to do it for us. Because of my being at work, I would prefer to not have a dog, since I'd be out from early in the morning until late afternoon, so wouldn't want to leave them in the house all alone.

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

Its brilliant!! Great name and all that and honestly if my 5 year old asked me what bitch meant I would tell them female dog anyway so meh.

I'm getting a dog soon and its tempting to make the drive to Seattle just to get them trimmed.

DO NOT go to petsmart to get them groomed!!!! the professional groomer my mom takes our dog to has told her that the people at petsmart dont know wtf theyre doing and have cut dogs up so badly with the shavers and grooming tools that theyve needed emergency surgery in some cases. NOTHANX!!!!

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

the most progressive liberal in the world is offended by a sign for a pet shop...

and that is why america will never change.

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

that is the best marketing scheme ever. Way to go guys. Already free publicity since the conservatives are outraged!!!

Nikki Vega's Avatar Member

I think it is so cool. I love the product names and the fact that they are using the word bitch, in it's original use.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    the most progressive liberal in the world is offended by a sign for a pet shop...
    Rotfl. Yeah, that bit was rather irritating to read.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    DO NOT go to petsmart to get them groomed!!!! the professional groomer my mom takes our dog to has told her that the people at petsmart dont know wtf theyre doing and have cut dogs up so badly with the shavers and grooming tools that theyve needed emergency surgery in some cases. NOTHANX!!!!
    Excuse me! I work for Petsmart, and Im VERY good at my job as are the other salon associates who work with me. I learned in a private shop, and went to Petsmart because the corporate companies offer an hourly wage/commission (whichever is higher), as opposed to just hourly or commission...so groomers get royally screwed when it comes to income because they are either A) Not doing enough dogs because its a small shop with limited clientele so you make less than min wage, or B) you work your ass off for an hourly wage that is much lower than a commission rate. Corporate companies also offer benefits, which many small shops DO NOT. In this profession its VERY important to have health insurance. I sure wouldnt want to pay for every dog bite out of my own pocket in the ER. These companies also offer schooling that their employees DO NOT pay for...the company does.

Your moms groomer sounds like an ass, and is more than likely uncomfortable with competition. If she was a good groomer, she wouldnt have to bad mouth her competition. I have great clients, and I would NEVER bad mouth another company or business. Fine take your dog somewhere else, but they always end up coming back to me and I dont have to say a word to try and belittle and make up blatant lies about other companies so they stay with me. My work speaks for itself, as does my associates.

So before you jump blindly on a bandwagon, check your facts. Ive never injured a dog. No matter WHERE you take your dog, there is a chance of injury, even by certified master groomers who belong to the NDGA. The tools we work with are very sharp, and you get dogs who dance all over the table while we try and beautify them for their owners, something is bound to happen at one point or another.

And I dont think your moms groomer can sit there with a lily white ass, Im sure she has caused injury in one way or another, even if she quicked a nail. EVERY groomer has done it, and if they havent they obviously arent cutting the nails right or enough to make a difference.

So dont go preching this anti petsmart bullshit. They are a great company that I absolutely LOVE working for. And you in essence are calling my clients irresponsible for bringing their dogs to me, THAT does not sit well with me.

Every groom shop is different. Even within the corporate companies. There are shitty ones, and great ones, so to base them all on one groomers opinion is like saying all african americans are gang banging drug dealing murderers. Or all pugs are crazy dogs. Or all pits will attack you.

Its just ignorant.

Every groom shop is different. Even within the corporate companies. There are shitty ones, and great ones, so to base them all on one groomers opinion is like saying all african americans are gang banging drug dealing murderers. Or all pugs are crazy dogs. Or all pits will attack you.

Its just ignorant.
    Even with all that you still agree that there are shitty ones. I know pet owners from all over the place, and they rarely have anything positive to say about places like petco and petsmart in the way they handle the animals. Instead of taking what she said as an insult, why not take it as more of a warning? People should do research before irresponsibly taking their pets to a place where they dont know how qualified the workers there are. Also there was no reason to throw down the race card.

Quote Originally Posted by GnArKiLL
    Even with all that you still agree that there are shitty ones. I know pet owners from all over the place, and they rarely have anything positive to say about places like petco and petsmart in the way they handle the animals. Instead of taking what she said as an insult, why not take it as more of a warning? People should do research before irresponsibly taking their pets to a place where they dont know how qualified the workers there are. Also there was no reason to throw down the race card.
    I don't think it really counts as throwing the race card down unless you're using your own race. That would be called an analogy, and she used it correctly. With that said, there are people who aren't good at their job in all professions, and even more people who *gasp* make mistakes occasionally. I am pretty sure her point was that you shouldn't make generalizations based on one person's opinion. There might be a really horrendous groomer at that particular petsmart, but that doesn't mean they are all run that way. Why exactly should she take that as a warning, I'm curious? She knows how the business she works at is run. If she'd willingly take her own animals to her place of employment and let a co-worker do the grooming, I'd consider that sufficient research and "warning".

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Why would I need to take it as a warning when I WORK for the company? There are no shitty shops, just shitty groomers (ie individuals) and to base a while company on one bad (or hell, 1000, it is a large company) groomer(s) is absurd. You can have one 'bad' groomer who made a mistake, but three other groomers in the salon that have never made a serious mistake. Why damn the whole company? My analogy is correct, its not throwing down a race card. That went right over your head. You pick that out of the three analogies I gave? Now it just sounds like your nit picking.

I take it as an insult when she is on the WWW stating her moms groomers OPINION, and decided to make it her own and cause grief to those of us who do our jobs right. There is no fact behind it considering its a generalization. Now if she had said "so and so at this company did this" it would be completely different, if it was true. I highly doubt her moms groomer even knows if its fact, but just hearsay.

Im happy my clients are 'irresponsible' then. Ill gladly take irresponsible owners who bring their animals to me, because then I know their family members will be happy, comfortable, and most of all SAFE in my care.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Janiac02
    I don't think it really counts as throwing the race card down unless you're using your own race. That would be called an analogy, and she used it correctly. With that said, there are people who aren't good at their job in all professions, and even more people who *gasp* make mistakes occasionally. I am pretty sure her point was that you shouldn't make generalizations based on one person's opinion. There might be a really horrendous groomer at that particular petsmart, but that doesn't mean they are all run that way. Why exactly should she take that as a warning, I'm curious? She knows how the business she works at is run. If she'd willingly take her own animals to her place of employment and let a co-worker do the grooming, I'd consider that sufficient research and "warning".
    Thank you. At least someone got the point I was making;]

Why would I need to take it as a warning when I WORK for the company? There are no shitty shops, just shitty groomers (ie individuals) and to base a while company on one bad (or hell, 1000, it is a large company) groomer(s) is absurd. You can have one 'bad' groomer who made a mistake, but three other groomers in the salon that have never made a serious mistake. Why damn the whole company? My analogy is correct, its not throwing down a race card. That went right over your head. You pick that out of the three analogies I gave? Now it just sounds like your nit picking.

I take it as an insult when she is on the WWW stating her moms groomers OPINION, and decided to make it her own and cause grief to those of us who do our jobs right. There is no fact behind it considering its a generalization. Now if she had said "so and so at this company did this" it would be completely different, if it was true. I highly doubt her moms groomer even knows if its fact, but just hearsay.

Im happy my clients are 'irresponsible' then. Ill gladly take irresponsible owners who bring their animals to me, because then I know their family members will be happy, comfortable, and most of all SAFE in my care.

I actually meant for others to take what mmcherry said as a warning, not you. Agree or not she did say what she said for a reason, and even though she didnt say it in the most politically correct way, not like she wanted too, there was still reason. Im not picking on groomers or anything like that, its just that i do know that big pet places like that are ironically not the best places for pets. Im sure your great at your job and im sure YOUR particular store runs well but obviously its not the case for every single store around the country. I just dont think there was any reason to get so offended by what she said, becuase i know it couldnt all be summed up in the one or two sentences she wrote.

As for the analogy, i got it, i just dont like it because your still saying that there are some african american people who are gang banging drug dealing murderers. Of course there are people like that, but the color of ones skin doesnt make it so, or more likely. Im sure thats not how you meant it, i just take things like that kinda personal, unless its in context of a joke, then anything goes. Dont look too much into this.

I didnt pick the other analogies because i just hate dogs. Ive met one, ONE, pitbull in my entire life and he took a chunk out of my chin. I know not all are like that of course, and i knew that when i tried approaching him, but he still decided to be an asshole.Ever been attacked by a dog? It sucks. Ever had to get 17 rabie shots? ON YOUR LEG? It sucks even worse. This has nothing to do with anything i just felt like typing it.

As for the analogy, i got it, i just dont like it because your still saying that there are some african american people who are gang banging drug dealing murderers. Of course there are people like that, but the color of ones skin doesnt make it so, or more likely. Im sure thats not how you meant it, i just take things like that kinda personal, unless its in context of a joke, then anything goes. Dont look too much into this.

I didnt pick the other analogies because i just hate dogs. Ive met one, ONE, pitbull in my entire life and he took a chunk out of my chin. I know not all are like that of course, and i knew that when i tried approaching him, but he still decided to be an asshole.Ever been attacked by a dog? It sucks. Ever had to get 17 rabie shots? ON YOUR LEG? It sucks even worse. This has nothing to do with anything i just felt like typing it.
    Anyone who works with animals has gotten attacked/bitten by them. I sure as hell have, even by the same dog more than once, just for kicks, and I've got more scars from cats yet. Most people who are animal lovers kinda just take it with a grain of salt and move on. If you aren't a big fan in the first place, hard to get over it I suppose.
    And again, for some reason I feel like being Jax's personal blueblood lawyer or something lol... but with that analogy she used, she was saying that it's BAD to stereotype people of any particular race. She didn't state that as a fact she believed. Anywho, don't assume people are trying to be assholes. It seems that most people around here would prefer a good debate to a straight out argument any day. With that in mind, if something has two meanings, it's often safe to assume that they didn't really mean it in a derogatory way.
    Case dismissed...
    I would suck at being a lawyer

Excuse me! I work for Petsmart, and Im VERY good at my job as are the other salon associates who work with me. I learned in a private shop, and went to Petsmart because the corporate companies offer an hourly wage/commission (whichever is higher), as opposed to just hourly or commission...so groomers get royally screwed when it comes to income because they are either A) Not doing enough dogs because its a small shop with limited clientele so you make less than min wage, or B) you work your ass off for an hourly wage that is much lower than a commission rate. Corporate companies also offer benefits, which many small shops DO NOT. In this profession its VERY important to have health insurance. I sure wouldnt want to pay for every dog bite out of my own pocket in the ER. These companies also offer schooling that their employees DO NOT pay for...the company does.

Your moms groomer sounds like an ass, and is more than likely uncomfortable with competition. If she was a good groomer, she wouldnt have to bad mouth her competition. I have great clients, and I would NEVER bad mouth another company or business. Fine take your dog somewhere else, but they always end up coming back to me and I dont have to say a word to try and belittle and make up blatant lies about other companies so they stay with me. My work speaks for itself, as does my associates.

So before you jump blindly on a bandwagon, check your facts. Ive never injured a dog. No matter WHERE you take your dog, there is a chance of injury, even by certified master groomers who belong to the NDGA. The tools we work with are very sharp, and you get dogs who dance all over the table while we try and beautify them for their owners, something is bound to happen at one point or another.

And I dont think your moms groomer can sit there with a lily white ass, Im sure she has caused injury in one way or another, even if she quicked a nail. EVERY groomer has done it, and if they havent they obviously arent cutting the nails right or enough to make a difference.

So dont go preching this anti petsmart bullshit. They are a great company that I absolutely LOVE working for. And you in essence are calling my clients irresponsible for bringing their dogs to me, THAT does not sit well with me.

Its just ignorant.
    okay jax im sorry... i meant the petsmart by my place, which they HAVE sent dogs to the hospital. i really didnt mean all petsmarts... i guess i should have put the specific location up... i feel really bad. im sorry.

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

Stereotypes are a part of life. We've all done it at some point in time. So yeah . . . cant get to offended or take them to heart . . .

but anyhay. I'm just not fond of pet smart (or the one where I live) because they wouldn't let my cousin buy me a mouse. Appearantly they didn't believe I would take care of it or some crap so they wouldn't let us get it. It was weird and lame. Pissed me off.
    But anyhayyy

Back to the original topic
    I think thats pretty bad ass about the sign & stuff.
    ^.^

I actually meant for others to take what mmcherry said as a warning, not you. Agree or not she did say what she said for a reason, and even though she didnt say it in the most politically correct way, not like she wanted too, there was still reason. Im not picking on groomers or anything like that, its just that i do know that big pet places like that are ironically not the best places for pets. Im sure your great at your job and im sure YOUR particular store runs well but obviously its not the case for every single store around the country. I just dont think there was any reason to get so offended by what she said, becuase i know it couldnt all be summed up in the one or two sentences she wrote.
    exactly... i didnt mean one bit of offence to anyone, least of all a professional groomer heh... i do understand there are shitty groomers out there, and some of them just happen to work at the petsmart near me. my moms groomer has gotten clients that had their dogs groomed at this petsmart (more than one!) and theyre absolutely terrified of the groomers because of it, but they calm down eventually with her, because shes good.

Quote Originally Posted by Janiac02
    Anyone who works with animals has gotten attacked/bitten by them. I sure as hell have, even by the same dog more than once, just for kicks, and I've got more scars from cats yet. Most people who are animal lovers kinda just take it with a grain of salt and move on. If you aren't a big fan in the first place, hard to get over it I suppose.
    And again, for some reason I feel like being Jax's personal blueblood lawyer or something lol... but with that analogy she used, she was saying that it's BAD to stereotype people of any particular race. She didn't state that as a fact she believed. Anywho, don't assume people are trying to be assholes. It seems that most people around here would prefer a good debate to a straight out argument any day. With that in mind, if something has two meanings, it's often safe to assume that they didn't really mean it in a derogatory way.
    Case dismissed...
    I would suck at being a lawyer
    yeah thats why i said dont look too much into it.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

sorry for the highjack, but on the general subject... I guess this is mostly for you Jax, but anyone who works with dogs, I was wondering how do you get the dogs to sit still while you are grooming them? Our dog is very energetic and he never stops jumping around. I don't mind it, but I wonder just how those people are able to get anything done with him?

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Wowza. Grooming ethics controversy in progress.

I got my doggies washed yesterday by the cutest lesbian lady across the street who owns a shop. She was so so sweet to my doggies! I am moving this weekend though so I am sad that I will have to find a replacement. Jax, please come groom my puppies!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoraLie
    Back to the original topic
    I think thats pretty bad ass about the sign & stuff.
    ^.^
    Have to admit, it has got people talking, us for instance.

As for Jax grooming Scar's Puppies, I think there's a photo set in that one!

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    sorry for the highjack, but on the general subject... I guess this is mostly for you Jax, but anyone who works with dogs, I was wondering how do you get the dogs to sit still while you are grooming them? Our dog is very energetic and he never stops jumping around. I don't mind it, but I wonder just how those people are able to get anything done with him?
    Its not easy! Some dogs will start to settle down after sitting on the table a few times, but many dont and you just have go very slowly. Whenever I know Im getting an energetic puppy/dog, I always tell the owner I will call them when Im finishd instead of honoring our 3 hour promise. Its just patience and more patience. On that one moment they decide to not wiggle around, that when we can get alot done;]

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Scar
    Wowza. Grooming ethics controversy in progress.

I got my doggies washed yesterday by the cutest lesbian lady across the street who owns a shop. She was so so sweet to my doggies! I am moving this weekend though so I am sad that I will have to find a replacement. Jax, please come groom my puppies!!!!
    Well, if youre plannin on moving up here to Chicago, Ill be more than hapy to take care of your two pups! If youre ever worried about whos doing them, you can always ask to watch the process, I always put my clinets mind at ease if its their first time with me;]

Well, if youre plannin on moving up here to Chicago, Ill be more than hapy to take care of your two pups! If youre ever worried about whos doing them, you can always ask to watch the process, I always put my clinets mind at ease if its their first time with me;]
    when you are working with scared or biting-prone dogs, do you just muzzle them, or have they ever had to be anesthetized? I know we've taken in some very frightened dogs that came into the animal shelter covered in mats, and heaven knows what else, can't imagine they would react well to being subjected to another strange environment.

yeah thats why i said dont look too much into it.
    I think I pretty much read that at face value, but none-the-less, suppose it didn't need to be said. So sorry, I guess?

+ Reply to Thread